Chevron

Chevron Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
A great team of professionals
Senior Advisor Special Projects (Current Employee), ArbīlOctober 17, 2014
The Overseas team of people came from various countries and culture. They were the well chosen for their tasks and contributed well to the organizing and sometimes tough issues that had to be dealt with on a daily basis from logistics, political, environmental, regulatory or drilling .
What I did learn was in working in foreign countries not every one – more... has the same outlook or understanding as we do in regards to how to protect the environment and how important that may be
The hardest part of the job for myself was for the most part the language barrier and not being able to understand everyone when you wanted to when out in field visits.
At the present time it would be concerns of the people or families I had worked with or even do not know and impact of the current country situation.
What I enjoyed the most was the good communication the groups had and would frequently organize suppers to just chat and get to know each other.
Also field visits to various areas to see the country and meet locals to understand their culture .
Myself and coworkers were treated with outpost respect and invited to many dinners at land owners properties and in large hotels. – less
Worked 20 years with Chevron performing numberous job functions and departments
Information Systems Analyst - last position held (Former Employee), El Paso, TXOctober 17, 2014
Pros: great learning experience
Cons: i cannot think of any cons
I had the opportunity to work in numerous positions which gave me a challenge and held my interest in learning new jobs. I enjoyed all the position I worked in. The last position I held with Chevron was Information Systems Analyst for Passport.

The Chevron, El Paso location was sold to Western Refining and I continued my job duties as System Administrator – more... for Passport. I was on a cross-functional team that analyzed the a new Computerized Maintenance Management System and we voted for Avantis. I implemented Avantis in 4 locations.

I worked 10 years with Western Refining and retired October 4, 2014. – less
Steady
Cashier/Customer Service/ Shift Leader (Former Employee), Livingston, ALOctober 16, 2014
Rush hour would be the fun part of the day. Good management. Easy Co-workers.
Administrative Support (Current Employee), Houston, TXOctober 14, 2014
Pros: competive salary, perks
Cons: constant objective changes.
A typical work day included direct interactions with team members and unit manager in order to stay abreast of the days assignments. What I learned at Chevron is that team work in conjunction with dynamic leadership accomplishes company goals. The most enjoyable part of the job are the perks outside of just your paycheck. Gift cards are given out regularly – more... for going above and beyond normal work and managers appreciate that. – less
being management
Cashier/Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Ripley, MSOctober 14, 2014
Pros: assistant managers got set hours and good pay
Cons: having to terminate an employee
My job was hard but enjoyable. Sometimes I had to get rough with an employee that was slacking in their job but most of the time things went smooth. Being an assistant manager has a lot of responsibility and work. The hardest part of the job was firing someone. The most enjoyable part of this job was seeing a company run smooth and knowing that I was – more... a part of that process. – less
Exciting Industry
Human Resources (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAOctober 12, 2014
Strong safety culture.
People are nice.
Typical day varies with changing priorities and projects.
Large company. Each location's culture varies.
Specialised in process engineering with lots of training
Facilities Process Engineer/MoC Coordinator (Former Employee), Escravos, NigeriaOctober 10, 2014
Pros: free accomodation, trainings, transportation
Cons: short periods to accomplish tasks
Worked in an organized environment.
Had vast office and field experience.
Had full management support.
The Gas Plant is highly complex.
Fun Place to work at
Assistant Retail Manager (Former Employee), Valencia, CAOctober 9, 2014
It is your average retail environment.
It is a fast paced environment where you work all types of people.
I liked meeting the customers and learning where they were from
Cashier (Former Employee), Coarsegold, CAOctober 8, 2014
Pros: working with customers
Cons: didn't get breaks, being alone on duty at night.
Stock shelves, clean parking lot, fill cold box's, do cash register by waiting on customers. Selling to customers gas and food and grocery items for their trips to Yosemite. Management was hard to deal with being it was a mother daughter team. Co-workers were fun and entertaining. Was being alone at night never knowing if you would get to busy for one – more... employee on duty. Meeting new people from all countries. – less
Cashier (Former Employee), IrvineOctober 6, 2014
Pros: steady job
Cons: unable to give me time for family emergency-had to quit.
Worked graveyard at a good pay rate.
I restocked area, worked cash register and
counted money before shift ended. I was given a lot of responsibility and it felt great.
A day at Chevron
Blaster / Painter (Former Employee), Pascagoula, MSOctober 6, 2014
Start the day off by listening to a safety meeting, then complete a JSA for the task to be performed that day. Gather up the tools and material required for the job. Proceed to the job site to secure the work and performed required task to complete it.
good managment and co-workers
Cashier (Former Employee), Saint Helens, OROctober 6, 2014
Pros: money for rent out of high school
Cons: not enough money for morgage
Good company to work for and has gave me skills with the public and working with money. Management and co-works were easy and fun to work with. I ran the cash register and pumped gas for 2 years I worked there.
It was cool.
Cashier/Gas Attendant (Former Employee), Lincoln City, OROctober 6, 2014
I really liked working for this company. I got along with alot of the customers, and working outside never bothered me. The winters were cold, but bearable. The summers were hot, but also, bearable. I would work at another gas station if presented with the opportunity.
A wonderful company to work for if you are in the right department and or location
Field specialist (Former Employee), Aztec, NMOctober 5, 2014
Chevron was a great place for me to get my feet wet in the oil and gas field. They are a top notch corporation.
Great Work Life Balance & Benefits
Security SME (Current Employee), Houston, TXSeptember 29, 2014
Excellent work environment.
Great team environment.
Exposure to different security platforms.
Very Process oriented
normal job
I helped customers as a cashier (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZSeptember 26, 2014
Cons: security guard was pervy, manager was a jerk
normal casheir job. nothing bad except for some of the people working there, but that happens at every job. The security guard did creep everyone out with his weirdness, however.
Great
HSE Coordinator (Intern) (Former Employee), usaSeptember 25, 2014
Great experience, great management, great people and great company to work with.
Typical day at work
Intern (Former Employee), Van TxSeptember 24, 2014
• Loaded well file data into company data base to update initial start of Life Of Well Information (LOWIS)
• Managed office documentation on well diagrams and well metrics
• Trained engineers in LOWIS usage and updates resulting in cost efficiencies, driving time reduction, and time productivity
• Recognized for training efficiency
World class Petroleum Company
Plant Operator/Dispatcher (Former Employee), St.Thomas, United States Virgin IslandsSeptember 23, 2014
• Conducted daily inspections of Fuel Terminal
• Learned various aspects of Fuel Distribution like pipeline operations and converting gallons to barrels ratio
• Working at Chevron allowed me to witness how some companies maximize on contract workers
• Enjoyed working with my coworkers
• One of the hardest parts of the job was dealing with short term – more... notices
• Keeping customers satisfied with our services – less
fun work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Victorville, CASeptember 22, 2014
Pros: work place
Cons: benefits weren't that good
customer relations, inventory,management was good, customers were default at times light maintenance

About Chevron

Chevron is one of the world's leading energy companies, with approximately 60,000 employees working in countries around the world. – Read more