Chevron Employee Reviews

learning with enjoy
Associate Cashier (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC9 September 2016
I am enjoying dealing with customers. I love to deal with people from different countries. I learn how to operate point of sale machine and stock up of products. I can manage customers at two till machines to prevent line up of customers. When customer wish me back with a big smile, give pleasure state. My co-workers are friendly. I enjoy the company of them. No specific break time for breakfast or lunch.
gas,junk food, and drinks
Cashier (Former Employee) –  white rock B.C.24 August 2016
i liked working there. i have learn so much from there. the only i had to leave there was because the owner had to sell the store. but overall i liked working there.
Lessons for future to grow and learn.
Customer service and Manager (Former Employee) –  New Westminster, BC18 August 2016
Learned a lot about delegation of authority and responsibility, training new employees, working with people from different culture, provide excellent customer service and respect everyone's views, lead by example and more.
very interesting place to work
Chashier and full server (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BC5 July 2016
I really like the maintenance of the gas station and and the rules and regulations are pretty good. I liked working at chevron gas station because of very friendly behaviour with costumers and staff. And also the way helping the costumer.
work work and work
Retail Sales Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC15 June 2016
you have to work hard to keep your store clean.you have to impress the supervisor so that owner wont loose the store.
Great company
Project Control Analyst (Current Employee) –  Venezuela13 June 2016
a multinational company that gives you the opportunity to learn lots of good stuff, what';s the core business and how you impact into it if you dont'get the job done. a place when you can meet the entire world since its culture diversity allow you to meet people and strength great work relatioship.
Pros
overseas training, technology reasources, work relationship
Cons
things get a bit harder when oil prices dictate the economics of the company
chevron town pantry
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC28 May 2016
I was a full time csr at chevron in Langley bc. I enjoyed working with all those great people. Working there for awhile I got to meet a lot of great people I now call my friends.
Like a fun and productive workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC23 May 2016
My main objective as an employee, and where I gained the most enjoyment was when you could work as a team to make the workplace the most positive environment possible. the frustration, is that many workers, lack sufficient organizational skills, and the anything will do attitude. I like doing tasks that have a good before and after affect. Where you get a true sense of accomplishment. I enjoy customer service, providing efficient , effective customer interaction. I like it when it is busy, providing we have the proper staffing, so that customer service is not sacrificed . As a manager, I like to delegate, cross train employees, I have noticed that some managers are micro managers, and fail to delegate, therefore not giving their staff the proper opportunity to show their stuff and potential. Give the staff a chance to take on responsibility , their job becomes more interesting and it promotes the team concept.
Pros
na
Cons
wages are lower than the industry standard
Seemed like a good company at the time....
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 May 2016
My personal experience was not a good one. The "Chevron Way" by some management was just talk. Overall it is a good company but in our present economy there were definitely challenging times.
Pros
Every second Friday off
productive and fun
Manager (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC5 May 2016
Chevron offers a truly global and collaborative work experience. You'll team up with some of the best and brightest people in locations around the world using leading edge technology to create energy solutions. And you'll discover a world of extraordinary opportunity, challenge and fulfillment where you can pursue goals, develop new skills, change career paths, and explore new horizons.
Pros
free gas
Cons
work 7 days

Want to know more about Chevron?

Ask a question
Fun place , room for advancement,
Customer Service / Cashier / Gas Attendant (Former Employee) –  Port Coquitlam, BC4 May 2016
Need to work diligently,but be aware of possible customers at all times . In the 15 years that I worked in Port Coquitlam, 11 years for the Chevron station at Shaughessy and Wilson . 4 years at the Shell station at Lougheed Hwy. and Pipeline is because I had good & fare employers, I would've stayed longer working for them if they hadn't retired . During my time at Chevron I got "employee of the month" 13 times and during the time with Shell, I received it 7 times . While I worked for both of them I got a total of 11 perfect scores on "mystery shoppers" program . The hardest part of the job for me to learn was customer service, the most enjoyable part of the job eventually was customer service . Because once you get comfortable with all the different aspects of the service industry, the job becomes easy( at least it did for me). The most enjoyable part of the job is when you start receiving employee of the month & perfect scores from the "mystery shopper program".
Pros
If you work diligently, you can reap the rewards .
Cons
You start at minimum wage .
Great Company - tough oil environment
HES Specialist (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB23 April 2016
Chevron is a wonderful company but unfortunately like others in the Energy market faces some tough climate in the near future.
Employment
System Analyst and Wam (Former Employee) –  Canada22 April 2016
I need this Job please.To continue to give my contribution to your company because it builds on noted much in desenvolvimeto and customer satisfaction. That way I like new challenges.
Pros
10h00
Looking for New Career Opportunities
Special Projects Drilling Engineer (Current Employee) –  West Africa9 March 2016
Chevron operates responsibly, generally treats their employee fairly, but is slow on making decisions and it's Managerial Capability leaves a lot to be desired.
The perfect fit to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC22 February 2016
Work place is people oriented, selfmotivated, dependable, able to work effectively and safely in a fast-paced environment while maintaining 100% total customer focus.
Good Company
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC21 February 2016
Its good working as a Cashier in Gas Station. Management is good but Growth is slow as u can only become supervisor. and flexible timings.
Pros
Cons
Growth
productive
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC1 January 2016
I really enjoyed working there. because I like customer care and interacting with people and solve there problems. management was really cooperative. I am a team worker and I enjoy working with co-workers.
No Growth
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC18 December 2015
I learned that working for this company it only a job not a career and will not help me get up in the corporate latter and becoming financially stable .I believe that management at this company is impossible not working with object.
Great boss and customers
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Duncan, BC15 November 2015
Awesome boss! Very busy location with great customers and co-workers. Too bad the owner is no longer there, him and his wife were great to work for. Was moving and had to leave.
Pros
Great boss and customers
Great pay, weak management
IT (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB3 November 2015
Worked many years at Chevron, unfortunately it went from the best place that I ever had the privilege of working to one of the worst. Weak, micromanaging and uncommunicative supervisors have taken hold and brought the company down. It's really too bad.
Pros
Pay, benefits
Cons
Lots of hours, management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chevron. Our community is ready to answer.