Children's Aid Society

Children's Aid Society Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Loved working there
Family support Access worker (Former Employee), Halifax, NSMarch 6, 2015
Pros: flexible
Loved working with the Social workers at the IWK they were amazing and compassionate . I developed good relationship's and received lots of hours from them . the work was very flexible so was a great part time job to have while working at the group homes.
Excellent place to work
Social Worker (Former Employee), Windsor, ONJanuary 24, 2015
The only difficult thing is that Windsor is a small city and I would encounter clients in my personal leisure time. I always behaved in a respectful and personal manner but I preferred to establish a buffer.
productive and fun experience
Volunteer Work (Current Employee), York, ONAugust 4, 2014
Pros: free lunches, meeting new people
Cons: there were none
I have learned how to be expressive, as well as building my communication and team woring sills when planning and assisting in events.
Structured agency with friendly and enthusiastic staff
Homework Club Tutor (Volunteer) (Current Employee), Windsor, ONFebruary 22, 2014
Pros: schedule works with my school schedule, positive work environment, helpful staff
Cons: only one shift a week
Every Wednesday night I volunteer at the Children's Aid Society. For about an hour I help the child that I tutor with her homework and write in her agenda about her progress. For the last thirty minutes, the children have a snack and then play a game either as a group or with their tutor. I have learned different teaching methods while tutoring the child, and re-directing strategies to get the child focused and on track in order to get her work done. There is always at least one manager there, supervising while I am there to help with attendance, prizes for homework completion, and for any questions we may have. My co-workers are very helpful with any questions that I may have and in working together to get the children focused. The hardest part of this job is hearing the struggles that the children have went through with their family. The most enjoyable part of the job is making the child smile or laugh, and helping them to understand their homework.
sad place to work
Legal Assistant (Former Employee), Barrie, ONFebruary 1, 2014
Pros: real eye opener
Cons: i was so unhappy, that i went and sold appliances
I thought when I went there that children;s aid was about the children, I soon discovered it's about the parents
First job in field
Child and Youth Counselor (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONSeptember 10, 2013
Pros: meeting new challenges
Cons: hours
Learning about CAS
Caring for young Adults
Getting involved in the routines of the house
Working as part of a team
Logging daily reports
Fun
Data Control Clerk (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONJanuary 17, 2013
It was an amazing opportunity and the atmosphere was good, the management team was brilliant.
Fun and enjoyable environment to volunteer in
Tutor (Current Employee), Windsor, ONJanuary 14, 2013
I volunteer every Wednesday night, and tutor the same child each week. She typically brings in any homework she needs assistance with. If she does not provide the homework I have bought a math workbook for her to do while at the session. The hardest part is trying to get her to focus on tasks she considers boring. The most enjoyable part is seeing how happy she gets when she understands something.