Chevron

Chevron Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Petro Vietnam Engineering
Project Engineering Manager PetroVietnam (Former Employee), Ho Chi Meng City, VietnamNovember 4, 2014
Pros: excellent office, good staffing, high pay, living conditions.
Cons: none.
I was in Project Engineering manager in charge of PetroVietnam Engineering for the detailed design of a Offshore and Onshore 30 inch pipeline project. The facilities include pressure reduction station, and Icing water bath heaters, and custody transfer metering for the various delivery points. the pipeline was concrete coated the entire length.

The – more... detailed design team peaked at over 130 mean during the one year design phase – less
Chevron was a really good place to work!
Assistant manager (Former Employee), Clearfield, UTNovember 3, 2014
Pros: getting to know people & creating a family style work place
Cons: just the pumps. i wish he would have gotten newer pumps.
I got trained to do everything, from cooking to training.
Management was ok. i feel they could have handled some things a bit differently. My co-workers were pretty awesome. I tend to get along with everyone. The hardest part of the job, was dealing with broken pumps all the time.
My customers will always be the best part of all my jobs.
Don't work at chevron, the management is terrible.
Cashier / Customer service (Former Employee), BuckeyeNovember 3, 2014
Pros: the employees who have been there for 6 months or more look out for each other, especially since the supervisor, and his favorite manager are trying to find any reason to fire them.
Cons: i'm sure, i made a clear con statement in my review.
The management there is ridiculously revolting. They are racist towards their employees which is absurd and unfair. If you're not white or Arabic for that matter, don't plan on working there because they will treat you poorly based on your race, ethnicity and education status.
Fun place to work . You have to work really hard
Cashier (Former Employee), Selma, ALNovember 2, 2014
Pros: friendly enviroment
Cons: no breaks hard labor
I enjoyed working with the customers. I enjoyed seeing the smile on their faces they really loved th pizza.
Anything would help to get my bills paid.
Cashier (Former Employee), Uniontown, ALOctober 30, 2014
Pros: nunthing
Cons: everything
It was an okay job. Coworkers were very rude. Just came to do my job n left when it was time for me to clock out.
privatly owned, small truck stop, close family atmosphier.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Saint George, UTOctober 27, 2014
Pros: free fountain drinks, great boss and fellow employees.
Cons: it was hard to get anyone to cover a gravyard shift.
the routine was great, average shift times, lots of cleaning.
Good company
IT infrastructure Consultant (Current Employee), Houston, TXOctober 27, 2014
Pros: good people and new technology all the time.
Cons: not able to advance if your a contractor
Terrible
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Gilroy, CAOctober 27, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: low hours
Management is rude and disrespectful towards its employees. Every employee is God fearful to speak up due to the fact that they can lose their only job.
Excellent place to work
CONTRACTOR (Current Employee), Smithfield, PAOctober 26, 2014
Pros: excellent working environment
Cons: too much downsizing
Absolutely loved working at Chevron. Excellent working environment. People are great!!
Productive job
(7) Sales & Customer Service (Former Employee), Cleveland, ALOctober 24, 2014
Pros: enjoyed meeting people
Cons: one bad co-worker
Enjoyed working with people and money. Closed the store at night. Great people to work for and most co-worker were nice and did there part.
a great place to work for very fast paced
Cashier Sales Associate (Former Employee), Newberg, OROctober 23, 2014
helped customers get what they wanted cooked food to be put out made coffee and stocked suppies around the store, worked the lottery, stocked shelves did weekely ordering, and inventory, some bank deposits and got cash for the safe, helped the other employees if they needed help pumping gas or help getting the cars prepped for washing, ran credit cards – more... signed customers up for new credit cards. management was okay great co-workers to work with we all got along very well. the hardest part of the job was when you had to do double shift I loved the environment of the customers and how you get to know them on a very friendly way. – less
Nice Place to Work
G&G Data Management & Application Consultant (Current Employee), Houston, TXOctober 23, 2014
Pros: work balance
Cons: nothing
Excellent place to work. success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way—by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth.
As a company and as individuals, we take great pride in contributing to the communities where we live and – more... work.
They also care about the environment and are proud of the many ways in which our employees work to safeguard it. – less
Intern - Earth Science Division, Geophysics R&D (Former Employee), Houston, TXOctober 20, 2014
Excellent mentor. Interesting and challenging project. Really care about employee health and happiness.
Productive and Fun Work Environment
Store Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Union City, GAOctober 19, 2014
I started my day off by doing inventory and stock. During the day I greeted and assisted customers as well as monitored the work zone for safety and hazardous materials. I learned to always be aware of my surrounding and safety first. My manager was very fun to work with he taught me almost everything their is to know about managing a store and I say – more... almost because learning never ends. My co-workers were very helpful and knew the meaning of team work. The hardest part of the job was not being able to excel due to new management but I'm luck I was able to enjoy being manager of a store to kind of get a feel of what its like to manage and carry the responsibility of a business. – less
A great team of professionals
Senior Advisor Special Projects (Current Employee), ArbīlOctober 17, 2014
The Overseas team of people came from various countries and culture. They were the well chosen for their tasks and contributed well to the organizing and sometimes tough issues that had to be dealt with on a daily basis from logistics, political, environmental, regulatory or drilling .
What I did learn was in working in foreign countries not every one – more... has the same outlook or understanding as we do in regards to how to protect the environment and how important that may be
The hardest part of the job for myself was for the most part the language barrier and not being able to understand everyone when you wanted to when out in field visits.
At the present time it would be concerns of the people or families I had worked with or even do not know and impact of the current country situation.
What I enjoyed the most was the good communication the groups had and would frequently organize suppers to just chat and get to know each other.
Also field visits to various areas to see the country and meet locals to understand their culture .
Myself and coworkers were treated with outpost respect and invited to many dinners at land owners properties and in large hotels. – less
Worked 20 years with Chevron performing numberous job functions and departments
Information Systems Analyst - last position held (Former Employee), El Paso, TXOctober 17, 2014
Pros: great learning experience
Cons: i cannot think of any cons
I had the opportunity to work in numerous positions which gave me a challenge and held my interest in learning new jobs. I enjoyed all the position I worked in. The last position I held with Chevron was Information Systems Analyst for Passport.

The Chevron, El Paso location was sold to Western Refining and I continued my job duties as System Administrator – more... for Passport. I was on a cross-functional team that analyzed the a new Computerized Maintenance Management System and we voted for Avantis. I implemented Avantis in 4 locations.

I worked 10 years with Western Refining and retired October 4, 2014. – less
Steady
Cashier/Customer Service/ Shift Leader (Former Employee), Livingston, ALOctober 16, 2014
Rush hour would be the fun part of the day. Good management. Easy Co-workers.
Administrative Support (Current Employee), Houston, TXOctober 14, 2014
Pros: competive salary, perks
Cons: constant objective changes.
A typical work day included direct interactions with team members and unit manager in order to stay abreast of the days assignments. What I learned at Chevron is that team work in conjunction with dynamic leadership accomplishes company goals. The most enjoyable part of the job are the perks outside of just your paycheck. Gift cards are given out regularly – more... for going above and beyond normal work and managers appreciate that. – less
being management
Cashier/Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Ripley, MSOctober 14, 2014
Pros: assistant managers got set hours and good pay
Cons: having to terminate an employee
My job was hard but enjoyable. Sometimes I had to get rough with an employee that was slacking in their job but most of the time things went smooth. Being an assistant manager has a lot of responsibility and work. The hardest part of the job was firing someone. The most enjoyable part of this job was seeing a company run smooth and knowing that I was – more... a part of that process. – less
Exciting Industry
Human Resources (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAOctober 12, 2014
Strong safety culture.
People are nice.
Typical day varies with changing priorities and projects.
Large company. Each location's culture varies.

About Chevron

Chevron is one of the world's leading energy companies, with approximately 60,000 employees working in countries around the world. – Read more