Chevron Employee Reviews

Good place to work.
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC9 May 2017
Chevron was a good entry level job. It provided training in customer service and time management skills. It was a gas station so you basically deal with customers all day.
Pros
Free food
Cons
No room for growth
Decent job, bad hours and site management
Gas Attendant (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC3 May 2017
I enjoyed most of the time i spent at Chevron, but I did have my own problems with the store management, who had asked me to bring in something to say i was never going to have another problem with my medical issues so i could return to work after having issues at home. Hardest part would have had to been when it was extremely packed but I pushed through it. Best part was working with my co-workers who were all very helpful and friendly.
Good coworkers and management
Cashier and Full Serve Attendant (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BC20 February 2017
Learned how to work the cash register and brushed up on stocking and inventory skills.
Also learned how to make coffee and work the lottery machine.
Pros
Free Coffee
Cons
No pension
Convience
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC9 February 2017
Day at work is to show up, serve customers, clean & stock.
Management work was to do paperwork, count cash & clean.
Management was both good and bad. Depends on her mood.
Pros
Good owner
Cons
No benefits, no discounts in store
Very good company with great corporate culture and diversification of opportunities in the company.
Facilities Engineer (Current Employee) –  Calgary29 November 2016
Great new graduate program and development opportunities for young professionals, with office and field exposure. Good culture and lots of opportunities to network with other employees and develop relationships with coworkers not only at work, but outside of work. Good mentorship provided and feedback on performance throughout the year.
Very restricted working enviroment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC31 October 2016
Chevron Canada is a very large company, however it is extremely hard to advance within. The work itself is quite simple and easy to master. However, once you know the basics, there is hardly any more learning to be done. There is no real way to earn any sort of advancement, and over all is a decent first or short-term job.
Pros
Very simple work
Cons
No breaks, boring shifts, poor management
Good
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Fort St. John, BC30 October 2016
Nice management but the location is worst during winter time.. and it runs by others person.. and they are reducing the per hour rate.. from 12 to 11.25 ..
Good
Cons
Shory hours
Excellent place to start work to improve Customer Service Skills
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC12 September 2016
A typical day at work will be so lively as there will b continuous flow of customers. I started my career in customer service to improve my communication skills, which i think i accomplished it. At any work place the co workers and Management makes a huge impact on our work ability and I am thankful that i got the perfect working environment. The most enjoyable part in this work is customer service and meeting my goals.
learning with enjoy
Associate Cashier (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC9 September 2016
I am enjoying dealing with customers. I love to deal with people from different countries. I learn how to operate point of sale machine and stock up of products. I can manage customers at two till machines to prevent line up of customers. When customer wish me back with a big smile, give pleasure state. My co-workers are friendly. I enjoy the company of them. No specific break time for breakfast or lunch.
gas,junk food, and drinks
Cashier (Former Employee) –  white rock B.C.24 August 2016
i liked working there. i have learn so much from there. the only i had to leave there was because the owner had to sell the store. but overall i liked working there.
Lessons for future to grow and learn.
Customer service and Manager (Former Employee) –  New Westminster, BC18 August 2016
Learned a lot about delegation of authority and responsibility, training new employees, working with people from different culture, provide excellent customer service and respect everyone's views, lead by example and more.
Great company
Project Control Analyst (Current Employee) –  Venezuela13 June 2016
a multinational company that gives you the opportunity to learn lots of good stuff, what';s the core business and how you impact into it if you dont'get the job done. a place when you can meet the entire world since its culture diversity allow you to meet people and strength great work relatioship.
Pros
overseas training, technology reasources, work relationship
Cons
things get a bit harder when oil prices dictate the economics of the company
chevron town pantry
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC28 May 2016
I was a full time csr at chevron in Langley bc. I enjoyed working with all those great people. Working there for awhile I got to meet a lot of great people I now call my friends.
Like a fun and productive workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC23 May 2016
My main objective as an employee, and where I gained the most enjoyment was when you could work as a team to make the workplace the most positive environment possible. the frustration, is that many workers, lack sufficient organizational skills, and the anything will do attitude. I like doing tasks that have a good before and after affect. Where you get a true sense of accomplishment. I enjoy customer service, providing efficient , effective customer interaction. I like it when it is busy, providing we have the proper staffing, so that customer service is not sacrificed . As a manager, I like to delegate, cross train employees, I have noticed that some managers are micro managers, and fail to delegate, therefore not giving their staff the proper opportunity to show their stuff and potential. Give the staff a chance to take on responsibility , their job becomes more interesting and it promotes the team concept.
Pros
na
Cons
wages are lower than the industry standard
Seemed like a good company at the time....
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 May 2016
My personal experience was not a good one. The "Chevron Way" by some management was just talk. Overall it is a good company but in our present economy there were definitely challenging times.
Pros
Every second Friday off
productive and fun
Manager (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC5 May 2016
Chevron offers a truly global and collaborative work experience. You'll team up with some of the best and brightest people in locations around the world using leading edge technology to create energy solutions. And you'll discover a world of extraordinary opportunity, challenge and fulfillment where you can pursue goals, develop new skills, change career paths, and explore new horizons.
Pros
free gas
Cons
work 7 days
Great Company - tough oil environment
HES Specialist (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB23 April 2016
Chevron is a wonderful company but unfortunately like others in the Energy market faces some tough climate in the near future.
Employment
System Analyst and Wam (Former Employee) –  Canada22 April 2016
I need this Job please.To continue to give my contribution to your company because it builds on noted much in desenvolvimeto and customer satisfaction. That way I like new challenges.
Pros
10h00
Looking for New Career Opportunities
Special Projects Drilling Engineer (Current Employee) –  West Africa9 March 2016
Chevron operates responsibly, generally treats their employee fairly, but is slow on making decisions and it's Managerial Capability leaves a lot to be desired.
The perfect fit to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC22 February 2016
Work place is people oriented, selfmotivated, dependable, able to work effectively and safely in a fast-paced environment while maintaining 100% total customer focus.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chevron. Our community is ready to answer.