Chevron

Chevron Employee Reviews

Great boss and customers
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Duncan, BCNovember 15, 2015
Awesome boss! Very busy location with great customers and co-workers. Too bad the owner is no longer there, him and his wife were great to work for. Was moving and had to leave.
Pros
Great boss and customers
Great pay, weak management
IT (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABNovember 3, 2015
Worked many years at Chevron, unfortunately it went from the best place that I ever had the privilege of working to one of the worst. Weak, micromanaging and uncommunicative supervisors have taken hold and brought the company down. It's really too bad.
Pros
Pay, benefits
Cons
Lots of hours, management
customer serivce
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Maple Ridge, BCOctober 9, 2015
enjoyed the hours that I worked early mornings and still had the rest of the day to enjoy. learn how to deal with customers and doing payments In a hurry. I also enjoyed working with other staff members.
Pros
good hours
Cons
fun and friendly work environment
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Victoria,BCAugust 7, 2015
its the best starter job
lots of rich experience
i would say i dealt with all types of customers in all types of situations
the environment is very friendly and co-operative,hence there is no 'micro-management'.
Pros
friendly management, awesome co-workers, sense of responsiblity
Cons
no mid-shift breaks, standing for 8 hours, working alone can get boring
Busy fastpaced workplace with a fun environment
Cashier- Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Delta, BCJuly 22, 2015
Worked as a Customer Service Representative/ Cashier Position. Was in charge of daily cash handling, stocking shelves, inventory check, daily cash balances and receipts, lotto sales, Computer Work with Microsoft Office, Opening and Closing the store. Overall this job was a great experience and had a very friendly, outgoing work environment that provided great family-like customer service to each customer even during busy work hours.
Petroleum Engineering Co-op Student (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NLJuly 20, 2015
Role:

• Supported the Subsurface team with current base business petroleum engineering activities and initiatives, for both Hibernia and Hebron fields.
• Developed Prosper models for the Hibernia Gas Lift Project to reflect current scope and generated a technical forecast for the Gas Lift MCP Lookback. This also included producing a range of lift curve scenarios for all wells that will be retrofitted to include gas lift valves.
• Created a Slot Management and Production Forecasting Tool (based in VBA) for the AC Subsurface team, to centralize and streamline the business plan forecasting and reporting activities for the Hibernia field.
• Responsible for producing the Atlantic Canada Weekly Report each week.
Application Support Role
Application Support Analyst (Contractor) (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJuly 8, 2015
Great place to work. Great people, environment. Co-Workers were a pleasure to work with. Take safety seriously even for desk jockies.
Pros
Great Environment
Cons
No references... :-(
Huge Organisation which pays attention to detail
store manager (Former Employee) –  Tumbler Ridge, BCMay 25, 2015
Provides outstanding products and services to its customers to their satisfaction levels. Employees are taken care like a family.
Sales, Retail
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCMay 14, 2015
Up selling and Cross selling made me aware of how to increase daily sales and achieve targets. In addition to my previous experiences this provided me admirable customer service skills.
Pros
Long Shifts
Cons
NO Advancement
good location
cashier (Current Employee) –  Penticton BCApril 2, 2015
very fast paced job and it taught me to be more on the ball with my time management and thinking skills. It helped me to learn to deal with difficult people and situations. Also taught me a lot of patience working with people. The most enjoyable parts of the job include the entering the details for the gas inventory and paperwork of it all.
Pros
mystery shop opportunities
Cons
seniority
productive,
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Merritt, BCMarch 9, 2015
hours went by so fast with how busy it was. i liked being busy.
I learned that i'm better at math now then i was in highschool and that im a very patient person when dealing with miserable customers and did my best to help everyone out. i liked my coworkers they were very nice and easy to talk to. the hardest part of the job wasnt really hard was just annoying to be in the cold freezer for long periods of time stocking and restocking
Pros
nice coworkers
Cons
short hours, small pay
Cashier
Cashier/Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Coquitlam, BCFebruary 5, 2015
typically I run a till, (gas pumps, credit/debit cards, cash) clean and straighten stock on shelves help customers in a fast and friendly manner. Enter in fuel price changes, fuel deliveries, end of day fuel tank readings. At the end of my shift I make sure product is put away ( cigarettes and cash ) the store is clean and ready for the morning shift set the alarm and close the store. Most of my co workers are great people, absolutely fun to work with.

The hardest part of the job is the system ( tills) they use are not efficient they crash often and have to be rebooted, this is frustrating not only for myself but for the customers, because I have to shut everything down and reboot, which takes anywhere from 15 minutes to 30 minutes.
Pros
close to home and free coffee :)
Cons
it is not something i want to do forever. i want a forever job.
Great Boss , Bad Company
Assistant Manger (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BCJanuary 13, 2015
It was a great work environment at the location I worked at , We were a family . I advanced fast with my employer , got lots of responsibilities and trust from her. Unfortunately Chevron had alot of changes and we were all laid off . Hardest part of the job was the drunk customers . Always had regular customers it felt like a place of home in the location I worked at .
Good Job
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BCDecember 6, 2014
The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to take home bread garden orders that would expire the next day! I learned knowledge on BCLC lottery tickets. Good experience with co-workers and some of the management team.
Pros
4 days on 4 days off
was nice to work here
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BCJuly 3, 2014
Was nice working for the company the three months i was there. dont know if they let me go because holidays were over.. or something else. oh well
Pros
awesome helpful staff
Cons
long 10 hr graveyards..
Good Learning experience
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BCApril 13, 2014
A great first job for anyone teaches them valuable lessons so they can avoid them in the future, and come out a better person
Pros
discounts are ok
Cons
management need improvment
ok place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BCMarch 30, 2014
not a bad place to work, deal with a lot of rude people it seems, although that's every customer service job i guess.
good learning environment
System Administrator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJanuary 21, 2014
learnt lots, given challenges was great place to work provide work to life balance, training opps, etc.
I loved working at Chevron
Cashier (Former Employee) –  AbbotsfordDecember 6, 2013
I understood my job well, loved my boss and the people I worked with and would go back to work if there was a place for me.
easygoing place to be
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BCNovember 28, 2013
I was only at Chevron for a couple weeks for a school placement work experience to help me find a job and to see what its like in the real world.
Pros
co-workers were very nice