Chartis Employee Reviews

Diverse company with good training opportunities
Premium Audit Processing Technician (Current Employee) –  Berkeley Heights, NJ22 September 2014
Chartis Insurance is a growing company that offers plenty of opportunities for training and knowledge for a number of insurance fields.
Great internship
Underwriter's Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NY7 September 2014
Great experience working for a company under such a large name as AIG.
Pros
Great reputation and work/life balance
Cons
Very corporate
Worked with top professionals in the field
Claims Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NY26 June 2014
Gained a lot of experience through mentors, eventually I became a mentor to others newly hired and the mentees eventually moved on to promotions, Productive and professional environment to work in
Pros
Excellent inhouse continuing education and licensing coordination, Great benefits and reasonable salary
Cons
Many times work flowed into the weekend.
saisie de document en informatique
Intérim (Former Employee) –  la defense22 May 2014
evoluer et faire carriére dans ce domaine.

intégrer votre groupe serais en adéquation avec mes perpectives.
Pros
plusieures jours de congés
Cons
debutant pas de diplome
stable company
Administrative Assistant and Claims Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Ramon, CA20 May 2014
A very profitable and stable company but not employee friendly.
Pros
locations all over the world
Cons
do not care about there employees
productive work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Diego, Ca13 May 2014
Loved this job! This job was very rewarding! I enjoyed providing customer service to clients! The job kept me busy!
Pros
employee moral
Cons
travel time
overall a good experience.
Lead Business Analyst (onsite coordinator) (Former Employee) –  上海市, C2313 March 2014
good company to work with and healthy work culture
Good experience in global delivery model.
Challenging, lack of management expertise, good team work
Accountant 1 (Current Employee) –  New York, NY26 February 2014
Good learning experience, however no job efficiency and lack of expertise in the management process. There isn't any work process as the management is trying to understand and streamline our work so basically management is using us a the guinea pigs to test things out. The hardest part of the job is to juggle work and personal life. Long hours and management is never satisfied with our work. People are quitting and we are giving more responsiblities. My co workers are great. We have great team work and always available to offer help. I started as Accountant1 five years ago and still I am an Accountant1 even though I am required to do more work with more job responsibilities. There isn't any job security. The enjoyable part of the job is to learn and my coworkers are enjoyable. The hardest part of the job is that we have our duties but more duties are given to us and we are expected to learn it quickly. Since management is trying to streamline processes, they are basically confused on how to start and finish. I am efficient and a hard working person, however if the job doesn't entail a flow of work or job efficiency, then it gets a bit difficult to follow.
Pros
teamwork
Cons
management
ok place to work
Investment Accountant (Former Employee) –  New York, NY8 February 2014
Management is cutting corners everywhere. Red tape everywhere. There is a lot of work and not enough time to finish the work.
Nice location with helpful workers
Senior Accountant (Former Employee) –  Berkeley Heights, NJ16 January 2014
Typical accounting work, closings and posting of journal entries. Many people that worked there were set in their ways and we adverse to change.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Old systems leading to lots of overtime
Great working experience
Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Berkeley Heights, New Jersey15 January 2014
Primary Underwriter for all New Business and Renewal accounts for the Accident & Health Dept. / Small Business Philadelphia and Atlanta regions respectively.
Face of AIG Small Business to the Regions
Development of business proposals for Small Business
Rated and quoted policies
Responsible for Business Travel Accident and Specialty Market accounts
Audited Underwriting Analyst
Forecasted budget
Travel with Sales Representatives on Broker calls / Sales / Customer Service
Underwriter for more complex and difficult accounts
Issuing Policies as well as rating and processing endorsements
Pros
Great work enviroment
Cons
Job security was not a problem with this company.
BENEFITS SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GA2 January 2014
My typical day at work would include making sure that my clients' disability checks were properly distributed. This was very important because these checks would be their only source of income. This position has taught me how to manage and follow up on specific tasks. The hardest part of this job was to leave your assignments/feelings at the job. The most enjoyable part of my job was to hear the smile on my clients' faces when you would have their check issued immediately to them.
Pros
Employee recognition and job stability
Cons
Lack of enthusiasm from coworkers
Fun workplace
Head of Commercial Lines (Former Employee) –  Sri Lanka12 November 2013
Very good place to work and learn
Sometime too much work pressure
Great
Agent (Former Employee) –  Miramar, FL9 October 2013
Great place to work while i was a student . Great staff and enviornment.
Call Center
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  2 Acquarium Drive, Camden, New Jersey9 October 2013
Customer Service Calls on
Medical benefits and
Medical Claims
Pros
Comfortable work environment
Cons
No room for advancement
Very Productive and enjoyable workplace with excellent benefits
CASHIER & Accounts Payable clerk (Former Employee) –  East Croydon4 October 2013
typical day at work very productive always learning new things
Learned how to use banking systems, the specific job roles of a Cashier and an Accounts Payable Clerk
Management was excellent, supportive
Co-workers Supportive and great to work with
Hardest part of the job I would say more challenging Christmas and New Years Cashier job was very hectic
Most enjoyable part of the job learning new things and doing charity fund rasier days
Pros
Free lunches, denim day on fridays
Cons
N/a
excellent place to work
CASHIER/ACCOUNTS PAYABLE (Former Employee) –  Croydon25 September 2013
typical day at work was always different and challenging,always learned something new on a regular basis
Management was excellent always helpful and supportive
Co-workers were easy to work with especially in a team
Hardest part of the job I wouldn't say hard but very busy month ends and Christmas

Most enjoyable part of the job was also learning how to use banking systems, the intensity of the work load I thrived on it.

Overall loved the job and workplace
Pros
Free lunches, Charity Fund Raiser Days
Productive and Family Oriented Company
Workers Comp Claims Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TX24 August 2013
Over the 20 years I have learned and valued the importance of customers services, being a typical day of work solving & completed daily task assignment. I have played the roll daily as a teammate helping co-worker when needed, being a valuable role player. Hardest part of the job is leaving daily when you know there is so much more you want to do . The most enjoyable and rewarding is to know that I have achieved the best customers services and I have given 250% of my day.
Pros
Benefits, work hours, and the morale
Cons
No room for growth, lack of management
Productive a great way to learn about commercial insurance
Premium Audit Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ8 August 2013
Took inbound phone calls from insured's who had Worker's Comp. policies for their employees. They called to either dispute their audit if something was calculated incorrectly, or to get information on how they could schedule their payroll audit with one of our auditors. We also rec'd requests via email, and fax. We would open the dispute if necessary and forward the information onto our audit techs for completion of the requests. We would also do call backs from the voice mail messages left, the hardest part could be the multitasking, but when you get a rhythm going, it's ok. I enjoyed talking to a lot of the insured's that would call in because you can build a client-customer service with them.
Pros
the company took care of their employees, we would have out of the office lunch meetings, company picnic time.
Cons
unfortunately would have to face angry people who knew about the AIG bailout amongs other things.
A typical day at work requires a lot of multi-tasking.
Executive Liability Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX8 July 2013
A typical day at work requires a lot of multi-tasking. I learned about the underwriting side of the business. The environment was fast-paced, but I found the expectations to be unrealistic. The work was new & difficult for me, but I gave it my best. Incompetent management if a manager was in that position locally and limited on-line training provided.
Cons
No hands on training, Incompetent management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chartis. Our community is ready to answer.