Position: Produce Manager
Reports to: Store Manager
Reporting to the Store Manager, you will plan, organize and oversee the delivery of outstanding Produce merchandise. You will achieve daily sales targets by providing outstanding service to our customers. You will also manage all merchandising and advertising for the Produce Department.
As a team leader, you will utilize your excellent communication and organizational skills to implement employee training programs while ensuring departmental health and safety policies and practices are followed.
Leadership and People:
- Upholds and models the company’s values of Honesty and Mutual Respect in all
actions and behaviors.
- Hiring, motivating and developing team members and providing input and feedback for
completion of performance appraisals
- Ensures that team members understand and comply with company standards, policies and procedures including health and safety, loss prevention, food safety and human resource policies
- Coaches and trains team members to maintain the highest level of personal and team productivity by ensuring strong technical skills and on-going product knowledge
Reporting & Administration:
- Ensures proper documentation to facilitate - Operations benchmarking, team member coaching and performance assessments, HR & Payroll related matters and legislative compliance for Health & Food Safety
Department Cleanliness and Presentation:
- Responsible for ordering and product quality ensuring a well stocked department at all times.
- Responsible for the cleanliness and presentation of the department
- Working on Merchandising Techniques
- Implementing of all department initiatives
- Responsible for inventory management
- Responsible for scheduling
Knowledge, Skills & Competencies
- Minimum of 2 years of food retail experience
- Proven leadership skills and/or leadership training
- Good understanding of Produce department and product knowledge
- Ability to verbally communicate with customers and staff to understand what is wanted and expected from them. Enhancing relationships with customers through verbal interaction
- Strong Creativity skills and ability to create eye catching displays
- Strong organization and tactical planning skills
- Strong initiative ability, excellent work ethic and a sense of urgency
- Ability to work in a high paced time constraint environment
- Strong sense of ownership, drive and enthusiasm
- Strong leadership, motivation and mentoring skills
- Ability to adapt quickly to new situations, as well as new and changing processes, programs and services
- Strong customer service skills
Our Team Members enjoy:
- Competitive wages.
- Career growth opportunities.
- Flexible hours.
- Excellent benefits.
Chef’s Depot is a new Food Service wholesale company opening up it's first location in Scarborough shortly.We are very similar to...