In-Home Infant Respite Workers provide short-term, weekday respite child care designed to assist parents of newborn infants, up to a maximum age of 6 months, who have no other available respite options. We work with families who are experiencing stress and exhaustion and who require non-medical respite assistance to better meet their own needs and the needs of their child.
We are currently recruiting for one permanent full-time In-Home Infant Respite Worker to be matched with families in northeast and northwest Calgary with possibility of other areas of the city.
- Work with families and volunteers as assigned to provide respite care
- Assess amount of respite required
- Care for infants in a positive, gentle and sensitive manner
- Implement developmentally appropriate activities
- Provide information about and demonstrate good infant care and positive parenting practices
- Help families connect with community resources as needed
- Complete paperwork as required and keep filing up-to-date
- Complete Core Respite training
- Consult with Community Respite Manager on a regular basis
- Assist with other position-related tasks as directed by the Community Respite Manager, Director of Programs and/or Executive Director.
A minimum of 2 years of infant care experience
Be responsible, dependable and have a non-judgmental attitude
Able to work independently
Second language an asset
Clear oral and written communication skills
Standard First Aid and Infant CPR (CPR Level B)
Pass a Police Security Clearance and Child Intervention Record Check
Must have a reliable vehicle
Hours: 32 hours per week
Wage: $13.45 per hour plus mileage
Closing date: Posting will remain open until suitable candidate is found