CHET TV is a community-based television station licensed by the CRTC specialising in local programs about the community of Chetwynd and the surrounding areas. CHET TV is on air in the community, on Channel 40 on local cable and on Channel 655 on Bell Satellite TV. CHET TV works in tandem with Peace FM, a community radio station.
The Associate Producer will have a strong video production and editing background coupled with the ability to multi-task in a television production environment. The successful applicant will work with our senior producer to generate, produce and coordinate local programming.
The Associate Producer must be technically competent to assist in broadcast technology. Community TV is exciting and on the leading edge of expansion and a competent associate is needed at our studios and to work as a team member.
The Successful Candidate will:
- Videotape, edit, and report community news and events, conduct interviews and create story ideas for broadcast using our HD format.
- Produce, videotape and edit community and corporate videos
- Do reads and an occasional shift on air at Peace FM
- Represent CHET TV and Peace FM at community events.
- Program shows on community TV;
- Have the ability to be self-motivated, independent and creative.
- Degree or Diploma from a Video or Television program
- Camera operating experience is a must!
- Non Linear Editing experience; experience with Edius an asset
- Graphics experience with Photoshop is important.
- Website design and HTML experience an asset
We are inviting you to apply immediately so that training can start immediately. If you are eligible for EI, please indicate this when you apply by email.
CHET TV has an excellent health package and a progressive salary schedule, plus a furnished apartment is waiting our new employee.