Chevron Employee Reviews

Fun
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC8 July 2017
Nice job but less pay with no benefits. Would be fun if it has a proper management but overall the job is good for beginners and for the students who wish to study side by side.
A place that allows you to grow.
Customer Service/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC3 July 2017
One of the main things I learned, is time sensitivity. Most Chevron locations are independently owned and operated, though multiple locations may be owned by the same person. The location I was at was slow enough there was normally only one person on per shift, so you quickly learn how to multi-task and get things done while serving customers. Customers are normally cheery, but occasionally you will run into grumpy customers who are not pleased, as with any customer service roll. They will teach you the basics, and hope for the best. My personal experience, it was not worth the stress.
Pros
1 free slushie or 1 free coffee per day, but you must use your own cup.
Cons
Not much support; doesn't feel like a team environment.
fun place to work
Station Attendant (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC23 May 2017
interact with customers.

help customers pump gas.

cashier.

working in a team environment.

inventory and stock.

clean up gas spills in a safe manor.
Good place to work.
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC9 May 2017
Chevron was a good entry level job. It provided training in customer service and time management skills. It was a gas station so you basically deal with customers all day.
Pros
Free food
Cons
No room for growth
Decent job, bad hours and site management
Gas Attendant (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC3 May 2017
I enjoyed most of the time i spent at Chevron, but I did have my own problems with the store management, who had asked me to bring in something to say i was never going to have another problem with my medical issues so i could return to work after having issues at home. Hardest part would have had to been when it was extremely packed but I pushed through it. Best part was working with my co-workers who were all very helpful and friendly.
Good coworkers and management
Cashier and Full Serve Attendant (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BC20 February 2017
Learned how to work the cash register and brushed up on stocking and inventory skills.
Also learned how to make coffee and work the lottery machine.
Pros
Free Coffee
Cons
No pension
knowledgeable, fun work place, team work, good interpersonal Relationships
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC20 February 2017
There was a busy day at work and same day our store's Grocery and Tobacco order got delivered. I was working in the morning and there was a time to get off from work I was fixing groceries and my Boss just entered in the Store. Evening shift staff also came in. I, my Boss and Evening Stall worked as a Team and everything was done very easily and in order. Then my Boss ordered the Pizza and we all had fun day at work. I am really thankful to all my Chevron Team.
Pros
$50 Gift cards to each staff on Christmas, new year etc. 25% discount for each staff from their Triple O's Restaurant they own.
Convience
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC9 February 2017
Day at work is to show up, serve customers, clean & stock.
Management work was to do paperwork, count cash & clean.
Management was both good and bad. Depends on her mood.
Pros
Good owner
Cons
No benefits, no discounts in store
Very good company with great corporate culture and diversification of opportunities in the company.
Facilities Engineer (Current Employee) –  Calgary29 November 2016
Great new graduate program and development opportunities for young professionals, with office and field exposure. Good culture and lots of opportunities to network with other employees and develop relationships with coworkers not only at work, but outside of work. Good mentorship provided and feedback on performance throughout the year.
Very restricted working enviroment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC31 October 2016
Chevron Canada is a very large company, however it is extremely hard to advance within. The work itself is quite simple and easy to master. However, once you know the basics, there is hardly any more learning to be done. There is no real way to earn any sort of advancement, and over all is a decent first or short-term job.
Pros
Very simple work
Cons
No breaks, boring shifts, poor management
Good
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Fort St. John, BC30 October 2016
Nice management but the location is worst during winter time.. and it runs by others person.. and they are reducing the per hour rate.. from 12 to 11.25 ..
Good
Cons
Shory hours
Excellent place to start work to improve Customer Service Skills
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC12 September 2016
A typical day at work will be so lively as there will b continuous flow of customers. I started my career in customer service to improve my communication skills, which i think i accomplished it. At any work place the co workers and Management makes a huge impact on our work ability and I am thankful that i got the perfect working environment. The most enjoyable part in this work is customer service and meeting my goals.
learning with enjoy
Associate Cashier (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC9 September 2016
I am enjoying dealing with customers. I love to deal with people from different countries. I learn how to operate point of sale machine and stock up of products. I can manage customers at two till machines to prevent line up of customers. When customer wish me back with a big smile, give pleasure state. My co-workers are friendly. I enjoy the company of them. No specific break time for breakfast or lunch.
gas,junk food, and drinks
Cashier (Former Employee) –  white rock B.C.24 August 2016
i liked working there. i have learn so much from there. the only i had to leave there was because the owner had to sell the store. but overall i liked working there.
Lessons for future to grow and learn.
Customer service and Manager (Former Employee) –  New Westminster, BC18 August 2016
Learned a lot about delegation of authority and responsibility, training new employees, working with people from different culture, provide excellent customer service and respect everyone's views, lead by example and more.
very interesting place to work
Chashier and full server (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BC5 July 2016
I really like the maintenance of the gas station and and the rules and regulations are pretty good. I liked working at chevron gas station because of very friendly behaviour with costumers and staff. And also the way helping the costumer.
work work and work
Retail Sales Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC15 June 2016
you have to work hard to keep your store clean.you have to impress the supervisor so that owner wont loose the store.
Great company
Project Control Analyst (Current Employee) –  Venezuela13 June 2016
a multinational company that gives you the opportunity to learn lots of good stuff, what';s the core business and how you impact into it if you dont'get the job done. a place when you can meet the entire world since its culture diversity allow you to meet people and strength great work relatioship.
Pros
overseas training, technology reasources, work relationship
Cons
things get a bit harder when oil prices dictate the economics of the company
chevron town pantry
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC28 May 2016
I was a full time csr at chevron in Langley bc. I enjoyed working with all those great people. Working there for awhile I got to meet a lot of great people I now call my friends.
Like a fun and productive workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC23 May 2016
My main objective as an employee, and where I gained the most enjoyment was when you could work as a team to make the workplace the most positive environment possible. the frustration, is that many workers, lack sufficient organizational skills, and the anything will do attitude. I like doing tasks that have a good before and after affect. Where you get a true sense of accomplishment. I enjoy customer service, providing efficient , effective customer interaction. I like it when it is busy, providing we have the proper staffing, so that customer service is not sacrificed . As a manager, I like to delegate, cross train employees, I have noticed that some managers are micro managers, and fail to delegate, therefore not giving their staff the proper opportunity to show their stuff and potential. Give the staff a chance to take on responsibility , their job becomes more interesting and it promotes the team concept.
Pros
na
Cons
wages are lower than the industry standard

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chevron. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval