Chevron Employee Reviews

productive and fun
Manager (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC5 May 2016
Chevron offers a truly global and collaborative work experience. You'll team up with some of the best and brightest people in locations around the world using leading edge technology to create energy solutions. And you'll discover a world of extraordinary opportunity, challenge and fulfillment where you can pursue goals, develop new skills, change career paths, and explore new horizons.
Pros
free gas
Cons
work 7 days
Fun place , room for advancement,
Customer Service / Cashier / Gas Attendant (Former Employee) –  Port Coquitlam, BC4 May 2016
Need to work diligently,but be aware of possible customers at all times . In the 15 years that I worked in Port Coquitlam, 11 years for the Chevron station at Shaughessy and Wilson . 4 years at the Shell station at Lougheed Hwy. and Pipeline is because I had good & fare employers, I would've stayed longer working for them if they hadn't retired . During my time at Chevron I got "employee of the month" 13 times and during the time with Shell, I received it 7 times . While I worked for both of them I got a total of 11 perfect scores on "mystery shoppers" program . The hardest part of the job for me to learn was customer service, the most enjoyable part of the job eventually was customer service . Because once you get comfortable with all the different aspects of the service industry, the job becomes easy( at least it did for me). The most enjoyable part of the job is when you start receiving employee of the month & perfect scores from the "mystery shopper program".
Pros
If you work diligently, you can reap the rewards .
Cons
You start at minimum wage .
Great Company - tough oil environment
HES Specialist (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB23 April 2016
Chevron is a wonderful company but unfortunately like others in the Energy market faces some tough climate in the near future.
Employment
System Analyst and Wam (Former Employee) –  Canada22 April 2016
I need this Job please.To continue to give my contribution to your company because it builds on noted much in desenvolvimeto and customer satisfaction. That way I like new challenges.
Pros
10h00
easy to work.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC14 April 2016
i did graveyard at gas station with lot of people and i know how to do customer service and has good communication skills.
Pros
free coffee
Cons
minimum wage after working long time
Looking for New Career Opportunities
Special Projects Drilling Engineer (Current Employee) –  West Africa9 March 2016
Chevron operates responsibly, generally treats their employee fairly, but is slow on making decisions and it's Managerial Capability leaves a lot to be desired.
The perfect fit to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC22 February 2016
Work place is people oriented, selfmotivated, dependable, able to work effectively and safely in a fast-paced environment while maintaining 100% total customer focus.
Good Company
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC21 February 2016
Its good working as a Cashier in Gas Station. Management is good but Growth is slow as u can only become supervisor. and flexible timings.
Pros
Cons
Growth
productive
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC1 January 2016
I really enjoyed working there. because I like customer care and interacting with people and solve there problems. management was really cooperative. I am a team worker and I enjoy working with co-workers.
Productive for Individual growth
Cashier and Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC30 December 2015
Managing the whole work with the co workers is the important thing.
Shifts Balance.
I enjoy serving the customers so that i can make them happy.
Pros
50% off on meals
Cons
No Cons
No Growth
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC18 December 2015
I learned that working for this company it only a job not a career and will not help me get up in the corporate latter and becoming financially stable .I believe that management at this company is impossible not working with object.
Getting to interact with great customers
Cashier, customer service (Former Employee) –  Smithers, BC23 November 2015
Interesting place to work. Got along well with most of the staff but not all. Working with only a few staff there weren't a lot of flexibility about hours. The great customers made up for any other downfalls.
Pros
Great Customers
Cons
Lack of good comunication between manager and staff
Great boss and customers
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Duncan, BC15 November 2015
Awesome boss! Very busy location with great customers and co-workers. Too bad the owner is no longer there, him and his wife were great to work for. Was moving and had to leave.
Pros
Great boss and customers
Great pay, weak management
IT (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB3 November 2015
Worked many years at Chevron, unfortunately it went from the best place that I ever had the privilege of working to one of the worst. Weak, micromanaging and uncommunicative supervisors have taken hold and brought the company down. It's really too bad.
Pros
Pay, benefits
Cons
Lots of hours, management
customer serivce
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Maple Ridge, BC9 October 2015
enjoyed the hours that I worked early mornings and still had the rest of the day to enjoy. learn how to deal with customers and doing payments In a hurry. I also enjoyed working with other staff members.
Pros
good hours
its ok
customer service (Former Employee) –  maple ridge27 September 2015
pay not good only was a part time job until i moved to calgary was a well ran place to work just isn't a great career choice for anyone
The best Survival job
Manager (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC10 September 2015
Gas station is one of the best places for the new immigrants for their survival in Canada. I enjoyed working here with my really nice retailar and cooperative co-workers. It helped me to understand the Canadian culture by dealing with different types of customers.
fun and friendly work environment
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Victoria,BC7 August 2015
its the best starter job
lots of rich experience
i would say i dealt with all types of customers in all types of situations
the environment is very friendly and co-operative,hence there is no 'micro-management'.
Pros
friendly management, awesome co-workers, sense of responsiblity
Cons
no mid-shift breaks, standing for 8 hours, working alone can get boring
Busy fastpaced workplace with a fun environment
Cashier- Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Delta, BC22 July 2015
Worked as a Customer Service Representative/ Cashier Position. Was in charge of daily cash handling, stocking shelves, inventory check, daily cash balances and receipts, lotto sales, Computer Work with Microsoft Office, Opening and Closing the store. Overall this job was a great experience and had a very friendly, outgoing work environment that provided great family-like customer service to each customer even during busy work hours.
Petroleum Engineering Co-op Student (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL20 July 2015
Role:

• Supported the Subsurface team with current base business petroleum engineering activities and initiatives, for both Hibernia and Hebron fields.
• Developed Prosper models for the Hibernia Gas Lift Project to reflect current scope and generated a technical forecast for the Gas Lift MCP Lookback. This also included producing a range of lift curve scenarios for all wells that will be retrofitted to include gas lift valves.
• Created a Slot Management and Production Forecasting Tool (based in VBA) for the AC Subsurface team, to centralize and streamline the business plan forecasting and reporting activities for the Hibernia field.
• Responsible for producing the Atlantic Canada Weekly Report each week.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chevron. Our community is ready to answer.