Chevron

Chevron Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Grew up at Chevron
Project Team Leader (Former Employee), San Ramon, CAJune 9, 2014
Pros: good people, advancement opportunity, built character
Cons: the way chevron is structured decisions had to go up to be approve
Working at Chevron from 1977-2010. Filing, CAD Design Drafting, IT help desk analyst, IT Team Leader for help desk and desktop support. Account Manager, Project manager. back to IT team leader for Chevron Oronite. Business Solutions Consultant working with various teams to complete a large SAP rewnal.
It's ALL about Safety
Senior Communications Analyst (Current Employee), San Ramon, CAJune 8, 2014
Pros: work life balance, ergo safety, good management
Cons: lack of remote access options
I love working for Chevron. The safety culture there is the epicenter of the company. I truly feel that they care about ME. They care about my physical safety, my ergo safety, my health, my sanity and my family. Safety literally revolves around everything that we do at Chevron and I wouldn't have it any other way. Furthermore, the management cares about – more... you and career, and good work is rewarded. Chevron is absolutely a GREAT place to work. – less
Relocating
Snr Planning Engineer / Project Planner (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJune 3, 2014
Currently based in the US, however i am looking for a position where i can return to Cork / surrounding area to live with my family. For reasons outside of my control, my current position will be cancelled before my family had chance to relocate. now looking to settle in the Cork area.
Contractor
Scheduler and Planner (Former Employee), BakersfieldJune 2, 2014
Pros: 9/80 schedule
Scheduler for an electrical company working at Chevron. No complaints as everything ran smoothly when I was there. The job was easy as it only required providing information to assist company managers with information to allow them to make decisions. I was able to help implement new processes to allow company managers to evaluate how many crews were – more... going to be available for new assignments in the future. – less
Fun place to work you meet a great deal of new intresting people.
Cashier/Assitant Manager (Former Employee), Reserve, LAMay 30, 2014
A typical day at work was busy; steady and upbeat. Working at Chevron I learned alot, being my first job, it taught me patience and how to work the register and many other portals. The hardest part of my job was being able to multi task when everything was busy and chaotic but, once I learned to handle this, being busy became the best part of the day. – more... I enjoyed being under the pressure. Another part of my job that I found most enjoyable, was getting to meet all kinds of different customers from all over the country. Seeing their personalities and accents, it was definitely one of the most fun parts of the day. – less
productive
Data entry and manipulation (Former Employee), houstonMay 26, 2014
great group of people to work with and for. a lot of learning opportunities were presented.
Outstanding industry leading company which is very employee focused
Category Manager- Software Sr. Negotiator (Current Employee), San Ramon, CAMay 26, 2014
Pros: a stable, secure, industry leader providing a career opportunity which is incomparable
Cons: the potential for being moved to another office, or international location due to the company worldwide footprint.
Chevron rates 5 stars in each of the rating factors noted above. The company's culture, emphasis on a proper work/life balance, coupled with its outstanding benefits and compensation are exceptional.
Productive Environment
Contract Instrument Engineer (Former Employee), El Segundo, CAMay 25, 2014
Pros: fun and intelligent people
Cons: no cons
At chevron, I was the only instrument Engineer working on their Major Isomax TA. I had to make sure all the 75 TA WOs get scoped and engineered correctly. I had a lot interactions with Chevron Contractors and provided supervision for their work. Completed multiple TA workorders during my time with Chevron. I enjoyed working with the TA group. Chevron – more... had a productive environment which helped me grow my knowledge in the field of instrumentation. – less
Good Compensation
Business Assistant (Former Employee), The Woodlands, TXMay 22, 2014
Good Company, good compensation. Offers 9/80 work schedule.
Customer service
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Ontario, CAMay 21, 2014
Pros: discounted lunch from fast food restaurant
Cons: little advancement
A typical eight hour day would be from stocking shelves and cleaning up the store to take care of customer transactions and customer inquiries.
Productive and fun
Safety Specialist (Former Employee), Moss Point, MSMay 15, 2014
Pros: the treatment we received from the chevron corporation.
Cons: the treatment we received from the company i worked for.
A typical workday consisted of going to work and sitting around for work, most days. Management was o.k, there could've been some improvements in the professionalism department. I did not learn anything exciting while working for this company. My co-workers was a barrel of laughs on a daily basis, very great people to work with. The hardest part of – more... my job was waking up at 4:30 in the morning to get a close park to the gate. – less
Very great place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NMMay 11, 2014
I enjoyed working for this company. The training was excellent and taught me everything i needed to start employment here. They are very organized and treat their employees well.
Chevron
Customer Service (Former Employee), Compton, CAMay 10, 2014
I worked extremely long work days, on me feet for hours. There was no real break room.
Opportunity
Learning and Organization Development Advisor (Former Employee), Houston, TexasMay 10, 2014
Pros: cutting edge technology
Cons: advancement
A great employment opportunity that provides skill enhancement through knowledge acquisition and practice.
poor management
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Mesa, AZMay 5, 2014
Management at chevron was not very good. the management, would not care if your child was sick and you had to take them to the hospital if you called of you were fired. management was not very fair to employees nor customers.
its a job that can pay the bill to a extent
Gas Station Graveyard Shift (Current Employee), Sylmar, CAMay 5, 2014
Pros: working alone, feels like i am the store owner and all my customers respect me
Cons: healthcare, no break area
hardest part of the job at first was staying up late nights.
best part of working here is being able to work by my self with no supervisor and getting all job duties finish and ready for the next shift
Being openminded to all new customers and treating them with equal respect, when other employes and managers don't.
Working with Chevron was fun as learnt from people from different cultures.
Trainee Chemical Engineer (Former Employee), NigeriaMay 4, 2014
Every week, members of my project team ( Produced Water Disposal Project) usually undertake a hazard hunt activity. It was meant to identify possible hazards in working environment as this treat is been address by the appropriate authorities.

I learned the act of understanding the strength and weakness of fellow co-workers as i was made to understand – more... people respond differently when approached by someone or with a challenge.

The management was well organized as there was division of labour within employees. Also, a chain of authority was well observed.

My co-workers were friend and willing to help me with any problem as i was an intern with less experience.

The hardest part of the job was doing nothing.

Identifying hazards on a process flow sheet. – less
Not good
Cashier Operator/ Customer Service (Former Employee), Richmond, TXMay 3, 2014
The Owner was a great team player however he summon someone a manager and this person what with no legal documents and very threading to me, he would acknowledge the co-workers by negative and bad words.
Excellent eviroment and fully skilled management.
Credit Manager PR & USVI (Former Employee), GauaynaboApril 30, 2014
Very intense days of work. where I learned a lot on contracts and legal matters also on financial analysis.
Excellent
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee), 5502 Newark, CAApril 27, 2014
Pros: friendly environment
Cons: insecurity
I have always enjoyed my job. I have customer service skills therefore customers always like me. I have worked for the same company for several years therefore I have build relationship with the manager and co-workers.

About Chevron

Chevron is one of the world's leading energy companies, with approximately 60,000 employees working in countries around the world. – Read more