Chartwell Retirement Residences Employee Review

View all Chartwell Retirement Residences reviews

Don't do it
chef (Former Employee) –  York region19 March 2014
I have experienced this company first hand.all the negative reviews are right on the money.upper management doesn't give a .... about you.they would promote someone inside from general manager who has no personal skills just a knack for cutting costs of the small amount of food they get.they have a cooperate chef who kissed some major.... upstairs to get this position and want to give them soup out of a can.why do they hire chefs we make scratch food not this stuff I couldnt take the balony from management and left.they lost the whole team under a year.
Pros
Good staff if you can keep them
Cons
bad attitude from management

Other Chartwell Retirement Residences Employee Reviews

No idea what project management is
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga Valley, ON17 February 2018
they have no clue about what Project management is, their only tool is excel and the director of Project management doesn' have a clue what project plan is. She brings 40 people in one room and goes over task items one by one and records them on a spreadsheet, it is only checkbox management, there is no any plan successor predecessor relation, critical path, task assignment, resource levelling, scheduling, risk assessment, risk management, cost management nothing zilch nada. I managed multi million dollar projects successfully however they only asked me to take minutes in two meetings and then they let me go after three months by paying another three months . Unbelievable place, something from novels of Kafka..
productive
Night Reception/Janitorial/Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC15 February 2018
i was working graveyard shift 11-7 am , i didn't really see a lot of the other staff , or get to know a lot of people , management was OK , sometimes a fast paced environment
Pros
lunch was made in the kitchen
Cons
regular hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chartwell Retirement Residences. Our community is ready to answer.