How to Apply:
All applicants must submit a CSCL EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION (available at www.cscl.org or at our main office 9353 Mary St). Resumes alone will not be considered.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1.Participate, with the Program Manager, other professionals and the staff team, in planning for nursing support and therapies for people supported by CSCL;
2.Perform nursing such as administering prescribed medications and treatments, and observing, recording and reporting symptoms and changes in conditions;
3.Provide counseling and support to those receiving nursing support, their families and/or other staff around issues pertaining to health and treatment including training and details around proper procedures;
4.Carry out established procedures to prepare facilities, equipment and supplies for the delivery of health support;
5.Provide or assist with emergencies consistent with legislative authority and CSCL Policy;
6.Perform record keeping and administrative duties related to care of individual;
7.Provide health care education to individuals and staff;
8.Perform other duties as assigned by the manager.
9.Be the on-site advocate for the individuals supported in their home while fostering and encouraging a home like atmosphere;
10.Relate to each person in an empathic, positive manner which encourages feelings of self-worth and dignity and focuses on maximizing the development potential of each person;
11.Participate in Staff and Care Team meetings;
12.With the Care team develop appropriate program plans to achieve the individual’s objectives; participate in the implementation of the plans; contribute to the evaluation of the person’s progress and make written and verbal reports to the Team;
13.Provide emotional support and feedback to the individuals and their families while supporting the person toward self-sufficiency, responsibility, independence, integration and typical functioning in the community;
14.Act as a positive role model for all individuals, providing life skills training and behaviour supports where necessary;
15.Provide personal care, hygiene and grooming assistance as required;
16.Provide transportation in personal or Society vehicles as assigned, and assist in attending appointments and other outings as required;
17.Maintain necessary reports and statistics on individuals and ensure that all required documentation is accurate and complete;
18.Identify social, economic, recreational and educational services in the community that will meet the needs of individuals and assist them to participate as appropriate and as dictated by their desires and person centered plans;
19.Liaise with other agencies, professionals, government officials and the community, as authorized and directed by CSCL;
20.Ensure each individual’s nutritional needs are met with choices that fulfill the person’s desires and in a manner that enhances the person’s experience of a typical family environment;
21.Performs other duties as assigned by the Program Manager.
- A Three Year Diploma in nursing along with current registration with CRNBC;
- One year recent related experience.
- Demonstrated experience delivering residential, recreational, social, vocational, and/or life skills training;
- Excellent problem solving, decision making and creative thinking skills;
- Demonstrated skills in crisis intervention and skills in dealing with difficult behaviours;
- Excellent written and verbal communication and reporting skills in English;
- Demonstrated ability to teach skills and to work effectively with others in a team environment;
- Knowledge of theory, principles and practices in the field of community living and in the particular program area;
- Excellent time and general management skills;
- Proficient in computer use, including creation of documents, and electronic record keeping.
- A clean and current Criminal Record Check and up to date First Aid & CPR Certification;
- Knowledge of, and demonstrated ability to use, group process and facilitation techniques;
- A commitment to the values and philosophy of the Chilliwack Society for Community Living and a strong desire to function as part of the team of CSCL.
Indeed - 12 months ago