Chevron

Chevron Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Busy fastpaced workplace with a fun environment
Cashier- Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Delta, BCJuly 22, 2015
Worked as a Customer Service Representative/ Cashier Position. Was in charge of daily cash handling, stocking shelves, inventory check, daily cash balances and receipts, lotto sales, Computer Work with Microsoft Office, Opening and Closing the store. Overall this job was a great experience and had a very friendly, outgoing work environment that provided great family-like customer service to each customer even during busy work hours.
Petroleum Engineering Co-op Student (Former Employee), St. John's, NLJuly 20, 2015
Role:

• Supported the Subsurface team with current base business petroleum engineering activities and initiatives, for both Hibernia and Hebron fields.
• Developed Prosper models for the Hibernia Gas Lift Project to reflect current scope and generated a technical forecast for the Gas Lift MCP Lookback. This also included producing a range of lift curve scenarios for all wells that will be retrofitted to include gas lift valves.
• Created a Slot Management and Production Forecasting Tool (based in VBA) for the AC Subsurface team, to centralize and streamline the business plan forecasting and reporting activities for the Hibernia field.
• Responsible for producing the Atlantic Canada Weekly Report each week.
Application Support Role
Application Support Analyst (Contractor) (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJuly 8, 2015
Pros: Great Environment
Cons: No references... :-(
Great place to work. Great people, environment. Co-Workers were a pleasure to work with. Take safety seriously even for desk jockies.
Huge Organisation which pays attention to detail
store manager (Former Employee), Tumbler Ridge, BCMay 25, 2015
Provides outstanding products and services to its customers to their satisfaction levels. Employees are taken care like a family.
Sales, Retail
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCMay 14, 2015
Pros: Long Shifts
Cons: NO Advancement
Up selling and Cross selling made me aware of how to increase daily sales and achieve targets. In addition to my previous experiences this provided me admirable customer service skills.
good location
cashier (Current Employee), Penticton BCApril 2, 2015
Pros: mystery shop opportunities
Cons: seniority
very fast paced job and it taught me to be more on the ball with my time management and thinking skills. It helped me to learn to deal with difficult people and situations. Also taught me a lot of patience working with people. The most enjoyable parts of the job include the entering the details for the gas inventory and paperwork of it all.
productive,
Cashier (Former Employee), Merritt, BCMarch 9, 2015
Pros: nice coworkers
Cons: short hours, small pay
hours went by so fast with how busy it was. i liked being busy.
I learned that i'm better at math now then i was in highschool and that im a very patient person when dealing with miserable customers and did my best to help everyone out. i liked my coworkers they were very nice and easy to talk to. the hardest part of the job wasnt really hard was just annoying to be in the cold freezer for long periods of time stocking and restocking
Cashier
Cashier/Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Coquitlam, BCFebruary 5, 2015
Pros: close to home and free coffee :)
Cons: it is not something i want to do forever. i want a forever job.
typically I run a till, (gas pumps, credit/debit cards, cash) clean and straighten stock on shelves help customers in a fast and friendly manner. Enter in fuel price changes, fuel deliveries, end of day fuel tank readings. At the end of my shift I make sure product is put away ( cigarettes and cash ) the store is clean and ready for the morning shift set the alarm and close the store. Most of my co workers are great people, absolutely fun to work with.

The hardest part of the job is the system ( tills) they use are not efficient they crash often and have to be rebooted, this is frustrating not only for myself but for the customers, because I have to shut everything down and reboot, which takes anywhere from 15 minutes to 30 minutes.
Great Boss , Bad Company
Assistant Manger (Former Employee), Surrey, BCJanuary 13, 2015
It was a great work environment at the location I worked at , We were a family . I advanced fast with my employer , got lots of responsibilities and trust from her. Unfortunately Chevron had alot of changes and we were all laid off . Hardest part of the job was the drunk customers . Always had regular customers it felt like a place of home in the location I worked at .
Good Job
Key Holder (Former Employee), Abbotsford, BCDecember 6, 2014
Pros: 4 days on 4 days off
The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to take home bread garden orders that would expire the next day! I learned knowledge on BCLC lottery tickets. Good experience with co-workers and some of the management team.
was nice to work here
Cashier (Former Employee), Abbotsford, BCJuly 3, 2014
Pros: awesome helpful staff
Cons: long 10 hr graveyards..
Was nice working for the company the three months i was there. dont know if they let me go because holidays were over.. or something else. oh well
Good Learning experience
Line Cook (Former Employee), Chilliwack, BCApril 13, 2014
Pros: discounts are ok
Cons: management need improvment
A great first job for anyone teaches them valuable lessons so they can avoid them in the future, and come out a better person
ok place to work
Cashier (Former Employee), Kamloops, BCMarch 30, 2014
not a bad place to work, deal with a lot of rude people it seems, although that's every customer service job i guess.
good learning environment
System Administrator (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 21, 2014
learnt lots, given challenges was great place to work provide work to life balance, training opps, etc.
I loved working at Chevron
Cashier (Former Employee), AbbotsfordDecember 6, 2013
I understood my job well, loved my boss and the people I worked with and would go back to work if there was a place for me.
easygoing place to be
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Surrey, BCNovember 28, 2013
Pros: co-workers were very nice
I was only at Chevron for a couple weeks for a school placement work experience to help me find a job and to see what its like in the real world.
excellent caring boss
Night station attendant and cashier (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCSeptember 16, 2013
Pros: good coworkers
Cons: getting held up at gun point
With the exception of the dangers of working around a neighborhood with lots of drug addicts and getting held up it's a very good place to work for.
Great workplace that supports a blanace of school and work
Cashier (Current Employee), langley, bcJuly 30, 2013
Pros: flexibility, reliability
Cons: low pay
I have a great manager and boss, the company is well run and the employees are all heard working and strong team players. We have become a great family at chevron. They have all supported me when i needed it and adjusted their schedules to work with mine.
customer service repersentative
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), surrey, bcMarch 8, 2013
- interaction with different people
- No job security
- Learning alot everyday
Chevron
Cashier (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCFebruary 25, 2013
Pros: very fun work environment, flexible hrs, overtime.
Cons: dangerous neighborhood, high roll over
A typical day at chevron is all about the customers. Ringing in all sales at the cash register, giving directions, full service gas station, maintaining cleanliness of store, keeping coffee pots full, stocking selves, keeping track of inventory and balancing the till at end of shift
Located on Hastings just off Clarke makes always for an interesting shift. Many drug addicts and criminals in this area that the staff have to tolerate, making sure that no thefts happen during our shifts. Quite a few armed robberies have also gone on during my time there so interaction with police does happen. The roll over rate at this location was also high so I was constantly training new employees. I was mainly stationed at this location but worked at both from time to time, there are two Chevrons a few blocks apart with the same owner. I'd also work many overtime hour each week for those who didn't show up to work, lots of double shifts.
Headquarters