Chevron Employee Reviews

Fun enviroment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Nanoose Bay, BC16 February 2018
Overall very fun place to work. Staff members are very outgoing nd super helpful. They are very flexible with your university hours if you go to school as I did as a full time student. They are very pleasant and are willing to answer any questions you may have.
Great Company
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB4 February 2018
I would work for Chevron again if the opportunity came up. Great work life balance. They offer amazing training opportunities. They would be my number one company to work for
It was a great place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC4 February 2018
It was a great place to work with people from different backgrounds and attending customers with different needs. I worked there for more than a year and at the end I was very satisfied to work there.
Great company
Contract Production Operator (Former Employee) –  Fox Creek, AB30 January 2018
Day to day operations of high producing wells was a challenge and book work was also abundant. The new wells are coming online a a fast rate creating problems for operations and new challenges.
Employees are friendly
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  North Vancouver, BC14 January 2018
Working in Chevron is not easy as what others think, because you have to deal with all the customers that are coming, but overall it was fun working there. employees are very friendly and the management also offer you to take a certificate on fire safety.
Pros
Fire Safety Certification
Cons
lots of inventories
excellent environment an oil & gas energy giant
Process Engineer (Former Employee) –  Escravos17 December 2017
excellent place to work generally, a company built over the years on the shoulders of excellent workers, it has a good culture (THE CHEVRON WAY). A lot of this is getting eroded in recent years.
Pros
work culture, work/life balance, good pay
Cons
some very wrong management. value system is been eroded. instability caused by frequent layoffs
It was good
Business owner (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC21 November 2017
I ran the place as a small business. So of course I would say it was pretty good. lol. I tried to treat my staff well and thus I had a pretty low turnover.
Pros
Great boss (me)
Cons
Long hours, very little time off.
It was good
Lotto machine operator (Former Employee) –  Cache Creek, BC20 November 2017
I did enjoy working here. Always 8 hour shifts and the management was very understanding of personal problems. You worked alone for most of the shift so having an independent mindset is needed
Pros
good hours
Cons
long hours and odd shifts
The People make the Job
Gas Station Attendant (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BC14 November 2017
The job is not difficult. However, customer relations is a big part of it, and if that is neglected, it leads to an unsatisfying and dry working environment. It trains one to interact with people from different walks of life and occasionally learn a great deal from them. Although is not highly paid (some might say, very badly indeed), if one does it for a limited period of time, it is bound to make one more appreciative of the nuances of the daily
productive
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC13 November 2017
-Even with a small gas station , one needs to find work in order to learn more
- i learnt how to be quick with every task i was given and making sure on maintaining good customer service
Pros
friendly mentor
Cons
chevron shirts were in a very inappropriate state .
Consistent work and always with a team
SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC31 October 2017
The Chevron is well organized company and I worked with the company consistently for almost 2 years.
The best part is always working with in a team.
The hard part is sometimes the language barriers like some people does not know English well, so sometimes it becomes hard to understand them. However, it teaches you how to handle them with proper manners and with excellent service.
The most enjoyable part is to work with the people from different parts of the world.
Fun part-time job
Full Gas Station Attendant (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC4 October 2017
It is a fun part-time job or second job for extra money. Get to meet lots of new people. As i said it is a fun job, smile and greet people and you will have a good time.
Productive place, Nights
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC27 August 2017
In Chevron I used to work as cashier and normally I have to do the night shifts so I have a good hand on cleaning stuff as well, also this job give me good experience of customer service.
pretty cool
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Revelstoke, BC3 August 2017
it was really fun working there very laid back and easy i enjoyed it alot the only bad thing was how rude people were sometimes it was worse than any other job
Not worth the stress
Employee (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BC31 July 2017
No benefits, minimum wage, with no chance to work your way up. It's stressful always cleaning up other peoples messes, and having to deal with customers that don't understand how payment systems work and demand to speak with management that isn't there.
The Company who does the right thing at the right time
Senior Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  National Capital Region31 July 2017
To do one's task in accordance with the values and operational excellence of the company which are work with diversity and inclusion, high performance, customer focus, safety and work-life balance
Pros
safety and work-life balance
I enjoyed working for Chavron,
Supervisor of Operations (Former Employee) –  Fox Creek, AB14 July 2017
Chevron management treated me with respect and appreciated the work I did for them. They included their contractors in all events such as Christmas parties, barbecues, camp outs, golf tournaments etc.
I was also supplied with some PPE such as coveralls and paid for safety courses.
I enjoyed working for Chevron.
Pros
Chevron rewarded me as a contractor the same as their full time employees.
Cons
There was no serious cons during my employment with Chevron.
Fun
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC8 July 2017
Nice job but less pay with no benefits. Would be fun if it has a proper management but overall the job is good for beginners and for the students who wish to study side by side.
A place that allows you to grow.
Customer Service/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC3 July 2017
One of the main things I learned, is time sensitivity. Most Chevron locations are independently owned and operated, though multiple locations may be owned by the same person. The location I was at was slow enough there was normally only one person on per shift, so you quickly learn how to multi-task and get things done while serving customers. Customers are normally cheery, but occasionally you will run into grumpy customers who are not pleased, as with any customer service roll. They will teach you the basics, and hope for the best. My personal experience, it was not worth the stress.
Pros
1 free slushie or 1 free coffee per day, but you must use your own cup.
Cons
Not much support; doesn't feel like a team environment.
Good work culture
Supervisor/Manager (Current Employee) –  Trail, BC3 June 2017
working is always fun here people are friendly and cooperative
loved the environment ,learned lots of things , got exposure

meet with different people everyday that enhanced my interpersonal skills

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chevron. Our community is ready to answer.