Chartwell Retirement Residences Employee Review

View all Chartwell Retirement Residences reviews

horrible place to work in Windsor at Crawford And Riverside Dr location
Dietary (Former Employee) –  Windsor, on30 September 2013
Worked at the Windsor location at Crawford and Riverside dr and I must say Ive never worked short so many times in my employment there.
A typical day coming into work will be dealing with the food service manager who will ask you to do jobs of employees that she favours so they don't have to do the job...coming in and being short was a typical day, I don't know about you but 2 ladies and 1 lazy cook serving 95 people,coffee,salad,soup(even in winter)dinner AND dessert in under 1hr is crazy, stressful to say the least.

I learned I NEVER want to work for Chartwell again.
Management... what management? im sure there is someone out there who can do a better job then what the food service manager provides at this location.

co-workers were hard working been there from 5-15yrs and stick around because of the Union/pay/seniority etc.. but a lot of the time all I heard was complaining from them about how bad it is being short, how the manager never books in people for whoever goes on vacation that week etc...

Hardest part of the job was dealing with management!

most enjoyable part was when we were fully staffed and a smooth night of serving dinner and when everyone did their job!!!!!
Pros
not much
Cons
Bad management

Other Chartwell Retirement Residences Employee Reviews

Not a good experience working there for me
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON11 December 2017
I would never work for this company again I didn't have good experience with them.so I quit my job and stay home Without pay .I fine they care about u
Pros
At least I eat and something
Cons
Poor Union
Contexte syndical et institution
Cuisinier (Former Employee) –  Quebec City, QC22 November 2017
Belle entreprise bien ancrée au Québec avec avantages
Plusieurs postes disponibles en tout temps
Possibilité de monter les échelons selon les compétences

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chartwell Retirement Residences. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6