Chevron

Chevron Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fast Paced Environment
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee), Ontario, ORDecember 16, 2014
While each day is pretty much the same as the previous day, I enjoy the fast paced environment. Depending on the time of year and the weather, it can be a nice place to work. There is always something to do. I enjoy working with my co-workers, and have developed friendships with many of them.
Fantastic Place to Work
DS & C MBA GRADUATE DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM (Current Employee), Houston, TXDecember 16, 2014
Great company with strong focus on personal and career development. Excellent support functions within organization. Overall culture is friendly and supportive -- you are surrounded by intelligent, kind, and interesting people all day.
NICE COMPANY
Sr.Senior System Engineer (Current Employee), Bakersfield, CADecember 16, 2014
More opportunities , good work culture , best company to learn less pay or else nice company to work with
great coworkers
Cashier (Current Employee), Layton, UTDecember 15, 2014
This employment has been a change in positions I've held before. It has been great interacting with the regular customers and my coworkers. I feel that the pay rate is quite low however due to the high turnover in this field its understandable.
fun work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Richmond, TXDecember 10, 2014
Pros: double pay on weekends and holidays
Cons: we take brakes as its convinient
A typical day starts off with catching up with handling the sales register.
We work with management less except when necessary
I worked with friendly co-workers
Work is mostly fun
Good place
HES Field Representative (Current Employee), Smithfield, PADecember 8, 2014
Good Company to work for if you have a solid educational background if not forget it. Layoff are controlled by oil and gas prices. Raises and bonuses are above average but growth is limited if you do not want to relocate
Productive workplace
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Monroe, LADecember 5, 2014
Pros: free pizza!(sometimes)
Great co-workers, fun and clean workplace, have great communication skills, and the ability to complete task in a timely manner.
Contractors dont waste your time
Administrator (Former Employee), Houston, TxDecember 5, 2014
Pros: learning experience
Cons: all smoke and mirrors
I was at Chevron for 4 years as a contractor was promised a job even used my credentials for the job posting. I didn't understand why I had to apply even though I was already in the position and knew the job inside and out. I interviewed and just knew I had the job. Was told by a co-worker that as a contractor should I not get the job I would be out of a job. I couldn't imagine a company taking a job from a contractor that was there for so long as well as was promised the job. However that's what happened it took almost 2 months before I got the news that Chevron went with someone else. I was devastated for 4 years I was there and yet they gave my position to an outside person. Its an unspoken rule there at Chevron contractors don't like to pursue going permanent because they may loose their job. I've never been with a "prestigious company" that do people like that. If you are applying as a contractor before warn you may loose your job should you want to become an employee. Oh and the Chevron culture is a load of crock the culture only applies to the employees who they make it known they are only looking out for.
productive
Sale and Management Consultant (Current Employee), Houston, TXDecember 5, 2014
Pros: lunch break
Cons: extending hours of work
daily customer dealing and sales prespectives.interaction with new tasks and working in a growing environment teaches good team work.
Great company with robust business growth
Sr. Credit Analyst (Former Employee), Houston, TXDecember 3, 2014
Chevron is a good workplace with a nice culture and clear responsibilities. Great teamwork - you get supports when you need.
Convenience store, difficult to do well despite hard work.
Cashier (Former Employee), Ocean Springs, MSDecember 2, 2014
Pros: good working hours.
Cons: upper management tends to exaggerate when commenting about employees.
During each shift, we start out by doing an inventory of cigarettes, counting the till to make sure it matches reports and a quick inspection of the store. On an average day, I process an average of 200 customers per shift. Throughout the shift, I perform tasks that need to be completed before end of shift so that the next shift does not have to do more than their share of chores.

An employee at this store can learn how to deal effectively with customers, especially when it comes to checking IDs when customer buy beer or tobacco products. If an employee is attentive to his/her job, he should be able to end the shift with a very small variance. This means, counting money more than one time for each transaction.

Management at the company does need work overall. When an upper manager comes into the store, they tend to exaggerate when speaking about the condition of the store. Some parts of management tend to feel that fear is a good motivation tool, when it is proven that it reduces moral and effective employee performance.

Co-workers can be difficult at times to work with. Some employees who know me well know my work habits and are willing to work with me. Others tend to step out of bounds at times to make themselves look good. This often makes the job more difficult than it needs to be. At times, this makes going home the most enjoyable part of the job.
• Over 7 years of Experience in Data Warehousing and Business Intelligence applications design, development and Maintenance of Integration Services (S
Sr SSIS Developer (Current Employee), Dallas,TXNovember 18, 2014
• Experience in data analysis, design, development and implementation of database for business applications in a client/server and data warehouse environments in SQL 2000/2005/2008/2012.
• Involved across all stages of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
• Proficient in writing complex T-SQL (DDL, DML) quires.
• Experience in Data Extraction, Transforming and Loading (ETL) between Homogenous and Heterogeneous System using SQL tools (SSIS, DTS, Bulk Insert, and BCP).
• Experience in enhancing and deploying the SSIS Packages from development server to production server, creating SSIS packages.
Fun and nice place
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Long Beach, CANovember 15, 2014
Pros: great boss
Cons: no discount
I offer good customer service to my customer and my co work. Number one thing is always communicate with one other.
Enjoyable type of work
Piping Designer AutoCAD (Former Employee), Central West Africa, AngolaNovember 15, 2014
Producing list of project deliverables for the installation of offshore and onshore projects.
3D modelling.
Pipe specification writing, and AutoCAD/CADworx office support.
12 hr work periods. Fly in Fly out. 28 days on and 28 days off.
Working remotely in Central West Africa (Angola).
Lived in a Camp which was rather comfortable.
Travelled every 2nd month to New Zealand.
Although enjoyed the type of work very much, travelling was too gruelling.
IT Intern
IT Professional, Intern (Former Employee), Houston, TXNovember 14, 2014
Pros: work-life balance, compensation, benefits
Cons: culture, management
The work was challenging, but rewarding. My supervisor was not as into the intern program as other employees were. The culture in the IT area is very independent which leads to a very quiet and dull culture there. The work life balance is great and they encourage you to work hard and then leave the work at the office. The most enjoyable part of the job was the people I was able to interact with.
long cold nights
Pump Attendant (Former Employee), Eugene, ORNovember 13, 2014
Pros: way to much free time at night
Cons: way to much free time at night
come in and start filling cars then start cleaning while waiting for customers trying to fill time while waiting for cars to come
nights can be long and dull
manager or co worker comes in the morning to relive you
staying awake all night
plenty of free time
Cashier
Cashier/Attendant (Former Employee), Irvine, CANovember 10, 2014
Customer service Handle cash Closing out drawer Stock inventory Clean and maintain store Monitored deliveries Top off fluid in customer vehicles
Professional motivating work enviornment
Field Specialist A (Current Employee), Odessa TXNovember 10, 2014
Learned way more about the O&G industry. They provided alot of training and education during employment
Great Place to work
Technical Admin/Admin Asst (Former Employee), San Ramon, CANovember 6, 2014
Pros: on campus cafeteria
Cons: temp work
I learned so many new things about IT as well as about myself. The most enjoyable part of the job was the job culture.
Good environment
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Sterlington, LANovember 6, 2014
Pros: meeting and interacting with customers
Cons: no vacation or benefits
Working at chevron helped me learn about the public as a whole, also it helped me learn financial responsibilities. I had to do cash drops, safe loans, and deal with money everyday. When I first started the job the co-workers were extremely helpful, I was well-trained. The hardest part about the job was when a customer wanted lottery tickets, only because if you messed them up you had to pay for them out of your paycheck. However, the most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with the customers. Greeting the customers as they walked in the door always made them smile and they seemed to always leave happy.

About Chevron

Chevron is one of the world's leading energy companies, with approximately 60,000 employees working in countries around the world. – Read more