Chatters Limited Partnership Employee Reviews

Could have been a great job
Employee (Former Employee) –  Ontario, Canada27 August 2017
You guys definitely need to replace alot of your management, also a lot of your employees, both front end and stylists. Unless you're perfect, you won't make it here.
Bad management
Order Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB3 August 2017
Stay away you are just a body nothing more all they care about is their money they have a huge amount of turn over in the warehouse and you get paid terribly for the amount of work you do good for a high school student because it's like going back to high school again!
Pros
Hours were nice and the people you work with were nice
Cons
Horrible pay dont get bennifits till 9 months in they dont care about your safety either
Could have potentially been a good job
Stylist (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB11 July 2017
This company has its priorities set up poorly front end staff get more respect and pay then educated stylists in the salon. They have a focus on retail sales not services so as a stylist your career will not bloom flourish or do well as they are keeping you just booked enough to make min wage . Professionalism is not the first thing you see in front or even in salon . It has a great potential but not managed by people who know the business or even care about salon culture as this is a unique and wonderful culture if nurtured properly. Again great potential but not untililized.
Pros
Traffic and clients potential
Cons
Lack of professionalism
Shady management
Beauty Consultant (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON5 April 2017
Steer clear.
Lots of drama.
Uses employees and then without notice drops hours. Comissions are minimal.
Expectations of work are unreasonable.
Being a brand new store is nice but way better options out there.
New beautiful work experience
Hairstylist (Current Employee) –  Ajax, ON6 March 2017
I'm a new hair stylist for one of the salon in Ontario, Iam very happy tobe there with such friendly helpful team and a wanderfull supportive district manager, I learned a lot through there training program and still learning, really it's the greatest amazing experience I evere had
Stylist currently employed at Chatters
Service Manager & Stylist (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ON9 February 2017
I am a service manager for one of the salons in Ontario. As a stylist who has worked in the industry for 9 years I can truly say this is the best company I have worked for. Chatters offers free education for all stylist with any of the product lines we care as well as classes for cutting, colouring and styling.

The hardest part of any stylist job is working evening and weekends Chatters helps with work/life balance equally giving each stylist evening and weekend shifts.

I can't say there is anything I enjoy most about my job. I love the environment and the girls I work with. Everyone here works amazing at team work and leaves no one behind
Pros
Not as great as you're lead to believe..
Beauty Consultant (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON6 February 2017
I'm not here to bash the company nor am I here to sugar coat anything. Chatters isn't a terrible place to work, but it's also not the greatest. The store is gorgeous, you got a fair amount of hours, there was a great team dynamic in the beginning. However, as time passed I began to realize that the pretty picture that was painted for me during my interview and from reviews is far from the truth.

They do have a lot of great "incentives", "bonuses" and ways to make additional compensation. However it is an extremely low volume store during the normal season, therefore no matter how much "hard work" you put in, it is extremely difficult to achieve sales goals and earn bonuses in the magnitude that is made seemingly possible during the interview. The "free education" you get is more of a requirement in order to keep your job and is used more as a threat than a teaching tool. You won't start out at minimum wage, as they proudly state during your interview however what they give you is barely an improvement. For the amount of work expected they should be paying several dollars more regardless of incentives and bonuses.

I will say that I learnt a lot on the customer service side due to their training program, but there are just certain behaviours and attitudes that seem to be unavoidable in retail, no matter the level. I can only hope that with time, and the right people that the store will improve, because it really has a lot of potential just some adjustments need to be made to ensure the store runs smoothly, the employees are happy, policies are followed by everyone INCLUDING
  more... management, and that the goals made are actually attainable.  less
Pros
Incentives & Bonuses (somewhat), Fair hours, Beautiful Store, Great Training, A lot to learn product wise, Tips can be earned at any employee level.
Cons
Unrealistic sales goals for a low volume location, Being asked to do MANY unrealistic things that are way outside of your job description, Bonuses & Incentives were not paid out when promised, Management: "My way or the highway" type of attitude, managers like to steal your guests right from under you to make a sale for themselves, "No Gossip" policy seems to apply to everyone EXCEPT management (many "smoke breaks" are taken).
Greatest Work Experience
Sr. Beauty Consultant (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ON31 January 2017
I started my employment with Chatters last year, since then I feel my skill set has improved immensely and I now enjoy coming to work everyday.

The District Manager is very supportive and always showing me how I can better myself to become a better leader and grow as an employee. She works many, many hours to be sure we have no questions unanswered and help where we need it.

The job does consists of a lot of work, it keeps you busy and keeps you on your toes. There is a lot to learn, but the work comes with great reward. You are compensated for the work you put out with many chances for increases and bonuses.
Many contests and incentives to motivate you to show up and work your hardest.
Pros
Pay rate, bonuses, incentives, positive atmosphere, great staff
Cons
As long as you show up with the best intentions, and do your job there isn't much to say negatively.
Employee focused, work hard and play harder culture
SR. Beauty Consutlant (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ON26 January 2017
-good on boarding for management, conducted by the DM
-great tools to coach, train and hold team members accountable
-down to earth and very fun cultured
-we alll work hard and play harder
-cool making customers feel amazing everyday
-so much support from our DM and great coaching and support programs that are all FREE to employees
-great benefits, great salary and very much an employee focused senior leadership team
-Trips can we won for things like Vegas, Cancun and lots of commission incentives (which is unheard of in retail)
Pros
Amazing awards and recongiation, great commission for all staff, suportive District Manager, rockin conference every year, pizza lunches for the teams and great online education
Cons
Honestly, not much! You just have work hard and actually work - this is not a backroom manager role.
Fun girls to work with, shady management
Beauty Consultant (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB25 January 2017
Senior management knows that I would like to move up in the company but has attempted to give it to someone else, even though it was implied that I would hopefully be trained for the position. Have tried to back door other managers.

Good for a first job, and flexible scheduling.
Pros
discounts on products, fun people to work with
Cons
senior management treats people just as a number
productive, fun and educational
Stylist (Current Employee) –  West Vancouver, BC23 January 2017
Currently employee in chatters hair salon. It really is one of the best opportunities with lots of educational plans and classes. They offer health and dental benefit to full time employees and honestly one of the most supporting companies that I have aver worked for. they provide really friendly environment and they support you through good and bad days.
Pros
health and dental benefits, education
Management is horrible at this location!!!
Stylist (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON9 January 2017
Management power trips and alot of micro managing within this establishment!
Not a very busy salon! The colour line isn't that great either.
Too many products
Pros
Maybe money
Cons
Management is horrible
Too much politics!!
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Red Deer County, AB27 June 2016
Really have nothing nice to say! Staff was great..management had their days, they were understanding about somethings...The lawyer is a SCUMBAG!
Great Company Bad Management
CUSTOMER SERVICE (Current Employee) –  Red Deer, AB25 May 2016
I have been with the company for almost 3 years now. We used to be a family oriented work place, however it has since changed ownership and the changes that have been made are not that Family friendly.
There is no room for advancement and there is no appreciation shown for the hard work the employees do.

All in all it is a great company to work for if you are able to stay in a cubicle all day and not socialize. The benefits are great here, not just medical, but there are product perks as well.
Pros
Free Product
Cons
Bad Management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chatters Limited Partnership. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9