Chevron Employee Reviews

Very restricted working enviroment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC31 October 2016
Chevron Canada is a very large company, however it is extremely hard to advance within. The work itself is quite simple and easy to master. However, once you know the basics, there is hardly any more learning to be done. There is no real way to earn any sort of advancement, and over all is a decent first or short-term job.
Pros
Very simple work
Cons
No breaks, boring shifts, poor management
Excellent place to start work to improve Customer Service Skills
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC12 September 2016
A typical day at work will be so lively as there will b continuous flow of customers. I started my career in customer service to improve my communication skills, which i think i accomplished it. At any work place the co workers and Management makes a huge impact on our work ability and I am thankful that i got the perfect working environment. The most enjoyable part in this work is customer service and meeting my goals.
Good
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Fort St. John, BC30 October 2016
Nice management but the location is worst during winter time.. and it runs by others person.. and they are reducing the per hour rate.. from 12 to 11.25 ..
Good
Cons
Shory hours
Great company
Project Control Analyst (Current Employee) –  Venezuela13 June 2016
a multinational company that gives you the opportunity to learn lots of good stuff, what';s the core business and how you impact into it if you dont'get the job done. a place when you can meet the entire world since its culture diversity allow you to meet people and strength great work relatioship.
Pros
overseas training, technology reasources, work relationship
Cons
things get a bit harder when oil prices dictate the economics of the company
Lessons for future to grow and learn.
Customer service and Manager (Former Employee) –  New Westminster, BC18 August 2016
Learned a lot about delegation of authority and responsibility, training new employees, working with people from different culture, provide excellent customer service and respect everyone's views, lead by example and more.
learning with enjoy
Associate Cashier (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC9 September 2016
I am enjoying dealing with customers. I love to deal with people from different countries. I learn how to operate point of sale machine and stock up of products. I can manage customers at two till machines to prevent line up of customers. When customer wish me back with a big smile, give pleasure state. My co-workers are friendly. I enjoy the company of them. No specific break time for breakfast or lunch.
productive and fun
Manager (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC5 May 2016
Chevron offers a truly global and collaborative work experience. You'll team up with some of the best and brightest people in locations around the world using leading edge technology to create energy solutions. And you'll discover a world of extraordinary opportunity, challenge and fulfillment where you can pursue goals, develop new skills, change career paths, and explore new horizons.
Pros
free gas
Cons
work 7 days
Seemed like a good company at the time....
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 May 2016
My personal experience was not a good one. The "Chevron Way" by some management was just talk. Overall it is a good company but in our present economy there were definitely challenging times.
Pros
Every second Friday off
Like a fun and productive workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC23 May 2016
My main objective as an employee, and where I gained the most enjoyment was when you could work as a team to make the workplace the most positive environment possible. the frustration, is that many workers, lack sufficient organizational skills, and the anything will do attitude. I like doing tasks that have a good before and after affect. Where you get a true sense of accomplishment. I enjoy customer service, providing efficient , effective customer interaction. I like it when it is busy, providing we have the proper staffing, so that customer service is not sacrificed . As a manager, I like to delegate, cross train employees, I have noticed that some managers are micro managers, and fail to delegate, therefore not giving their staff the proper opportunity to show their stuff and potential. Give the staff a chance to take on responsibility , their job becomes more interesting and it promotes the team concept.
Pros
na
Cons
wages are lower than the industry standard
gas,junk food, and drinks
Cashier (Former Employee) –  white rock B.C.24 August 2016
i liked working there. i have learn so much from there. the only i had to leave there was because the owner had to sell the store. but overall i liked working there.
No Growth
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC18 December 2015
I learned that working for this company it only a job not a career and will not help me get up in the corporate latter and becoming financially stable .I believe that management at this company is impossible not working with object.
Great pay, weak management
IT (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB3 November 2015
Worked many years at Chevron, unfortunately it went from the best place that I ever had the privilege of working to one of the worst. Weak, micromanaging and uncommunicative supervisors have taken hold and brought the company down. It's really too bad.
Pros
Pay, benefits
Cons
Lots of hours, management
Good Company
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC21 February 2016
Its good working as a Cashier in Gas Station. Management is good but Growth is slow as u can only become supervisor. and flexible timings.
Pros
Cons
Growth
chevron town pantry
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC28 May 2016
I was a full time csr at chevron in Langley bc. I enjoyed working with all those great people. Working there for awhile I got to meet a lot of great people I now call my friends.
Well run business
Manager of 2 stations (Former Employee) –  North Vancouver, Canada28 September 2012
I work for Kisa Ent. (Chevron) for 4 years and in which time I was a full time, full service and store attendant and moved into a management role for the last two years at the job. In my time there I prepared work schedules for up to 25 people, monitored sales levels, re-oreder product when needed, and worked closely with upper management to insure a well run and positive workplace. I enjoyed this job very much. Having the chance to work with people that were motivated and hard workers made my position a very enjoyable one. The only reason I left this job was due to a lack of benefits and low pay.
Pros
great staff, great managment, plenty of diversity
Cons
poor wages and benifits
Employment
System Analyst and Wam (Former Employee) –  Canada22 April 2016
I need this Job please.To continue to give my contribution to your company because it builds on noted much in desenvolvimeto and customer satisfaction. That way I like new challenges.
Pros
10h00
Great Company - tough oil environment
HES Specialist (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB23 April 2016
Chevron is a wonderful company but unfortunately like others in the Energy market faces some tough climate in the near future.
Petroleum Engineering Co-op Student (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL20 July 2015
Role:

• Supported the Subsurface team with current base business petroleum engineering activities and initiatives, for both Hibernia and Hebron fields.
• Developed Prosper models for the Hibernia Gas Lift Project to reflect current scope and generated a technical forecast for the Gas Lift MCP Lookback. This also included producing a range of lift curve scenarios for all wells that will be retrofitted to include gas lift valves.
• Created a Slot Management and Production Forecasting Tool (based in VBA) for the AC Subsurface team, to centralize and streamline the business plan forecasting and reporting activities for the Hibernia field.
• Responsible for producing the Atlantic Canada Weekly Report each week.
Looking for New Career Opportunities
Special Projects Drilling Engineer (Current Employee) –  West Africa9 March 2016
Chevron operates responsibly, generally treats their employee fairly, but is slow on making decisions and it's Managerial Capability leaves a lot to be desired.
it was alright
cashier (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC8 May 2012
my typical day at this job was not what i expected, they made me hand wash the pumps and car wash when no one else would do it even though it was and mandatory to make sure everything was clean and look great. what i'v learn for working there is that the coworker can do whatever they want since they have work there the longest and complained about how there stuck here while they have a life. the management skill there poor when he was there he/she was there they would favor some coworkers. there was no hardest part of the job cause they really don't care what you do or when it gets done. the most enjoyable part of this job was the customers seeing there smile faces and helping them when they asked for.
Pros
free coffee and slurpee
Cons
no free lunches, no lunch breaks