Chevron Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Employment
System Analyst and Wam (Former Employee), CanadaApril 22, 2016
Pros: 10h00
Cons: 2
I need this Job please.To continue to give my contribution to your company because it builds on noted much in desenvolvimeto and customer satisfaction. That way I like new challenges.
Looking for New Career Opportunities
Special Projects Drilling Engineer (Current Employee), West AfricaMarch 9, 2016
Chevron operates responsibly, generally treats their employee fairly, but is slow on making decisions and it's Managerial Capability leaves a lot to be desired.
The perfect fit to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCFebruary 22, 2016
Work place is people oriented, selfmotivated, dependable, able to work effectively and safely in a fast-paced environment while maintaining 100% total customer focus.
Good Company
Cashier (Current Employee), Victoria, BCFebruary 21, 2016
Pros: Management
Cons: Growth
Its good working as a Cashier in Gas Station. Management is good but Growth is slow as u can only become supervisor. and flexible timings.
No Growth
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCDecember 18, 2015
I learned that working for this company it only a job not a career and will not help me get up in the corporate latter and becoming financially stable .I believe that management at this company is impossible not working with object.
Great boss and customers
Cashier (Former Employee), Duncan, BCNovember 15, 2015
Pros: Great boss and customers
Cons: None
Awesome boss! Very busy location with great customers and co-workers. Too bad the owner is no longer there, him and his wife were great to work for. Was moving and had to leave.
Great pay, weak management
IT (Former Employee), Calgary, ABNovember 3, 2015
Pros: Pay, benefits
Cons: Lots of hours, management
Worked many years at Chevron, unfortunately it went from the best place that I ever had the privilege of working to one of the worst. Weak, micromanaging and uncommunicative supervisors have taken hold and brought the company down. It's really too bad.
customer serivce
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Maple Ridge, BCOctober 9, 2015
Pros: good hours
Cons: none
enjoyed the hours that I worked early mornings and still had the rest of the day to enjoy. learn how to deal with customers and doing payments In a hurry. I also enjoyed working with other staff members.
fun and friendly work environment
Cashier (Current Employee), Victoria,BCAugust 7, 2015
Pros: friendly management, awesome co-workers, sense of responsiblity
Cons: no mid-shift breaks, standing for 8 hours, working alone can get boring
its the best starter job
lots of rich experience
i would say i dealt with all types of customers in all types of situations
the environment is very friendly and co-operative,hence there is no 'micro-management'.
Busy fastpaced workplace with a fun environment
Cashier- Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Delta, BCJuly 22, 2015
Worked as a Customer Service Representative/ Cashier Position. Was in charge of daily cash handling, stocking shelves, inventory check, daily cash balances and receipts, lotto sales, Computer Work with Microsoft Office, Opening and Closing the store. Overall this job was a great experience and had a very friendly, outgoing work environment that provided great family-like customer service to each customer even during busy work hours.
Petroleum Engineering Co-op Student (Former Employee), St. John's, NLJuly 20, 2015
Role:

• Supported the Subsurface team with current base business petroleum engineering activities and initiatives, for both Hibernia and Hebron fields.
• Developed Prosper models for the Hibernia Gas Lift Project to reflect current scope and generated a technical forecast for the Gas Lift MCP Lookback. This also included producing a range of lift curve scenarios for all wells that will be retrofitted to include gas lift valves.
• Created a Slot Management and Production Forecasting Tool (based in VBA) for the AC Subsurface team, to centralize and streamline the business plan forecasting and reporting activities for the Hibernia field.
• Responsible for producing the Atlantic Canada Weekly Report each week.
Application Support Role
Application Support Analyst (Contractor) (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJuly 8, 2015
Pros: Great Environment
Cons: No references... :-(
Great place to work. Great people, environment. Co-Workers were a pleasure to work with. Take safety seriously even for desk jockies.
Huge Organisation which pays attention to detail
store manager (Former Employee), Tumbler Ridge, BCMay 25, 2015
Provides outstanding products and services to its customers to their satisfaction levels. Employees are taken care like a family.
Sales, Retail
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCMay 14, 2015
Pros: Long Shifts
Cons: NO Advancement
Up selling and Cross selling made me aware of how to increase daily sales and achieve targets. In addition to my previous experiences this provided me admirable customer service skills.
good location
cashier (Current Employee), Penticton BCApril 2, 2015
Pros: mystery shop opportunities
Cons: seniority
very fast paced job and it taught me to be more on the ball with my time management and thinking skills. It helped me to learn to deal with difficult people and situations. Also taught me a lot of patience working with people. The most enjoyable parts of the job include the entering the details for the gas inventory and paperwork of it all.
productive,
Cashier (Former Employee), Merritt, BCMarch 9, 2015
Pros: nice coworkers
Cons: short hours, small pay
hours went by so fast with how busy it was. i liked being busy.
I learned that i'm better at math now then i was in highschool and that im a very patient person when dealing with miserable customers and did my best to help everyone out. i liked my coworkers they were very nice and easy to talk to. the hardest part of the job wasnt really hard was just annoying to be in the cold freezer for long periods of time stocking and restocking
Cashier
Cashier/Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Coquitlam, BCFebruary 5, 2015
Pros: close to home and free coffee :)
Cons: it is not something i want to do forever. i want a forever job.
typically I run a till, (gas pumps, credit/debit cards, cash) clean and straighten stock on shelves help customers in a fast and friendly manner. Enter in fuel price changes, fuel deliveries, end of day fuel tank readings. At the end of my shift I make sure product is put away ( cigarettes and cash ) the store is clean and ready for the morning shift set the alarm and close the store. Most of my co workers are great people, absolutely fun to work with.

The hardest part of the job is the system ( tills) they use are not efficient they crash often and have to be rebooted, this is frustrating not only for myself but for the customers, because I have to shut everything down and reboot, which takes anywhere from 15 minutes to 30 minutes.
Great Boss , Bad Company
Assistant Manger (Former Employee), Surrey, BCJanuary 13, 2015
It was a great work environment at the location I worked at , We were a family . I advanced fast with my employer , got lots of responsibilities and trust from her. Unfortunately Chevron had alot of changes and we were all laid off . Hardest part of the job was the drunk customers . Always had regular customers it felt like a place of home in the location I worked at .
Good Job
Key Holder (Former Employee), Abbotsford, BCDecember 6, 2014
Pros: 4 days on 4 days off
The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to take home bread garden orders that would expire the next day! I learned knowledge on BCLC lottery tickets. Good experience with co-workers and some of the management team.
was nice to work here
Cashier (Former Employee), Abbotsford, BCJuly 3, 2014
Pros: awesome helpful staff
Cons: long 10 hr graveyards..
Was nice working for the company the three months i was there. dont know if they let me go because holidays were over.. or something else. oh well
Headquarters