Chevron Employee Reviews

Application Support Role
Application Support Analyst (Contractor) (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB8 July 2015
Great place to work. Great people, environment. Co-Workers were a pleasure to work with. Take safety seriously even for desk jockies.
Pros
Great Environment
Cons
No references... :-(
great place to work
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  burns lake town pantry4 July 2015
its a great experience to meet people and interact with diverse people along with serving them and see them smile and satisfied
Fun work place
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Vancouver16 June 2015
Chevron is a good starting job also financially and great way to get experience. I really enjoyed working they're. Typical day at work is like any other work good hours also great people. Since Chevron was my first job it taught me alot of things also great experience. The management and coworkers were the best.
review
SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Delta, BC7 June 2015
its a good place to work but no more chances to grow as it is family owned business. love to interact with people on daily basis, and getting to know your customers and their needs is the most enjoyable part of the job.
Huge Organisation which pays attention to detail
store manager (Former Employee) –  Tumbler Ridge, BC25 May 2015
Provides outstanding products and services to its customers to their satisfaction levels. Employees are taken care like a family.
Sales, Retail
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC14 May 2015
Up selling and Cross selling made me aware of how to increase daily sales and achieve targets. In addition to my previous experiences this provided me admirable customer service skills.
Pros
Long Shifts
Cons
NO Advancement
very busy location
assistant manager (Current Employee) –  Port Coquitlam BC11 May 2015
I really like the location because its super busy and always gives me lots to do. the customers always find a way to brighten my day. Over the years i have gotten to know a few of them personally and make friends. The management is wonderful and always try to accomadate to our schedules.
good location
cashier (Current Employee) –  Penticton BC2 April 2015
very fast paced job and it taught me to be more on the ball with my time management and thinking skills. It helped me to learn to deal with difficult people and situations. Also taught me a lot of patience working with people. The most enjoyable parts of the job include the entering the details for the gas inventory and paperwork of it all.
Pros
mystery shop opportunities
Cons
seniority
good working there
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC29 March 2015
good working at chevron. Good pay .. Manager is really good. pay we get on time .it is busy through out the day. time goes very fast. good coworkers.
Pros
very busy time goes fast
Cons
days of not not weekend
Owner Operator (Former Employee) –  Duncan BC25 March 2015
The most enjoyable part of my job was the interaction with customers. Customer service was a big part of the day.
Ordering stock, cost control, stocking shelves, keeping the store clean and handling customer complaints was a regular part of my daily routine. Counting cash and completing bank deposits was also required on a daily basis.
Pros
Great customer service
Cons
Keeping staff
productive,
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Merritt, BC9 March 2015
hours went by so fast with how busy it was. i liked being busy.
I learned that i'm better at math now then i was in highschool and that im a very patient person when dealing with miserable customers and did my best to help everyone out. i liked my coworkers they were very nice and easy to talk to. the hardest part of the job wasnt really hard was just annoying to be in the cold freezer for long periods of time stocking and restocking
Pros
nice coworkers
Cons
short hours, small pay
Cashier
Cashier/Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC5 February 2015
typically I run a till, (gas pumps, credit/debit cards, cash) clean and straighten stock on shelves help customers in a fast and friendly manner. Enter in fuel price changes, fuel deliveries, end of day fuel tank readings. At the end of my shift I make sure product is put away ( cigarettes and cash ) the store is clean and ready for the morning shift set the alarm and close the store. Most of my co workers are great people, absolutely fun to work with.

The hardest part of the job is the system ( tills) they use are not efficient they crash often and have to be rebooted, this is frustrating not only for myself but for the customers, because I have to shut everything down and reboot, which takes anywhere from 15 minutes to 30 minutes.
Pros
close to home and free coffee :)
Cons
it is not something I want to do forever. I want a forever job.
Great Boss , Bad Company
Assistant Manger (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC13 January 2015
It was a great work environment at the location I worked at , We were a family . I advanced fast with my employer , got lots of responsibilities and trust from her. Unfortunately Chevron had alot of changes and we were all laid off . Hardest part of the job was the drunk customers . Always had regular customers it felt like a place of home in the location I worked at .
Good Job
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC6 December 2014
The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to take home bread garden orders that would expire the next day! I learned knowledge on BCLC lottery tickets. Good experience with co-workers and some of the management team.
Pros
4 days on 4 days off
Home comforts , good food, good accomodation
OFFSHORE MECHANICAL/PRODUCTION TECHNICAN (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen, SCT25 September 2014
Hardest part of the job was starting the 2 week offshore, leaving my family.. Typical day offshore was the 12 hour shift and the callengers this thrown up. Being a team member working to maintain saftey standards. Most enjoyable part of the job getting on the helicopter after 2 weeks offshore
Pros
Being able to work 4 weeks in 2 weeks, Thus giving 2 weeks at home
Cons
Long hours and time away from family
was nice to work here
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC3 July 2014
Was nice working for the company the three months i was there. dont know if they let me go because holidays were over.. or something else. oh well
Pros
awesome helpful staff
Cons
long 10 hr graveyards..
Early Age Advancement.
Assistant Manager and Cashier (Former Employee) –  New Westminster, BC12 May 2014
Started at a very early age but advanced to assistant manager just before starting University.

amazing environment to work.

different type of co-workers every few months.

High employee turnover

Trained a lot of different cultured people.

Gained a lot of knowledge and experience at a very early age that helped me a lot.
Good Learning experience
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC13 April 2014
A great first job for anyone teaches them valuable lessons so they can avoid them in the future, and come out a better person
Pros
discounts are ok
Cons
Management need improvment
ok place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC30 March 2014
not a bad place to work, deal with a lot of rude people it seems, although that's every customer service job i guess.
Productive & fun workplace always a opportunity to learn more & more
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC21 March 2014
Productive & fun workplace always a opportunity to learn more & more

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chevron. Our community is ready to answer.