Chevron Employee Reviews in Canada

good location
cashier (Current Employee) –  Penticton BCApril 2, 2015
very fast paced job and it taught me to be more on the ball with my time management and thinking skills. It helped me to learn to deal with difficult people and situations. Also taught me a lot of patience working with people. The most enjoyable parts of the job include the entering the details for the gas inventory and paperwork of it all.
Pros
mystery shop opportunities
Cons
seniority
Sales, Retail
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCMay 14, 2015
Up selling and Cross selling made me aware of how to increase daily sales and achieve targets. In addition to my previous experiences this provided me admirable customer service skills.
Pros
Long Shifts
Cons
NO Advancement
Application Support Role
Application Support Analyst (Contractor) (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJuly 8, 2015
Great place to work. Great people, environment. Co-Workers were a pleasure to work with. Take safety seriously even for desk jockies.
Pros
Great Environment
Cons
No references... :-(
it was alright
cashier (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BCMay 8, 2012
my typical day at this job was not what i expected, they made me hand wash the pumps and car wash when no one else would do it even though it was and mandatory to make sure everything was clean and look great. what i'v learn for working there is that the coworker can do whatever they want since they have work there the longest and complained about how there stuck here while they have a life. the management skill there poor when he was there he/she was there they would favor some coworkers. there was no hardest part of the job cause they really don't care what you do or when it gets done. the most enjoyable part of this job was the customers seeing there smile faces and helping them when they asked for.
Pros
free coffee and slurpee
Cons
no free lunches, no lunch breaks
productive,
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Merritt, BCMarch 9, 2015
hours went by so fast with how busy it was. i liked being busy.
I learned that i'm better at math now then i was in highschool and that im a very patient person when dealing with miserable customers and did my best to help everyone out. i liked my coworkers they were very nice and easy to talk to. the hardest part of the job wasnt really hard was just annoying to be in the cold freezer for long periods of time stocking and restocking
Pros
nice coworkers
Cons
short hours, small pay
Huge Organisation which pays attention to detail
store manager (Former Employee) –  Tumbler Ridge, BCMay 25, 2015
Provides outstanding products and services to its customers to their satisfaction levels. Employees are taken care like a family.
Great place to work if you like retail
Retailer (Current Employee) –  Fraser Lake, BCJune 3, 2012
The company has been good to me. I get out of the job what I want to. I decide if I want to work at the store and how many hours I want to work. I work about 50 hours a week. I have learned how to manage my time well. I have twelve employees and they all bring something different to the team but together we make a great team. The hardest part of the job is staffing. The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing we do a great job! My site is the 5th highest in, instore sales, throughout Canada. We are second to nun with our BC Lottery sales. Our site has been recognized as one of the top stores in Canada. Last year I was one of the Top preformer in canada.
Pros
i could work the hours i wanted to.
Cons
i had to deal with staffing issues.
Chevron
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCFebruary 25, 2013
A typical day at chevron is all about the customers. Ringing in all sales at the cash register, giving directions, full service gas station, maintaining cleanliness of store, keeping coffee pots full, stocking selves, keeping track of inventory and balancing the till at end of shift
Located on Hastings just off Clarke makes always for an interesting shift. Many drug addicts and criminals in this area that the staff have to tolerate, making sure that no thefts happen during our shifts. Quite a few armed robberies have also gone on during my time there so interaction with police does happen. The roll over rate at this location was also high so I was constantly training new employees. I was mainly stationed at this location but worked at both from time to time, there are two Chevrons a few blocks apart with the same owner. I'd also work many overtime hour each week for those who didn't show up to work, lots of double shifts.
Pros
very fun work environment, flexible hrs, overtime.
Cons
dangerous neighborhood, high roll over
Great Boss , Bad Company
Assistant Manger (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BCJanuary 13, 2015
It was a great work environment at the location I worked at , We were a family . I advanced fast with my employer , got lots of responsibilities and trust from her. Unfortunately Chevron had alot of changes and we were all laid off . Hardest part of the job was the drunk customers . Always had regular customers it felt like a place of home in the location I worked at .
Good Job
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BCDecember 6, 2014
The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to take home bread garden orders that would expire the next day! I learned knowledge on BCLC lottery tickets. Good experience with co-workers and some of the management team.
Pros
4 days on 4 days off
This was the best job I ever had in my field.
Area Land Administrator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AlbertaOctober 30, 2012
I learned so much at this company. I had a fantastic boss who encouraged me so much he basically groomed my career. I worked with a fabulous group of people that to this day I am still friends with. It was a sad day when our department was dissolved due the sale of the assets we managed.

I LOVED GOING TO WORK.
Good Learning experience
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BCApril 13, 2014
A great first job for anyone teaches them valuable lessons so they can avoid them in the future, and come out a better person
Pros
discounts are ok
Cons
management need improvment
customer service repersentative
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  surrey, bcMarch 8, 2013
- interaction with different people
- No job security
- Learning alot everyday
Great workplace that supports a blanace of school and work
Cashier (Current Employee) –  langley, bcJuly 30, 2013
I have a great manager and boss, the company is well run and the employees are all heard working and strong team players. We have become a great family at chevron. They have all supported me when i needed it and adjusted their schedules to work with mine.
Pros
flexibility, reliability
Cons
low pay
easygoing place to be
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BCNovember 28, 2013
I was only at Chevron for a couple weeks for a school placement work experience to help me find a job and to see what its like in the real world.
Pros
co-workers were very nice
excellent caring boss
Night station attendant and cashier (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCSeptember 16, 2013
With the exception of the dangers of working around a neighborhood with lots of drug addicts and getting held up it's a very good place to work for.
Pros
good coworkers
Cons
getting held up at gun point
was nice to work here
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BCJuly 3, 2014
Was nice working for the company the three months i was there. dont know if they let me go because holidays were over.. or something else. oh well
Pros
awesome helpful staff
Cons
long 10 hr graveyards..
Productive and fun place to work
Gas Station Attendant/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Hope, BCFebruary 8, 2013
Handle cash transtactions night shift clean bathrooms, wash windows and take out garbage
Pros
meeting new people, friendly co-workers
Cons
customers werent always friendly
good learning environment
System Administrator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJanuary 21, 2014
learnt lots, given challenges was great place to work provide work to life balance, training opps, etc.
I loved working at Chevron
Cashier (Former Employee) –  AbbotsfordDecember 6, 2013
I understood my job well, loved my boss and the people I worked with and would go back to work if there was a place for me.