Children's Aid Society of Ottawa Employee Reviews

if you love to make a change this is it
Youth Advocate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON14 July 2017
dealing with planning outings and events, made sure that the youth were able to have fun in the summer also while attending meetings that would benefit the lives of the youth in future events.
Child Protection Worker - Overflow Team (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON15 March 2017
Great place to work. Excellent team members and work environment. Supportive supervisors and managers. Hardest part of the job is the nature of the job. Excellent things in place for worker well being and self care
work enviroment
Property Management Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON29 June 2015
Fun place to work with supportive management. Not all about the numbers but how you personally grow and develop. Decent amount of red tape, but this is to be expected of an organization of this size.
overall very good place of employment
UNIT ASSISTANT Adolescent Protection Team (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON16 December 2014
The Children's Aid Society provides a variety of services for children and families who are in need of extra support, care and access to special services.
As Unit Assistant in the Adolescent Protection Team a typical day included answering phones, arranging team meetings and/or family visits.
We were constantly opening and closing files which put a tremendous amount of strain on the social workers. I was there to support them in a variety of duties as needed.,
I learned about child welfare, social welfare and also how paperwork can become priority over actual care when government is funding an organization. That was the hardest part of the job, feeling like my hands were tied because of bureaucracy.
I thoroughly enjoyed my time there.The compensation and benefits are more than fair and the staff were offered the use of on site gym facility for a very minimal fee.
Pros
helping children and youth
Cons
long hours, difficult cases
amazing place of work, very rewarding... it also has a gym on site.
Unit Assistant Foster Care Training & Assessment (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON5 January 2014
people are more often happy than not. It is a very rewarding place to work. It can get pretty stressful at times but everyone always helps eachother out. everyone always makes you feel like you are a true part of the team.

I would work at CAS anyday. I loved it there