Chevron Employee Reviews

customer serivce
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Maple Ridge, BCOctober 9, 2015
enjoyed the hours that I worked early mornings and still had the rest of the day to enjoy. learn how to deal with customers and doing payments In a hurry. I also enjoyed working with other staff members.
Pros
good hours
Cons
Busy fastpaced workplace with a fun environment
Cashier- Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Delta, BCJuly 22, 2015
Worked as a Customer Service Representative/ Cashier Position. Was in charge of daily cash handling, stocking shelves, inventory check, daily cash balances and receipts, lotto sales, Computer Work with Microsoft Office, Opening and Closing the store. Overall this job was a great experience and had a very friendly, outgoing work environment that provided great family-like customer service to each customer even during busy work hours.
One of the best overall job I have ever had
Gas Station Attendant (Former Employee) –  abbotsford bcAugust 7, 2012
This position had great benifits, such as birthdays, christmas parties.
alsothe people in managment were fair kind,and very hands on.
Wage was good for the amount of work shared by the staff and the
customers were moslty always enjoyable. I did learn alot about
fire managment and and team effort ,while working with my co-workers who were pretty easy to get along with and came to work to do there work, which I appreciate. The hardest part of my job would have to have been when we were having a few schedual issues and
I had to work such wierd shifts.
Pros
non stop coffee
Cons
a huge window right by the register, which acted as a magnifying glass for the sun
good location
cashier (Current Employee) –  Penticton BCApril 2, 2015
very fast paced job and it taught me to be more on the ball with my time management and thinking skills. It helped me to learn to deal with difficult people and situations. Also taught me a lot of patience working with people. The most enjoyable parts of the job include the entering the details for the gas inventory and paperwork of it all.
Pros
mystery shop opportunities
Cons
seniority
Sales, Retail
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCMay 14, 2015
Up selling and Cross selling made me aware of how to increase daily sales and achieve targets. In addition to my previous experiences this provided me admirable customer service skills.
Pros
Long Shifts
Cons
NO Advancement
Cashier
Cashier/Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Coquitlam, BCFebruary 5, 2015
typically I run a till, (gas pumps, credit/debit cards, cash) clean and straighten stock on shelves help customers in a fast and friendly manner. Enter in fuel price changes, fuel deliveries, end of day fuel tank readings. At the end of my shift I make sure product is put away ( cigarettes and cash ) the store is clean and ready for the morning shift set the alarm and close the store. Most of my co workers are great people, absolutely fun to work with.

The hardest part of the job is the system ( tills) they use are not efficient they crash often and have to be rebooted, this is frustrating not only for myself but for the customers, because I have to shut everything down and reboot, which takes anywhere from 15 minutes to 30 minutes.
Pros
close to home and free coffee :)
Cons
it is not something i want to do forever. i want a forever job.
Application Support Role
Application Support Analyst (Contractor) (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJuly 8, 2015
Great place to work. Great people, environment. Co-Workers were a pleasure to work with. Take safety seriously even for desk jockies.
Pros
Great Environment
Cons
No references... :-(
This was the best job I ever had in my field.
Area Land Administrator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AlbertaOctober 30, 2012
I learned so much at this company. I had a fantastic boss who encouraged me so much he basically groomed my career. I worked with a fabulous group of people that to this day I am still friends with. It was a sad day when our department was dissolved due the sale of the assets we managed.

I LOVED GOING TO WORK.
Good Job
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BCDecember 6, 2014
The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to take home bread garden orders that would expire the next day! I learned knowledge on BCLC lottery tickets. Good experience with co-workers and some of the management team.
Pros
4 days on 4 days off
productive,
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Merritt, BCMarch 9, 2015
hours went by so fast with how busy it was. i liked being busy.
I learned that i'm better at math now then i was in highschool and that im a very patient person when dealing with miserable customers and did my best to help everyone out. i liked my coworkers they were very nice and easy to talk to. the hardest part of the job wasnt really hard was just annoying to be in the cold freezer for long periods of time stocking and restocking
Pros
nice coworkers
Cons
short hours, small pay
Great place to work if you like retail
Retailer (Current Employee) –  Fraser Lake, BCJune 3, 2012
The company has been good to me. I get out of the job what I want to. I decide if I want to work at the store and how many hours I want to work. I work about 50 hours a week. I have learned how to manage my time well. I have twelve employees and they all bring something different to the team but together we make a great team. The hardest part of the job is staffing. The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing we do a great job! My site is the 5th highest in, instore sales, throughout Canada. We are second to nun with our BC Lottery sales. Our site has been recognized as one of the top stores in Canada. Last year I was one of the Top preformer in canada.
Pros
i could work the hours i wanted to.
Cons
i had to deal with staffing issues.
Chevron
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCFebruary 25, 2013
A typical day at chevron is all about the customers. Ringing in all sales at the cash register, giving directions, full service gas station, maintaining cleanliness of store, keeping coffee pots full, stocking selves, keeping track of inventory and balancing the till at end of shift
Located on Hastings just off Clarke makes always for an interesting shift. Many drug addicts and criminals in this area that the staff have to tolerate, making sure that no thefts happen during our shifts. Quite a few armed robberies have also gone on during my time there so interaction with police does happen. The roll over rate at this location was also high so I was constantly training new employees. I was mainly stationed at this location but worked at both from time to time, there are two Chevrons a few blocks apart with the same owner. I'd also work many overtime hour each week for those who didn't show up to work, lots of double shifts.
Pros
very fun work environment, flexible hrs, overtime.
Cons
dangerous neighborhood, high roll over
Good Learning experience
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BCApril 13, 2014
A great first job for anyone teaches them valuable lessons so they can avoid them in the future, and come out a better person
Pros
discounts are ok
Cons
management need improvment
work
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BCNovember 8, 2012
It's a good place to work but there are no benefits.
when it's busy there's no other cashier to help.
I learned a lot and it's a nice experience.
Pros
discounts on sandwiches
Cons
no benefits
Great Boss , Bad Company
Assistant Manger (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BCJanuary 13, 2015
It was a great work environment at the location I worked at , We were a family . I advanced fast with my employer , got lots of responsibilities and trust from her. Unfortunately Chevron had alot of changes and we were all laid off . Hardest part of the job was the drunk customers . Always had regular customers it felt like a place of home in the location I worked at .
Huge Organisation which pays attention to detail
store manager (Former Employee) –  Tumbler Ridge, BCMay 25, 2015
Provides outstanding products and services to its customers to their satisfaction levels. Employees are taken care like a family.
customer service repersentative
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  surrey, bcMarch 8, 2013
- interaction with different people
- No job security
- Learning alot everyday
Great workplace that supports a blanace of school and work
Cashier (Current Employee) –  langley, bcJuly 30, 2013
I have a great manager and boss, the company is well run and the employees are all heard working and strong team players. We have become a great family at chevron. They have all supported me when i needed it and adjusted their schedules to work with mine.
Pros
flexibility, reliability
Cons
low pay
easygoing place to be
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BCNovember 28, 2013
I was only at Chevron for a couple weeks for a school placement work experience to help me find a job and to see what its like in the real world.
Pros
co-workers were very nice
excellent caring boss
Night station attendant and cashier (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCSeptember 16, 2013
With the exception of the dangers of working around a neighborhood with lots of drug addicts and getting held up it's a very good place to work for.
Pros
good coworkers
Cons
getting held up at gun point