Chevron Employee Reviews

Application Support Role
Application Support Analyst (Contractor) (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB8 July 2015
Great place to work. Great people, environment. Co-Workers were a pleasure to work with. Take safety seriously even for desk jockies.
Pros
Great Environment
Cons
No references... :-(
Fun work place
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Vancouver16 June 2015
Chevron is a good starting job also financially and great way to get experience. I really enjoyed working they're. Typical day at work is like any other work good hours also great people. Since Chevron was my first job it taught me alot of things also great experience. The management and coworkers were the best.
Huge Organisation which pays attention to detail
store manager (Former Employee) –  Tumbler Ridge, BC25 May 2015
Provides outstanding products and services to its customers to their satisfaction levels. Employees are taken care like a family.
Sales, Retail
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC14 May 2015
Up selling and Cross selling made me aware of how to increase daily sales and achieve targets. In addition to my previous experiences this provided me admirable customer service skills.
Pros
Long Shifts
Cons
NO Advancement
good location
cashier (Current Employee) –  Penticton BC2 April 2015
very fast paced job and it taught me to be more on the ball with my time management and thinking skills. It helped me to learn to deal with difficult people and situations. Also taught me a lot of patience working with people. The most enjoyable parts of the job include the entering the details for the gas inventory and paperwork of it all.
Pros
mystery shop opportunities
Cons
seniority
productive,
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Merritt, BC9 March 2015
hours went by so fast with how busy it was. i liked being busy.
I learned that i'm better at math now then i was in highschool and that im a very patient person when dealing with miserable customers and did my best to help everyone out. i liked my coworkers they were very nice and easy to talk to. the hardest part of the job wasnt really hard was just annoying to be in the cold freezer for long periods of time stocking and restocking
Pros
nice coworkers
Cons
short hours, small pay
Cashier
Cashier/Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC5 February 2015
typically I run a till, (gas pumps, credit/debit cards, cash) clean and straighten stock on shelves help customers in a fast and friendly manner. Enter in fuel price changes, fuel deliveries, end of day fuel tank readings. At the end of my shift I make sure product is put away ( cigarettes and cash ) the store is clean and ready for the morning shift set the alarm and close the store. Most of my co workers are great people, absolutely fun to work with.

The hardest part of the job is the system ( tills) they use are not efficient they crash often and have to be rebooted, this is frustrating not only for myself but for the customers, because I have to shut everything down and reboot, which takes anywhere from 15 minutes to 30 minutes.
Pros
close to home and free coffee :)
Cons
it is not something I want to do forever. I want a forever job.
Great Boss , Bad Company
Assistant Manger (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC13 January 2015
It was a great work environment at the location I worked at , We were a family . I advanced fast with my employer , got lots of responsibilities and trust from her. Unfortunately Chevron had alot of changes and we were all laid off . Hardest part of the job was the drunk customers . Always had regular customers it felt like a place of home in the location I worked at .
Good Job
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC6 December 2014
The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to take home bread garden orders that would expire the next day! I learned knowledge on BCLC lottery tickets. Good experience with co-workers and some of the management team.
Pros
4 days on 4 days off
Home comforts , good food, good accomodation
OFFSHORE MECHANICAL/PRODUCTION TECHNICAN (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen, SCT25 September 2014
Hardest part of the job was starting the 2 week offshore, leaving my family.. Typical day offshore was the 12 hour shift and the callengers this thrown up. Being a team member working to maintain saftey standards. Most enjoyable part of the job getting on the helicopter after 2 weeks offshore
Pros
Being able to work 4 weeks in 2 weeks, Thus giving 2 weeks at home
Cons
Long hours and time away from family

Want to know more about Chevron?

Ask a question
was nice to work here
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC3 July 2014
Was nice working for the company the three months i was there. dont know if they let me go because holidays were over.. or something else. oh well
Pros
awesome helpful staff
Cons
long 10 hr graveyards..
Good Learning experience
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC13 April 2014
A great first job for anyone teaches them valuable lessons so they can avoid them in the future, and come out a better person
Pros
discounts are ok
Cons
Management need improvment
ok place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC30 March 2014
not a bad place to work, deal with a lot of rude people it seems, although that's every customer service job i guess.
good learning environment
System Administrator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB21 January 2014
learnt lots, given challenges was great place to work provide work to life balance, training opps, etc.
I loved working at Chevron
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford6 December 2013
I understood my job well, loved my boss and the people I worked with and would go back to work if there was a place for me.
easygoing place to be
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC28 November 2013
I was only at Chevron for a couple weeks for a school placement work experience to help me find a job and to see what its like in the real world.
Pros
Co-workers were very nice
excellent caring boss
Night station attendant and cashier (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC16 September 2013
With the exception of the dangers of working around a neighborhood with lots of drug addicts and getting held up it's a very good place to work for.
Pros
good coworkers
Cons
getting held up at gun point
Lots to learn workplace
All Around Gas Station Attendant (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC6 August 2013
Get to meet new people everyday is exciting. I learned plenty from workplace like cash handling, full service, and maintenance. Co-workers are a good team-players. Hardest part of the job is when I have to do full service during mid winter time. Typically point directions for people.
Pros
Light duties
Cons
Construction
Great workplace that supports a blanace of school and work
Cashier (Current Employee) –  langley, bc30 July 2013
I have a great manager and boss, the company is well run and the employees are all heard working and strong team players. We have become a great family at chevron. They have all supported me when i needed it and adjusted their schedules to work with mine.
Pros
flexibility, reliability
Cons
low pay
Active job with constant customer interaction
Gas Station Attendant (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BC24 May 2013
A day at work would consist of mostly helping customers with dispensing of fuel and in-store purchases. Helping customers with air-pressure checks, oil checks and filling and giving information about current promotions.

I learned that working with customers can be challenging but also rewarding at the same time. Knowing that I was able to help and provide a free service while having the customer leave with a smile.

Management plays a major role in making schedules and adjusting, providing useful safety tips and helping answer customers questions when needed.
Pros
Free coffee, Constant physical activity
Cons
Minimum wage, Can be stressful at times

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chevron. Our community is ready to answer.