Chemtrade Logistics Employee Reviews

was a night mare after chemtrade toke over
Maintenance Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB22 November 2016
no thought put into there safety for the maintenance personal
not a safe place to work
the only thing that they care about is covering there own butts, safety was a joke there.
would not recommended any one to work there
Pros
close to home
Cons
not a safe place to work
Various functions typical of a plant manager
Plant Manager - Acid Plant (Current Employee) –  Prince George, BC28 February 2016
Includes everything from budget management, review of productivity and plant costs, ensuring safety and environmental compliance, plant reliability, developing and mentoring people, ensuring product quality, ensuring a viable operation, capital execution, technical oversight of plant operations and so forth.
Pros
the people at the plant are exceptional
Cons
excessive hours
Great boss, great people, fun work atmosphere
Customer Service & Logistics (Former Employee) –  Fort Saskatchewan, AB29 March 2014
Corporate restructuring resulted in entire department being laid off. Got the news on Tuesday but did not find out how this would affect us for over a week. A week of hell, very badly handled by HR.
Pros
Great benefits and people
Cons
Unevenly distributed workloads, minimal training
Good Workplace
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB28 April 2014
I worked here as a contracted labourer because the official employers are not labours by default. I would arrive at Syncrude and the Official Employer would pick me up and drive me to the work site. We would be debriefed on our objectives for the day and then we would wear our protective equipment and would go right on site. Basically we the labourers would clean up the ammonium sulfate residue on the site and pile them up for the caterpillar to take them out to waste by the end of the day. Co-Workers would be randomly paired and I had no problem with any of them for we all did our part. Hardest part of the job was the repetition which was always about shoveling and it would be quite a strain on the back but if you were fit and had pre-workout before the work, then it wouldn't be bothersome. But in end you gotta do what you gotta do and we finished all our work on time. But the people you worked for always was the enjoyable part of the job. A simple compliment would make you work a lot better in the end of the day.
Pros
Great People and Workplace
Cons
Labourers are only stuck on clean duty therefore repetitive work and not much experience
Great company culture
Supply Chain Assistant/Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 October 2012
Managed up to 20,838 tons of sulfur products every month with the value of over CAD $3.5 million