Chartwells

Chartwells Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Cashier
Cashier (Former Employee), Sydney, NSSeptember 10, 2014
I loved working at Chartwells. The people I worked with there were very nice & helpful if I ever did need help.
Engaging, Interactiving and Enlightening
Human Resources Coordinator (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMay 5, 2014
Pros: mentoring
Cons: long hrs
Working as a employment counselor was an engaging, interactive and englightening experience. Providing coaching, mentoring and counseling skills to individuals for them to reach their full career potential was a privilege.
Busy fast paced environment
Office Manager (Current Employee), Welland, ONFebruary 27, 2014
Pros: lunches are delicious
Very busy and fast paced environment, great people to work with.
It is okay.
Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 21, 2013
It is okay place to work and gain experience. Serving student residence. Always busy during school year and dead at summer.
work work work dont get payed
incharge of catering (Former Employee), Greater Sudbury, ONAugust 7, 2013
i know this is a big company but the part i worked for i put in a lot of hours and never got payed for them all. I worked constantly and barely got to a take my breaks. I worked long sifts sometimes 14 hours and they would still complane that i was not working hard enough
productive, interesting and friendky place in where we can exploring knowledge from different cultures.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Universty of CalgaryMarch 22, 2013
I did coffee maker, sandwiches maker and cashier in the store.
I improved conmmunication , time orgnization skills. And also i team worked with members effeiciently.
Good company with great people and values
Catering Associate (Current Employee), Halifax, NSDecember 1, 2012
I truly enjoy working at Chartwells at Mount Saint Vincent University.
Fun workplace, interesting job
Customer service officer (Former Employee), Bournemouth UniversityOctober 15, 2014
I love making coffee, I felt as if I put all my efforts and enthusiasm in each cup of coffee. I was a good way to get away from my stressful dissertation writing stage as well.

My manager and supervisor are friendly and open. I remember I asked my manager why most employees were Asian. He replied that it's because he loves Asian smiles, which was something – more... unforgettable to me and inspired me to come back to Bournemouth and conduct my PhD research on hospitality employees and cultural effects on their emotional labour. – less
Instruction
Director of Dining Services (Current Employee), Chicago, ILOctober 13, 2014
Pros: food competitions
Loved working with, and exposing, students to a healthier alternative, teaching waste & cost control, while exposing to new food items.
Enjoy the people that I work with.
Customer Ser. Rep, Cook, Pizza Maker (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INOctober 5, 2014
Pros: the kids
Cons: management, the company does not pay enough!!!
To prepare the food and serve the children. Management sucks, my co-workers are cool. the job is not hard. I enjoy the kids, that's the best part of my day, talking to them making them laugh or them making me laugh.
Great place to work if you have kids.
Team Up Lead (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLSeptember 29, 2014
Pros: free lunch
The hours are fitting for someone with a family and children in school because you get out off of work they are out of school and the same with breaks such as spring break.
Fun working atmosphere
Stand Lead (Former Employee), Highland Heights, KYSeptember 10, 2014
Pros: flexible work schedule, friendly coworkers, mostly friendly consumers.
Cons: long hours standing in one space
I was able to interact with other coworkers and customers from all walks of life.
College Campus Envriornment
Catering Coordinator (Former Employee), Boca Raton FlSeptember 10, 2014
Hours were flexible and varied. Fun place to work. Management was strong
Striving for mediacrity
Catering Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Ann Arbor, MIAugust 28, 2014
Pros: schedule
Cons: everything else
What can I say government contract food service operation.
Poor management.
Zero leadership.
Zero mobility.
Zero employee development.
Low wages attract unskilled and unengaged employees.
Management strangles labor to gain budget based bonus program.
Job is seasonal which means you do not work and are not paid for holidays and you are ineligible for – more... unemployment through summer layoff. – less
Productive and fun work place.
Assistant cook/Cashier (Current Employee), Vancouver, WAAugust 5, 2014
Pros: summers off
Cons: not fulltime
When I get to work I first prep pizza, then salads. Set up for lunch and work cashier during, cleanup after. prep for next day. I learned the importance of prepping ahead. My manager is very hands on and very fun to work with as well as my co-workers. The hardest part of my job is telling a child they have no money in their account. The most enjoyable – more... is seeing the kids everyday. – less
An easy going work place.
Barista (Former Employee), San Angelo, TXAugust 5, 2014
This job was a nice job for me with being in college. They worked around your class schedule and any activities you would have going. The only negative say I have about this place was they tend to be very unorganized about training you about a certain positions. They would just put you in a place and you would just have to figure it out from there.
N/A
Food Service Manager (Current Employee), Palestine TXJuly 24, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
Manager of palestine high school cafe. I learned how to manage and customer service elements of my job.
Bad Workplace Attitude and Lazy Management
Grill Cook (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTJuly 14, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: poor management
Management relentlessly picks on employees when they have no other tasks they need to attend to. The atmosphere while fast paced, is negative with many employees constantly fighting, arguing, and swearing at each other. I would not recommend working for this company.
Productive Workplace
Assistant Cashier and Cook (Former Employee), Quincy, ILJuly 9, 2014
 Selected for the role of Student Supervisor
 Supervise up to 6 workers per shift
 Oversee cash register purchases, meal preparation, and restock of supplies
Enjoyed the interaction with co-workers and students
Morning Shift Supervisor (Current Employee), Wayne, NEJuly 8, 2014
No two days are the same. My coworkers and I work very hard to make sure that everything is ready for the students at meal times. We are able to self manage ourselves with little imput from from manement.

1 2 3 4 5

About Chartwells

Keeping employees fed and clothed is one mark of this company. ARAMARK is the world's #3 contract foodservice provider (behind – Read more

Chartwells Photos