BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
- The Regulatory Specialist participates in all aspects of product Material Safety Data Sheet from creation to maintenance. The candidate may also provide training or guidance to employees in any of the following areas, Safety, WHMIS, IATA, TSCA and TDG as set out by his/her supervisor. The candidate may also actively participate in the maintenance of the COR program.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Enter product information into the data entry system.
- Investigate TSCA status of products and imported raw materials and complete all necessary paperwork to assure compliance.
- Assess product compliance with all Department of Commerce regulations.
- Assign Transportation of Dangerous Goods (TDG) shipping information to new and modified products, prepare shipping documents for hazardous materials, and specify packaging for hazardous materials.
- Maintain central label database.
- Author product MSDSs/SDSs and labels that conform to global requirements.
- Respond to written and verbal requests and customer inquiries related to product compliance certifications and MSDS.
- Recognize and communicate regulatory changes that may affect operations.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Chemistry, Toxicology, Biology, Chemical Engineering or another related field of study with a strong focus in Chemistry.
- Work experience in regulatory affairs in/for a chemical company – i.e., two years of previous experience working as a product steward or providing product support within the chemical industry.
- Preferred candidates will have previous experience interacting with regulatory agencies.
- In addition, successful candidates of this position must possess some knowledge of chemical control laws, environmental regulations, GHS requirements, transportation regulations and experience authoring MSDSs and product labels.
Indeed - 8 months ago