Chevron

Chevron Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
it was alright
cashier (Former Employee), Surrey, BCMay 8, 2012
Pros: free coffee and slurpee
Cons: no free lunches, no lunch breaks
my typical day at this job was not what i expected, they made me hand wash the pumps and car wash when no one else would do it even though it was and mandatory to make sure everything was clean and look great. what i'v learn for working there is that the coworker can do whatever they want since they have work there the longest and complained about how – more... there stuck here while they have a life. the management skill there poor when he was there he/she was there they would favor some coworkers. there was no hardest part of the job cause they really don't care what you do or when it gets done. the most enjoyable part of this job was the customers seeing there smile faces and helping them when they asked for. – less
Great work place
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Sacramento, CAJuly 17, 2014
My day will begin with cleaning and operating the cash register. It includes stocking of cooler, cleaning restroom, and maintain cleaning on the outside of the store.

I learn to scan in product, including write off expired product, damage goods, and incoming product. I learn to core clean restrooms, gas pumps, and store car wash.

I work at a half – more... of dozen stores and had many great co-workers and a few bad co-workers.

I think the hardest part about working for chevron was the unconcided schedule.

The most enjoyable part about working for chevron was the people that came into the store. – less
Respectful, engaging workplace with high emphasis on safety.
Tank Engineer (Current Employee), El Segundo, CAJuly 16, 2014
Working with multi-disciplinary groups is a rewarding and humbling experience. Diversity and mutual respect is important to getting things done right. Technical, Operations and Maintenance work groups working hand-in-hand to set each other up for success.
Productive, fun place to work
Asset Manager (Contractor) (Former Employee), Richmond, CAJuly 15, 2014
Pros: good benefits and career opportunity
Cons: no food court
Great pay, opportunity to build relationships and advance career
Quiet Nights
CASHIER (Former Employee), Woodland, WAJuly 12, 2014
I was scheduled to work swing shift, it was quiet most of the nights. Every once in a while you had to deal with unpleasant people but for the most part it was just people traveling that stopped for gas. There were few things that needed to be done at night when it was slower and the person working had the time. The hardest part of the job was trying – more... to stay awake for the shift. – less
Productive, yet easy-going job with a friendly atmosphere
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Columbus, GAJuly 11, 2014
Pros: down time, weekly pay, time to get to know your coworkers and managers
Cons: no breaks, low pay
I loved my experience working with Chevron. My managers were always willing to help with any situation, and most of my coworkers were great to work with. I learned a lot about how people are and how a business is run. I was also able to sharpen up my communication and customer service skills.
Always busy
Manager (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAJuly 11, 2014
Pros: friendly owner/boss
Cons: long hours
On a typical day i would manage the shop floor and make sure thing are up and running to satisfaction.
I learnt how to manager and run a business efficiently, what to look for in terms of loss prevention and how to do it.
My co workers were great, we worked well as a team so the day went easier for us.
The hardest part of the job was the long hours – more... i had to put in.
The enjoyable part of the job was i was the manager and the harder and quicker i worked the easier my day would be. – less
An outstanding co. to work for. Fast paced invironment.
Operations Assistant (Former Employee), Montebello, CAJuly 9, 2014
Pros: great benifits. 401k, health care, vacatoion and holiday policies.
Cons: some of the management was not people oriented.
In the 50+ years I worked for Chevron, I never regretted having to "go to work". I was given the opportunity to have four different careers with the company. I worked as a service station attendant, then manager for six years. Then became a tank truck driver for fifteen more. When I expressed the desire to get off of the road I was offered a refinery – more... job, which developed into the operations assistant position I had when I retired. The hardest part of the job was having to deal with dishonest employees. The most enjoyable part of the job was the family like atmosphere, especially at company holiday functions. – less
cashier
Cashier (Former Employee), Danville, GAJuly 8, 2014
it was a great environment. i had to cook, clean, and stock. majority of the time i didnt have co-worker working with me
Boring
Night Shift Assistance Manager (Former Employee), Houston, TXJuly 4, 2014
Pros: real easy job
Cons: night shift
Stand all day in the same position and manage a cash register.
Many tasks to be responsible for
USPS-CPU, Clerk; UHaul, Sales Representative (Former Employee), Davie, FLJuly 1, 2014
Pros: a lot of responsibility and interaction with people
Cons: lack of expressed appreciation for all that i took responsibility
Arrive at work, balance cash drawer, verify store is in order (inventory, equipment, etc.), and maintain store throughout shift
-New inventory and business systems
-Co-workers were a delight to work with and I enjoyed there company while at work
-Management was fine, I just felt that they could have taken a little more responsibility to relieve some – more... of the pressure from the business owner
-I for the most part found the job to be easy enough and overall enjoyable
-Most enjoyable part of the job was the constant interaction with customers; regular and new – less
Fun experience with gas station procedures
TCBY Manager/Cashier Duties (Former Employee), Laurel, MSJune 30, 2014
I loved this job and the people I worked for/with. It was a great learning experience.
Great Place
Travel Coordinator (Former Employee), Houston, TXJune 30, 2014
Work day went pretty fast. 9/80 schedule. Good environment. Still currently working.
A very large company, but with almost a family atmosphere in the local offices.
Senior Geologist (Former Employee), Houston (5 yrs) & Venezuela (3 yrs)June 28, 2014
Pros: friendly environment, many options for future career.
I have to say that my eight years working with Chevron was a very positive experience. The company has a practice of taking care of their employees, and making sure that they have the career opportunities that they desire. One my most enjoyable parts of my job has been to work with younger, less experienced geologists and to show them concepts and techniques – more... that they might not have learned before. I would say that the hardest part of my work in the last three years was being seconded to the Venezuelan government oi company (PDVSA), where there was an extremely intense political environment in their management, and a certain amount of animosity for the north Americans. However, on a personal basis, the people were much more friendly. – less
Poor Management
Pipeline Controller (Former Employee), Bellaire, TXJune 19, 2014
Chevron Pipeline - Poor work/ life balance. Was lied to during interviews on comp time, to find out it didn't exist in my department. Couldn't find relief for vacation, sick time, etc... Unethicval management.
Turn around work!
Contract Assistant (Former Employee), Rodeo, CAJune 18, 2014
Pros: lots of quiet time to work.
Cons: cannot leave the refinery for lunch, the restaurants were too far.
I like the job I was assigned to do at Chevron. I have to go thru several different entities, before I received an interview, but the job environment was clean and safe. I would do this work again if asked and fairly compensated.
good place to work
Lease Operator (Former Employee), Aztec, NMJune 16, 2014
Pros: good company, benefits and training
Cons: the management was a bit jumpy and would jump to comclusions
Love the company and benefits and the training program is good too. Every now and the the management would be a bit pushy but that happens with every company you work for so it's really no big deal. The pay was great too! No real complaints.
Chevron Review
Cost Engineering Analyst (Current Employee), Bakersfield, CAJune 16, 2014
Great company to work for. Really enjoyed the employees. Hardest part of the job is most employees are contractors.
Productive and fun workplace helping the environment
Environmental Cleaning, Planting Volunteer (Current Employee), El Segundo, CAJune 16, 2014
Pros: sense of worth, cleane the environment, beautified the city, enriched the land
Working for the Chevron Corporation is fun. I enriched the land, beautified the city of El Segundo, and I cleaned the environment. Every year I plant trees to help the city and beautify it. I cleaned the El Segundo Beach so it will look cleaner and help the environment an animals in the ocean.
Chevron is an excellent company to work for.
Associate Specialist (Former Employee), Honolulu, HIJune 13, 2014
Pros: i had the opportunity to work for chevron, great company and great co workers
Cons: all good things must come to an end. i had a good run.
I would be in the office at 5:00 am. Gather my paper work and sort them out. Check the inventory of products in the Terminal and put them into a spreadsheet and send it over to the refinery to discuss the pipeline schedule for the Terminal. Go over the workers permits and put them into a spreadsheet. Check the bunker jobs and Barge or Ships movement – more... of products and keep track of this data. Check various operators tickets to ensure various procedures were being completed. Checking the board for any changes which may have occurred and what impact it may have on the work for the next day of work. I provided the tools and supplies for the operators so they could do their work in a safe and efficient manner I finished work at 4:30 pm.
I learned to be detail oriented, Looking ahead anticipating any problems which may pop up and take steps to avoid them.
I enjoyed working with the operators great bunch of guys. I am a team player and never forgot my roots as am operator.
The hardest part of my job was keeping track of all the deadlines of things which need to be attended to and adjusting to all the changes which affect our customers. – less

About Chevron

Chevron is one of the world's leading energy companies, with approximately 60,000 employees working in countries around the world. – Read more