Chartwell Retirement Residences Employee Review

View all Chartwell Retirement Residences reviews

Great place to work and for career development
Corporate Office Employee (Current Employee) –  Corporate Office Employee14 March 2013
Chartwell is a great company to work for that truly demonstrates the Corporate Values of Respect. I have worked at several other retirement companies in the past and comparatively Chartwell hands down delivers on being a Corporate Employer of choice. People make choices to work where they want to work and develop how they would like to develop, From my experiences within Chartwell I have a sense of belonging that I am doing something that motivates me to my next career choice. I see and have personally experienced career development which continues to offer me challenge in my job. I recommend and will continue to recommend Chartwell to past colleagues and friends as a choice employer within the indsutry. I would never recommend something I do not believe is a great fit. Thanks to the entire Chartwell Team.

Other Chartwell Retirement Residences Employee Reviews

No idea what project management is
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga Valley, ON17 February 2018
they have no clue about what Project management is, their only tool is excel and the director of Project management doesn' have a clue what project plan is. She brings 40 people in one room and goes over task items one by one and records them on a spreadsheet, it is only checkbox management, there is no any plan successor predecessor relation, critical path, task assignment, resource levelling, scheduling, risk assessment, risk management, cost management nothing zilch nada. I managed multi million dollar projects successfully however they only asked me to take minutes in two meetings and then they let me go after three months by paying another three months . Unbelievable place, something from novels of Kafka..
productive
Night Reception/Janitorial/Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC15 February 2018
i was working graveyard shift 11-7 am , i didn't really see a lot of the other staff , or get to know a lot of people , management was OK , sometimes a fast paced environment
Pros
lunch was made in the kitchen
Cons
regular hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chartwell Retirement Residences. Our community is ready to answer.