Chevron

Chevron Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Chevron
Customer Service (Former Employee), Compton, CAMay 10, 2014
I worked extremely long work days, on me feet for hours. There was no real break room.
Opportunity
Learning and Organization Development Advisor (Former Employee), Houston, TexasMay 10, 2014
Pros: cutting edge technology
Cons: advancement
A great employment opportunity that provides skill enhancement through knowledge acquisition and practice.
poor management
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Mesa, AZMay 5, 2014
Management at chevron was not very good. the management, would not care if your child was sick and you had to take them to the hospital if you called of you were fired. management was not very fair to employees nor customers.
its a job that can pay the bill to a extent
Gas Station Graveyard Shift (Current Employee), Sylmar, CAMay 5, 2014
Pros: working alone, feels like i am the store owner and all my customers respect me
Cons: healthcare, no break area
hardest part of the job at first was staying up late nights.
best part of working here is being able to work by my self with no supervisor and getting all job duties finish and ready for the next shift
Being openminded to all new customers and treating them with equal respect, when other employes and managers don't.
Working with Chevron was fun as learnt from people from different cultures.
Trainee Chemical Engineer (Former Employee), NigeriaMay 4, 2014
Every week, members of my project team ( Produced Water Disposal Project) usually undertake a hazard hunt activity. It was meant to identify possible hazards in working environment as this treat is been address by the appropriate authorities.

I learned the act of understanding the strength and weakness of fellow co-workers as i was made to understand – more... people respond differently when approached by someone or with a challenge.

The management was well organized as there was division of labour within employees. Also, a chain of authority was well observed.

My co-workers were friend and willing to help me with any problem as i was an intern with less experience.

The hardest part of the job was doing nothing.

Identifying hazards on a process flow sheet. – less
Not good
Cashier Operator/ Customer Service (Former Employee), Richmond, TXMay 3, 2014
The Owner was a great team player however he summon someone a manager and this person what with no legal documents and very threading to me, he would acknowledge the co-workers by negative and bad words.
Excellent eviroment and fully skilled management.
Credit Manager PR & USVI (Former Employee), GauaynaboApril 30, 2014
Very intense days of work. where I learned a lot on contracts and legal matters also on financial analysis.
Excellent
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee), 5502 Newark, CAApril 27, 2014
Pros: friendly environment
Cons: insecurity
I have always enjoyed my job. I have customer service skills therefore customers always like me. I have worked for the same company for several years therefore I have build relationship with the manager and co-workers.
Great Place to work, Incredible Company
Retail Program Specialist (Former Employee), Tegucigalpa, HondurasApril 17, 2014
This is a company that gives you the possibility to grow, intellectually and within the organization.
Good workplace
DCS Control Room Operator (Current Employee), Cape Town, WCApril 12, 2014
Pros: people
Cons: people
When I enter my work area, I take turnover from my colleague about what took place during the previous shift and what needs to be done on my shift.
I learnt to work with diverse people and work conditions.
Management generally tries to do there best but is not able to please all issues.
We as co-workers work well as a team, are helpful to each other.
The – more... most challenging part is when you do not have people to relieve you after your shift is finished due to short staff or sickness.
Problem solving of process upsets or start ups & shutdowns. – less
Great Place to work
Business Analyst Triangle Technology (Current Employee), Houston, TXApril 10, 2014
Great balance; strong leadership. No advancement for contractors
Great and fun place to work.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), San Bernardino, CAApril 9, 2014
Pros: hours
Cons: busy weekends
Typically easy job if done properly, but very hectic during the holiday weekends. Great place to start off your work experience.
A mess of a job
cashier (Former Employee), lake panasoffkee flApril 7, 2014
A typical day at work, being a cashier and cleaning, and making customers happy. I learned to stay on top of everything when a huge crowd of customers came in all at once. The management was fair. co workers were Good and we all worked together.. the hardest part of the job, there was no hard part to me. the most enjoyable part was constantly dealing – more... with the regular patients who came in and you know exactly what they want. – less
It's a job
Cashier (Current Employee), Dallas, GAApril 3, 2014
Pros: free fountain drinks
Cons: no advancement
You need to have good customer service skills and able to stand for extended periods of time. It's a good starting job but doesn't make for a career.
Great Company with great benifits
Finance Project Analyst (FPA), Energy Solutions (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAApril 2, 2014
I like working for Chevron. The pay, career development and education assistance are all great reasons to work for Chevron. In order to do well here, you must own your career and actively seek new opportunities.
Gas station attendent
Gas Station Attendant (Former Employee), Burlington, WAApril 1, 2014
Pros: easy flexable
Cons: no pay raise and no benitits
apon my arrival I would count down the till, then i would start the hot food for the day. then i would set up all the windshield cleaning buckets at the pumps. the rest of the day was spent attending to customers and stocking the shelves. The job wasn't hard at all, and the best part was that it was located in my home town so i knew everyone who came – more... in. – less
Productivity
Angola LNG Marketing Accountant (Former Employee), LondonApril 1, 2014
Pros: accounting field i enjoy very much
Cons: short assignment
This was a very short term role, very intensive, challenging and great experience.
CES is CVX's Greenwashed Dirty secret
project manager (Former Employee), Pasadena CAMarch 30, 2014
Pros: high compensation
Cons: poor ethics
If you work for the parent company, CVX, you can expect integrity, a good working environment and loyalty. CES, Chevron Energy Solutions is just the remnants of a company called Viron that Chevron picked up to be able to claim that they were investing in renewable technology. The reality is that CES is okay place to work, but far removed from the standards – more... of Chevon Oil. They use CVX's clout to get jobs, then sub them out to low bidders and charge margins 50-70% higher than the industry standard for a general contractor. – less
Oil and gas IT
Program Manager (Current Employee), San Ramon, CAMarch 28, 2014
Chevron is a good company and treats people fairly. It can be stressful at times, great schedule in 9/80 and great care for people in fitness breaks and ergo reviews and a safety culture
Great Work life balance, nice managers
Business Analyst (Former Employee), Concord, CAMarch 27, 2014
Great Work life balance, nice people, nice managers. Great coworkers easy to work with.

About Chevron

Chevron is one of the world's leading energy companies, with approximately 60,000 employees working in countries around the world. – Read more