Chartwell Retirement Residences Employee Review

View all Chartwell Retirement Residences reviews

horrible place to work in Windsor at Crawford And Riverside Dr location
Dietary (Former Employee) –  Windsor, on30 September 2013
Worked at the Windsor location at Crawford and Riverside dr and I must say Ive never worked short so many times in my employment there.
A typical day coming into work will be dealing with the food service manager who will ask you to do jobs of employees that she favours so they don't have to do the job...coming in and being short was a typical day, I don't know about you but 2 ladies and 1 lazy cook serving 95 people,coffee,salad,soup(even in winter)dinner AND dessert in under 1hr is crazy, stressful to say the least.

I learned I NEVER want to work for Chartwell again.
Management... what management? im sure there is someone out there who can do a better job then what the food service manager provides at this location.

co-workers were hard working been there from 5-15yrs and stick around because of the Union/pay/seniority etc.. but a lot of the time all I heard was complaining from them about how bad it is being short, how the manager never books in people for whoever goes on vacation that week etc...

Hardest part of the job was dealing with management!

most enjoyable part was when we were fully staffed and a smooth night of serving dinner and when everyone did their job!!!!!
Pros
not much
Cons
Bad management

Other Chartwell Retirement Residences Employee Reviews

No idea what project management is
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga Valley, ON17 February 2018
they have no clue about what Project management is, their only tool is excel and the director of Project management doesn' have a clue what project plan is. She brings 40 people in one room and goes over task items one by one and records them on a spreadsheet, it is only checkbox management, there is no any plan successor predecessor relation, critical path, task assignment, resource levelling, scheduling, risk assessment, risk management, cost management nothing zilch nada. I managed multi million dollar projects successfully however they only asked me to take minutes in two meetings and then they let me go after three months by paying another three months . Unbelievable place, something from novels of Kafka..
productive
Night Reception/Janitorial/Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC15 February 2018
i was working graveyard shift 11-7 am , i didn't really see a lot of the other staff , or get to know a lot of people , management was OK , sometimes a fast paced environment
Pros
lunch was made in the kitchen
Cons
regular hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chartwell Retirement Residences. Our community is ready to answer.