Chevron Employee Reviews in Canada

chevron town pantry
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Langley, BCMay 28, 2016
I was a full time csr at chevron in Langley bc. I enjoyed working with all those great people. Working there for awhile I got to meet a lot of great people I now call my friends.
Like a fun and productive workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BCMay 23, 2016
My main objective as an employee, and where I gained the most enjoyment was when you could work as a team to make the workplace the most positive environment possible. the frustration, is that many workers, lack sufficient organizational skills, and the anything will do attitude. I like doing tasks that have a good before and after affect. Where you get a true sense of accomplishment. I enjoy customer service, providing efficient , effective customer interaction. I like it when it is busy, providing we have the proper staffing, so that customer service is not sacrificed . As a manager, I like to delegate, cross train employees, I have noticed that some managers are micro managers, and fail to delegate, therefore not giving their staff the proper opportunity to show their stuff and potential. Give the staff a chance to take on responsibility , their job becomes more interesting and it promotes the team concept.
Pros
na
Cons
wages are lower than the industry standard
Seemed like a good company at the time....
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 19, 2016
My personal experience was not a good one. The "Chevron Way" by some management was just talk. Overall it is a good company but in our present economy there were definitely challenging times.
Pros
Every second Friday off
productive and fun
Manager (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BCMay 5, 2016
Chevron offers a truly global and collaborative work experience. You'll team up with some of the best and brightest people in locations around the world using leading edge technology to create energy solutions. And you'll discover a world of extraordinary opportunity, challenge and fulfillment where you can pursue goals, develop new skills, change career paths, and explore new horizons.
Pros
free gas
Cons
work 7 days
Great Company - tough oil environment
HES Specialist (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 23, 2016
Chevron is a wonderful company but unfortunately like others in the Energy market faces some tough climate in the near future.
Employment
System Analyst and Wam (Former Employee) –  CanadaApril 22, 2016
I need this Job please.To continue to give my contribution to your company because it builds on noted much in desenvolvimeto and customer satisfaction. That way I like new challenges.
Pros
10h00
Looking for New Career Opportunities
Special Projects Drilling Engineer (Current Employee) –  West AfricaMarch 9, 2016
Chevron operates responsibly, generally treats their employee fairly, but is slow on making decisions and it's Managerial Capability leaves a lot to be desired.
The perfect fit to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCFebruary 22, 2016
Work place is people oriented, selfmotivated, dependable, able to work effectively and safely in a fast-paced environment while maintaining 100% total customer focus.
Good Company
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BCFebruary 21, 2016
Its good working as a Cashier in Gas Station. Management is good but Growth is slow as u can only become supervisor. and flexible timings.
Pros
Cons
Growth
No Growth
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCDecember 18, 2015
I learned that working for this company it only a job not a career and will not help me get up in the corporate latter and becoming financially stable .I believe that management at this company is impossible not working with object.
Great boss and customers
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Duncan, BCNovember 15, 2015
Awesome boss! Very busy location with great customers and co-workers. Too bad the owner is no longer there, him and his wife were great to work for. Was moving and had to leave.
Pros
Great boss and customers
Great pay, weak management
IT (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABNovember 3, 2015
Worked many years at Chevron, unfortunately it went from the best place that I ever had the privilege of working to one of the worst. Weak, micromanaging and uncommunicative supervisors have taken hold and brought the company down. It's really too bad.
Pros
Pay, benefits
Cons
Lots of hours, management
customer serivce
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Maple Ridge, BCOctober 9, 2015
enjoyed the hours that I worked early mornings and still had the rest of the day to enjoy. learn how to deal with customers and doing payments In a hurry. I also enjoyed working with other staff members.
Pros
good hours
Cons
fun and friendly work environment
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Victoria,BCAugust 7, 2015
its the best starter job
lots of rich experience
i would say i dealt with all types of customers in all types of situations
the environment is very friendly and co-operative,hence there is no 'micro-management'.
Pros
friendly management, awesome co-workers, sense of responsiblity
Cons
no mid-shift breaks, standing for 8 hours, working alone can get boring
Busy fastpaced workplace with a fun environment
Cashier- Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Delta, BCJuly 22, 2015
Worked as a Customer Service Representative/ Cashier Position. Was in charge of daily cash handling, stocking shelves, inventory check, daily cash balances and receipts, lotto sales, Computer Work with Microsoft Office, Opening and Closing the store. Overall this job was a great experience and had a very friendly, outgoing work environment that provided great family-like customer service to each customer even during busy work hours.
Petroleum Engineering Co-op Student (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NLJuly 20, 2015
Role:

• Supported the Subsurface team with current base business petroleum engineering activities and initiatives, for both Hibernia and Hebron fields.
• Developed Prosper models for the Hibernia Gas Lift Project to reflect current scope and generated a technical forecast for the Gas Lift MCP Lookback. This also included producing a range of lift curve scenarios for all wells that will be retrofitted to include gas lift valves.
• Created a Slot Management and Production Forecasting Tool (based in VBA) for the AC Subsurface team, to centralize and streamline the business plan forecasting and reporting activities for the Hibernia field.
• Responsible for producing the Atlantic Canada Weekly Report each week.
Application Support Role
Application Support Analyst (Contractor) (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJuly 8, 2015
Great place to work. Great people, environment. Co-Workers were a pleasure to work with. Take safety seriously even for desk jockies.
Pros
Great Environment
Cons
No references... :-(
Huge Organisation which pays attention to detail
store manager (Former Employee) –  Tumbler Ridge, BCMay 25, 2015
Provides outstanding products and services to its customers to their satisfaction levels. Employees are taken care like a family.
Sales, Retail
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCMay 14, 2015
Up selling and Cross selling made me aware of how to increase daily sales and achieve targets. In addition to my previous experiences this provided me admirable customer service skills.
Pros
Long Shifts
Cons
NO Advancement
good location
cashier (Current Employee) –  Penticton BCApril 2, 2015
very fast paced job and it taught me to be more on the ball with my time management and thinking skills. It helped me to learn to deal with difficult people and situations. Also taught me a lot of patience working with people. The most enjoyable parts of the job include the entering the details for the gas inventory and paperwork of it all.
Pros
mystery shop opportunities
Cons
seniority