Chartrand Equipment Employee Reviews

Occupation with Various Learning Opportunities
Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Detour Lake Gold mine,ON6 June 2015
Working with different pieces of heavy equipment. I was able to expand my education of the mining industry. The four years that I worked for Chartrand, I was able to grow as a heavy equipment operator.
Good working jobs
ON (Labourer) (Former Employee) –  Timmins,ON4 February 2015
The work was good and easy, management was not that good but can t complain because i never delt with them often. The company wen t bankrupt and got a big lawsuit of not paying overtime work.. The company is out of business.
Pros
easy work
Cons
unpredictable jobs
camp job at open pit mine
driver (Former Employee) –  Timmins, ON16 December 2014
shuttle bus / water and fuel truck driver
make sure the miners got to their work stations and designated areas with in an open pit mining operation
when not picking up or dropping off the miners
I drove the water truck to keep a fresh supply of potable water for the camp as well as road maintenance as to the extreme dust conditions
learned to keep excellent records on daily requirements and maintenance records on all vehicles driven
Pros
camp job accomadiontion paid for
Cons
bugs/ insects were bad
lots of work. safe place to work
Surface Miner/Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Timmins, ON9 May 2014
Great mining job. But subcontractor didn't pay well. good place to start your mining career.
Pros
gain a lot of experience
Cons
low pay
Best place I've ever worked at.
Apprentice Heavy Duty Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Timmins, ON19 April 2014
I would've stayed there until I retired, good pay,good people, fun times. Too bad they had to shut their doors.
Detour Mine site was a great learning curve
Fuel Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Timmins, ON18 March 2014
Work 12 hour shift; perform circle check, fill fuel truck, plan and organize route for filling and greasing of equipment.
Pros
one week on/ one week off schedule
Cons
improper equipment
Good company to work for. Excellent managment on site.
Health and Safety Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Timmins, ON28 January 2014
The oppertunity to work in such an atmosphere was somtimes over whelming but great. I would love the chance to work with such great individuals at any time in the near future.
Pros
Great chance to learn new things
Cons
Long hours/ and being away from home for long pierod of times.
overall fun experience and learnt a lot of hands on
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Timmins, ON4 January 2014
i learned a lot of hands on work, good team work skills, co workers were really friendly and so was my boss.
Pros
good meals
Cons
long shifts
Thankful for the experience
Department Manager/Maintenance Administrator (Former Employee) –  Timmins, ON3 January 2014
Working for Chartrand Equipment was a great learning experience. I have developed many new skills regarding organization, team building, motivation.

I was also able to build a strong drive to surpass and exceed both co-workers expectations as well as the company.
Pros
lots of hours, honest days work for an honest days pay. great people.
Cons
Physically and Emotionally demanding. High expectations.
Working in Isolate location
Heavy Equipment Maintenance Manager (Former Employee) –  Timmins, ON2 December 2013
12 hour days
Learned about management position
Good and professional co workers
the hardest part of the position was to have to deal with such a big variety of equipment
was an excellent experience
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Timmins, ON22 November 2013
without my workers and my skills we achieved a goal ,lots of people didn't have the experience but with time and patience we achieved all in all our dreams of become operators and supervisors ,got knowledge on computer skills and office work and expanded my leader ship in every way possible
Pros
camp jobs, everything included, its a great place detour gold
Cons
long hiours and lots of deddication it dont come easy, u have to work for what u want to acheive
Hual Truck
Haul Truck Operator (Former Employee) –  Detour Lake, Detour Gold Project24 September 2013
1 week in n 1 week out
working on the Dam
the roads where rough
I love driving Haul Trucks, Rock Trucks
Pros
Cons
there 12hrs but get paid 11hrs
A dynamic and safety conscious employer
Health, Safety & Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Timmins, Ontario9 September 2013
I have been in H&S for several years and I have worked with many companies. Chartrand has shown me that they do care about H&S when so many others do not.They walk the walk and talk the talk.
Professional workplace
safety officer (Former Employee) –  Timmins ON9 April 2013
Great company for advancement and training, wages above average with positive management and coworkers.
Pros
strong support from management and staff
Good place to work to gain experience.
Surface Surveyor (Former Employee) –  Cochrane, ON3 February 2013
I worked as a surface surveyor using GPS and data collector taking topos of roadways, stockpiles, and giving grade plus alignment. I worked on construction survey marking screw piles and manhole then aligning them with a laser and level rod. I learned how to use an older GPS unit and data collector properly. I also learned how to align the construction site. Management was very disorganised and not very easily approachable. My co-workers were great as we needed to work as a team in order to try to keep organisation for the projects. The hardest part of the job was to learn everything about the position due to disorganisation. The most enjoyable part of the job was working well together as a team of surveyors trying to keep two steps ahead of management.
Pros
2 weeks in aloud to not spend your pay checks while at work
Cons
2 weeks away from friends and family and disorganisation
Amazing crew, not much support from head office, good pay, good rotation schedule, loved the work
Office Administration/Maintenance Clerk (Former Employee) –  Timmins, ON15 January 2013
12 hour shifts, learned lots about construction, worked with an amazing crew. Most of the managers were great, some of the people from head office were not good to work with. Hardest part of job was trying to get accurate timesheets given to me for time entry. Rotation schedule at the mining camp was awesome as well as hanging out with crew members after shift
Pros
rotation schedule, plus location of work place
Cons
getting accurate timesheets given to me to enter for employees pay
alright place to work, pay was good and most people were easy to work with.got alot of great experience there.
Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Timmins ON31 May 2012
typical day at work varied day to day.operated excavator doing various jobs like loading trucks, working with grade, sloping a little bit of everything from mine rehabilitation,pipework, house demolitions