Chevron Employee Reviews

Good place to work.
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC9 May 2017
Chevron was a good entry level job. It provided training in customer service and time management skills. It was a gas station so you basically deal with customers all day.
Pros
Free food
Cons
No room for growth
Decent job, bad hours and site management
Gas Attendant (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC3 May 2017
I enjoyed most of the time i spent at Chevron, but I did have my own problems with the store management, who had asked me to bring in something to say i was never going to have another problem with my medical issues so i could return to work after having issues at home. Hardest part would have had to been when it was extremely packed but I pushed through it. Best part was working with my co-workers who were all very helpful and friendly.
Overall, a great work environment.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Merritt, BC3 March 2017
A typical day at work ... there is none. Customers can make or break you. You have your regulars, and then you have those customers that you wish had never stepped foot through the door.
Most of the co-workers are helpful, dedicated, and friendly.
Good coworkers and management
Cashier and Full Serve Attendant (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BC20 February 2017
Learned how to work the cash register and brushed up on stocking and inventory skills.
Also learned how to make coffee and work the lottery machine.
Pros
Free Coffee
Cons
No pension
knowledgeable, fun work place, team work, good interpersonal Relationships
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC20 February 2017
There was a busy day at work and same day our store's Grocery and Tobacco order got delivered. I was working in the morning and there was a time to get off from work I was fixing groceries and my Boss just entered in the Store. Evening shift staff also came in. I, my Boss and Evening Stall worked as a Team and everything was done very easily and in order. Then my Boss ordered the Pizza and we all had fun day at work. I am really thankful to all my Chevron Team.
Pros
$50 Gift cards to each staff on Christmas, new year etc. 25% discount for each staff from their Triple O's Restaurant they own.
Convience
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC9 February 2017
Day at work is to show up, serve customers, clean & stock.
Management work was to do paperwork, count cash & clean.
Management was both good and bad. Depends on her mood.
Pros
Good owner
Cons
No benefits, no discounts in store
This employment goes back 20 years.
Compensation and Benefits Analyst (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB20 January 2017
This employment goes back 20 years. It would be too dated to have any application to the Company today. I suggest it not be integrated with your other related information for this Company.
Very good company with great corporate culture and diversification of opportunities in the company.
Facilities Engineer (Current Employee) –  Calgary29 November 2016
Great new graduate program and development opportunities for young professionals, with office and field exposure. Good culture and lots of opportunities to network with other employees and develop relationships with coworkers not only at work, but outside of work. Good mentorship provided and feedback on performance throughout the year.
Nice place
CSR/ Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC29 November 2016
It was a nice time at Chevron. The seniors were very helpful and learnt the aspects of leadership and team management from the staff and management. It was nice,
fast paced work environment.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  White Rock, BC2 November 2016
A typical day at Chevron would start with till reconcilation and would include preparing reports about fuel inventory with customer service as a priority.
i basically learned how to work in a fast paced environment with a good team leader and a player.
Pros
Free Slurpies.
Cons
Back to back shifts

Want to know more about Chevron?

Ask a question
Very restricted working enviroment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC31 October 2016
Chevron Canada is a very large company, however it is extremely hard to advance within. The work itself is quite simple and easy to master. However, once you know the basics, there is hardly any more learning to be done. There is no real way to earn any sort of advancement, and over all is a decent first or short-term job.
Pros
Very simple work
Cons
No breaks, boring shifts, poor management
Good
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Fort St. John, BC30 October 2016
Nice management but the location is worst during winter time.. and it runs by others person.. and they are reducing the per hour rate.. from 12 to 11.25 ..
Good
Cons
Shory hours
Fast, but great for customer service experience.
Gas Attendant (Current Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC23 October 2016
A typical day at work is starting early, and greeting many different customers, and mostly regulars at the station, fueling their vehicles, and other things such as tire pressure and oil checks. I learned how to check tire pressure, and add air to a tire, properly and safely fuel a car, and check and top up oil in a car. The management are good, friendly and pretty reasonable. My co-workers are so friendly, and are always nice to me, and are willing to help whenever i need it. The hardest part of my job is when I have to work out in a busy rush by myself. Most enjoyable part is meeting new and familiar faces of customers I've met before.
Pros
Free coffee, free slushies.
Cons
Sometimes working alone at busy times.
Excellent place to start work to improve Customer Service Skills
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC12 September 2016
A typical day at work will be so lively as there will b continuous flow of customers. I started my career in customer service to improve my communication skills, which i think i accomplished it. At any work place the co workers and Management makes a huge impact on our work ability and I am thankful that i got the perfect working environment. The most enjoyable part in this work is customer service and meeting my goals.
learning with enjoy
Associate Cashier (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC9 September 2016
I am enjoying dealing with customers. I love to deal with people from different countries. I learn how to operate point of sale machine and stock up of products. I can manage customers at two till machines to prevent line up of customers. When customer wish me back with a big smile, give pleasure state. My co-workers are friendly. I enjoy the company of them. No specific break time for breakfast or lunch.
gas,junk food, and drinks
Cashier (Former Employee) –  white rock B.C.24 August 2016
i liked working there. i have learn so much from there. the only i had to leave there was because the owner had to sell the store. but overall i liked working there.
Lessons for future to grow and learn.
Customer service and Manager (Former Employee) –  New Westminster, BC18 August 2016
Learned a lot about delegation of authority and responsibility, training new employees, working with people from different culture, provide excellent customer service and respect everyone's views, lead by example and more.
a lunch brake a bathroom brake and a kind word once in a whill
Gas Station Attendant (Current Employee) –  Aldergrove, BC9 August 2016
I walk in and I say hi how are you doing and can I do eney thing for you do you have to go to the washroom or do you need a little break. them I start to do my duties I learn to be kind to people to work the till and other devices there. the boss is a good guy get along with him fine and my co-workers really like me they all wount to work with me trying to understand some coustmers in the morring whene I see all my good regalers custmers come in for coffee. and we joke around. ha ha .
Pros
i like the work and the peolpe
Cons
the new boss did not hire anufe stafe for my liking 1 more person would work better for all stafe
very interesting place to work
Chashier and full server (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BC5 July 2016
I really like the maintenance of the gas station and and the rules and regulations are pretty good. I liked working at chevron gas station because of very friendly behaviour with costumers and staff. And also the way helping the costumer.
work work and work
Retail Sales Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC15 June 2016
you have to work hard to keep your store clean.you have to impress the supervisor so that owner wont loose the store.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chevron. Our community is ready to answer.