Chevron Employee Reviews

Chevron
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC25 February 2013
A typical day at chevron is all about the customers. Ringing in all sales at the cash register, giving directions, full service gas station, maintaining cleanliness of store, keeping coffee pots full, stocking selves, keeping track of inventory and balancing the till at end of shift
Located on Hastings just off Clarke makes always for an interesting shift. Many drug addicts and criminals in this area that the staff have to tolerate, making sure that no thefts happen during our shifts. Quite a few armed robberies have also gone on during my time there so interaction with police does happen. The roll over rate at this location was also high so I was constantly training new employees. I was mainly stationed at this location but worked at both from time to time, there are two Chevrons a few blocks apart with the same owner. I'd also work many overtime hour each week for those who didn't show up to work, lots of double shifts.
Pros
very fun work environment, flexible hrs, overtime.
Cons
dangerous neighborhood, high roll over
Productive and fun place to work
Gas Station Attendant/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Hope, BC8 February 2013
Handle cash transtactions night shift clean bathrooms, wash windows and take out garbage
Pros
meeting new people, friendly co-workers
Cons
customers werent always friendly
work
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BC8 November 2012
It's a good place to work but there are no benefits.
when it's busy there's no other cashier to help.
I learned a lot and it's a nice experience.
Pros
discounts on sandwiches
Cons
no benefits
This was the best job I ever had in my field.
Area Land Administrator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, Alberta30 October 2012
I learned so much at this company. I had a fantastic boss who encouraged me so much he basically groomed my career. I worked with a fabulous group of people that to this day I am still friends with. It was a sad day when our department was dissolved due the sale of the assets we managed.

I LOVED GOING TO WORK.
Well run business
Manager of 2 stations (Former Employee) –  North Vancouver, Canada28 September 2012
I work for Kisa Ent. (Chevron) for 4 years and in which time I was a full time, full service and store attendant and moved into a management role for the last two years at the job. In my time there I prepared work schedules for up to 25 people, monitored sales levels, re-oreder product when needed, and worked closely with upper management to insure a well run and positive workplace. I enjoyed this job very much. Having the chance to work with people that were motivated and hard workers made my position a very enjoyable one. The only reason I left this job was due to a lack of benefits and low pay.
Pros
great staff, great managment, plenty of diversity
Cons
poor wages and benifits
One of the best overall job I have ever had
Gas Station Attendant (Former Employee) –  abbotsford bc7 August 2012
This position had great benifits, such as birthdays, christmas parties.
alsothe people in managment were fair kind,and very hands on.
Wage was good for the amount of work shared by the staff and the
customers were moslty always enjoyable. I did learn alot about
fire managment and and team effort ,while working with my co-workers who were pretty easy to get along with and came to work to do there work, which I appreciate. The hardest part of my job would have to have been when we were having a few schedual issues and
I had to work such wierd shifts.
Pros
non stop coffee
Cons
a huge window right by the register, which acted as a magnifying glass for the sun
Great place to work if you like retail
Retailer (Current Employee) –  Fraser Lake, BC3 June 2012
The company has been good to me. I get out of the job what I want to. I decide if I want to work at the store and how many hours I want to work. I work about 50 hours a week. I have learned how to manage my time well. I have twelve employees and they all bring something different to the team but together we make a great team. The hardest part of the job is staffing. The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing we do a great job! My site is the 5th highest in, instore sales, throughout Canada. We are second to nun with our BC Lottery sales. Our site has been recognized as one of the top stores in Canada. Last year I was one of the Top preformer in canada.
Pros
i could work the hours i wanted to.
Cons
i had to deal with staffing issues.
it was alright
cashier (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC8 May 2012
my typical day at this job was not what i expected, they made me hand wash the pumps and car wash when no one else would do it even though it was and mandatory to make sure everything was clean and look great. what i'v learn for working there is that the coworker can do whatever they want since they have work there the longest and complained about how there stuck here while they have a life. the management skill there poor when he was there he/she was there they would favor some coworkers. there was no hardest part of the job cause they really don't care what you do or when it gets done. the most enjoyable part of this job was the customers seeing there smile faces and helping them when they asked for.
Pros
free coffee and slurpee
Cons
no free lunches, no lunch breaks
Avis de Michel Paillé
Technicien au contrôle de la qualité (Former Employee) –  Longueuil, QC20 November 2012
Compagnie valorisante avec encadrement et soutien supérieur à la moyenne. Valorisation des employé et de leur participation à l'amélioration continue de leur travail.
Pros
compagnie généreuse et soucieuse du bien ètre des employés.
Cons
vente des usines de travails canadiennes et pertes des emplois.