Chartwell Retirement Residences Employee Review

View all Chartwell Retirement Residences reviews

Chartwell is a great place to work!
Director (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON11 June 2013
Like any rapid growing company, they experience bumps along the way however they are openly embrace new ideas and strive to learn how they can do things better. Their RESPECT values are embedded into their everyday routines and we all know our end goal is to be the best for our residents. I refer many in my professional network to apply at Chartwell because I do truly believe they will find a rewarding career here.

Other Chartwell Retirement Residences Employee Reviews

Overworked, too many tasks on kitchen staff.
Cook (Former Employee) –  Bracebridge, ON7 January 2018
Under Staffed, no career advancement, stressful environment, kitchen cooks were expected to serve in the dinning room, make snack carts, set up dining room, and wash and put away all the dishes from the dining room after each service. Each shift a kitchen cook has to singlehandedly cook all the meals as well as the vast amount of last minute alternate meals - 80 servings for one cook per meal.
Pros
every second weekend off.
Cons
Chronic understaffing, management gets taken care of much better then the rest of the staff who are part time.
first full time positon
Cook (Former Employee) –  Dundas, ON11 December 2017
Good learning experience in my first part-time job, which lead to full-time employment. Hard work in the kitchen and very hot work. Learnt how do deal with residents and team work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chartwell Retirement Residences. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6