Children's Services

Children's Services Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
I really liked my time while i was doing my certificate 3
Room Assistant (Former Employee), DubboOctober 3, 2013
just being a tafe made my day I enjoy being around children and just some of the words and sentences they come out with. the imagination is just fantastic
High pressure but rewarding environment
Social Work Asst (Current Employee), DundeeMay 7, 2013
Pros: felt you were making a genuine influence in children's lives.
Cons: can be very difficult at times.
I work within a locality children services social work team, covering the east end of Dundee. This had a wide variety of clients and involvement. This ranged from low level investigations to high level child protection issues.
Compassionate and Fun
Childcare Assistant (Former Employee), Orange, AustraliaMay 7, 2013
Pros: 1 hour lunch breaks
Cons: carpark
A typicaldy at work would consist of caring for children between the ages of 6 weeks to 5 years. Preparing the children for meal times, productive play and learning.

The environment at he centre was very inviting as all co-workers gotalong well and were able to establish when someone needed help, this was also due to excellent communication.

The most – more... enjoyable part of the job was definetley getting to know all the chidrens personalities and watching them intract with other children. – less
okay
School/Outpatient Therapist (Former Employee), arkansasMarch 14, 2013
Pros: families and communities
Cons: the organiztion
job is disorganized. learned to find another job. management were very detached and not at all productive. coworkers reflected management and morale of job. hardest part of the job is the job was not effective or organized. most enjoyed working with families and the community.
Productive and fun to work there
Administration (Former Employee), Manhattan, NYJuly 27, 2012
Pros: different trips
Cons: it was contract
I learned a lot about data entry and the different platforms that computers has
Very Demanding
Child Protective Specialist (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 24, 2012
Pros: great pay and benefits.
Cons: long, unpredictable hours.
The work day at ACS was unpredictable due to families in serious crisis. I learned great time management and to use time efficiently and wisely. The management team at ACS was supportive, as was fellow co-workers. The most difficult part of the job was removing children from their families. The most enjoyable part was implementing the necessary services – more... to reinforce and redirect families. – less
One to one caring special needs of child
Casual/Special Need staff (Current Employee), Matraville, NSWDecember 15, 2011
Pros: free lunches
Cons: short breaks
As a casual staff, I work when the centre calls me for some special need children specially to support child's individual as well as peer activities in participating stimulating play and learning activities.