Permanent Full Time Maintenance Coordinator (40 hours per week)
The Children's Cottage Society of Calgary provides crisis nursery, respite, and family support programs for vulnerable children. To achieve our vision of “Safe Children in Healthy Families” we are looking for an experienced maintenance person to coordinate the Society’s building maintenance needs and complete work requests at the following locations: Bridgeland Crisis Nursery NE, Brenda’s House - a shelter for homeless families in Killarney SW, Satellite Crisis Nursery in Cranston SE, and Kensington Administration Office NW, This position works 8 hours daily Monday to Friday. Frequent travel between locations is required. Mileage is paid for the use of personal vehicle.
1. Respond to maintenance requests tickets and efficiently schedule tasks at each building. Coordinate with program managers of various sites to develop solutions specific to the site.
2. Develop and maintain a preventative maintenance schedule for all buildings and establish a routine to check Children’s Cottage sites for repair needs.
3. Works with and leads volunteers during Days of Caring and other Volunteer projects to achieve the ongoing maintenance and improvement of the yards and buildings.
4. Complete minor repairs including plumbing, changing lights, painting, minor drywall repairs, handrails, cabinets, doors etc.
5. Establishes a schedule to mow the lawns, perform light snow removal and deicing of walkways.
6. Respond to emergency repair needs with cost effective solutions by following proper escalation procedures and recommending the use of third party contractors as necessary.
7. Coordinates moving of donations and furniture as required including obtaining written quotes.
8. Oversee third party contractor for more complex repairs and maintenance including plumbing and heating, electrical, construction, snow removal, and supervise contractors to ensure work is completed on time and within agreed to budget.
9. Work with Workplace Health and Safety Committee to identify and resolve hazards and address safety concerns.
10. Recommend tools and equipment for purchase or replacement and purchase at retail or wholesale locations supplies as need. Contribute to establishing annual maintenance budgets.
Qualifications and Personal Attributes:
- Self-directed and solutions-oriented with excellent organization and time management skills
- Excellent judgement and communication skills working with a wide variety of staff, volunteers, and contractors.
- Positive attitude and comfortable working in an environment where children are present.
- Extensive knowledge of building interior and exterior operation including various tools and equipment.
- Knowledge of Building Safety Codes and Standards.
- Valid driver’s license with clean abstract and dependable vehicle suitable for performing the maintenance role.
Salary: $19.52/hour ($40,600 per year) along with a competitive benefits package, use of agency cell phone, and payment of mileage.
Application Deadline: November 8, 2013
We appreciate the interest of all applicants, however, we will only contact those invited for an interview.
Submit resume to: Children’s Cottage Society Competition # MW-002-2013
Or In Person at Suite 204 - 2120 Kensington Road NW
Fax 4032834200 ext. 232