The Children’s Cottage Society of Calgary is a charitable agency established in Calgary in 1986. The Society’s mission is to prevent harm and neglect to all children and to build strong families through support services, respite programs, and crisis nurseries.
In-Home Infant Respite Worker
Permanent Full Time
40 hours per week (1.0 FTE)
Competition Number CRP-001-2014
In-Home Infant Respite Workers provide short-term, weekday respite child care designed to assist parents of newborn infants, up to a maximum age of 6 months, who have no other available respite options. We work with families who are experiencing stress and exhaustion and who require non-medical respite assistance to better meet their own needs and the needs of their child.
We are currently recruiting for one permanent full-time In-Home Infant Respite Worker to be matched with families in northeast and northwest Calgary with possibility of other areas of the city.
- Work with families and volunteers as assigned to provide respite care
- Assess amount of respite required
- Care for infants in a positive, gentle and sensitive manner
- Implement developmentally appropriate activities
- Provide information about and demonstrate good infant care and positive parenting practices
- Help families connect with community resources as needed
- Complete paperwork as required and keep filing up-to-date
- Complete Core Respite training
- Consult with Community Respite Manager on a regular basis
- Assist with other position-related tasks as directed by the Community Respite Manager, Director of Programs and/or Executive Director.
A minimum of 2 years of infant care experience
Be responsible, dependable and have a non-judgmental attitude
Able to work independently
Second language an asset
Clear oral and written communication skills
Standard First Aid and Infant CPR (CPR Level B)
Pass a Police Security Clearance and Child Intervention Record Check
Must have a reliable vehicle
Hours: 40 hours per week
Wage: $13.99 per hour plus mileage and benefits
Closing date: Posting will remain open until suitable candidate is found