We are seeking a motivated professional to assume the following role:
Reporting to the Office Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for the general cleaning and maintenance of the inside and outside building areas.
The Key Responsibilities of the Custodian are:
- Clean and disinfect washrooms and change rooms
- Order and replenish supplies for washrooms and office areas
- Keep the kitchen area clean, disinfected and tidy
- Order and replenish coffee supplies
- Dust, vacuum and mop reception area, offices, labs, warehouse, washrooms, change rooms, kitchen etc.
- Empty waste baskets and garbage bins
- Clean windows
- Landscaping when needed
- Snow removal and salt application when required
- Perform minor repairs when necessary
- Wash and deodorize carpets when needed
- Maintain cleaning equipment, supplies and storage areas in a safe and orderly condition
The Key Requirements for the Custodian are:
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs
- Enjoys working in a physically demanding role
- Experience in a similar role
- Excellent knowledge of standard cleaning procedures, products, chemicals and equipment
- Training in WHMIS is an asset
- Excellent time management skills
If you feel you would be a great fit for this position please submit your resume by responding to this posting or by fax at (416) 679-0511. Please quote the position you are applying for in the subject line or on the fax cover page.
We ask that agencies refrain from contacting us please.
We appreciate all applicants who submit a resume, however please note that only the applicants who are selected for an interview will be contacted.