Due to an overwhelming amount of resumes received for this position, we will be closing this posting earlier. Please note the new closing date.
The Chatham-Kent Family Health Team (CKFHT) is a collaborative team of professionals including Physicians, NPs, Nurse Educators, Dietitians, Pharmacist, Occupational Therapist, Social Workers, Chiropodist, a Health Promoter, Certified Respiratory Educator and Diabetes Education Team. The CKFHT is located on five sites across the municipality of Chatham-Kent – Chatham, Dresden, Ridgetown, Wallaceburg and Blenheim. The CKFHT currently has ~30,000 rostered patients and growing.
The Chatham-Kent Family Health Team is a health care organization “committed to working in partnership with individuals, families and community groups to optimize the health and well-being of our residents and communities within the municipality of Chatham-Kent.
We currently have an opening for 1 Full Time (40 hours per week)
Receptionst/Medical Secretary - Blenheim
The Receptionist / Secretary provides reception, clerical and administrative support functions creating an environment which is professional and friendly, thus contributing to the efficient and effective care of clients.
This position reports to the Executive Director
- Receive clients and answer telephones.
- Schedule clients’ provider appointments.
- Verify patient demographics with patient at each patient visit,
- Verify patient health card number, expiry date and version code. Document in EMR, as an
encounter, instructions provided to patient re: outdated health cards,
- Verify patient’s choice of pharmacy,
- Verify client’s primary care provider,
- Verify patient roster status. If the patient is not rostered, it is the responsibility of the secretary
to ensure that the patient completes and signs the roster form, information is entered into
the computer system and the appropriate Q code is entered into EMR for that date,
- Process 3rd Party Billings for patients (eg. Insurance companies etc.)/update EMR as
paid when payment received.
- Notify patients of consultation appointments – date, time, location, what to bring. Update EMR
that patient has been notified,
- Reschedule patients as necessary
- Receive and issue receipt for payment of invoices from patients, 3rd parties, initial invoice
and return to physician with payment.
- Ensures dialogue between the Medical Secretary and physicians, patients etc. is documented in
patient chart (encounter).
- Monitoring EMR Messenger throughout the day
- Other duties as assigned
- Work in a manner that preserves confidentiality.
- Contribute to the Team’s work by participating in meetings and on committees.
- Graduate of a recognized Medical Office Administration Program.
- Formal training in computer software applications
- Two to five years related experience, preferably in a health setting.
- Proficiency in the use of computers and various software applications
SECRETARIAL STAFF ARE NOT RESPONSBILE FOR :
- Daily OHIP billings
- Generate/edit Consultant Requests, Prescriptions
- Form completion
If you are positive, energetic, team player, and have the passion to help patients,
apply within with cover letter and resume or please send by mail to:
Eileen Bene, H.R. Administrator
20 Emma Street, Suite 111
Chatham, Ontario N7L 5K5
Closing date: January 31, 2014 by 4:00 p.m.