Chartis Employee Reviews

confortable chats with supervisors
Oracle Database Administrator (Current Employee) –  Jersey City, NJMay 31, 2013
A typical day at work is full of fun, for the most part, oracle database administration has alot of repetitive task but i bet you it is alot of fun doing. In my career as a DBA i have learned so much from backup and recovery best practices to SQL tuning and optimization just to name a few. so far i must say i have been very lucky working with co-workers who are fun loving, entertaining and ultimately great team players. As strange as it may sound one of my most difficult moments in the job was upgrading from 10g to 11g. The fun of taking client tickets and solving their problems and then seeing the joy they have makes me fill so fulfilled.
Pros
free coffee
Cons
short dance
Productive and comfortable atmosphere inside the Call Center
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAOctober 19, 2012
Daily answered inquires from claimants, medical providers, employers, lawyers, and brokers regarding a workers compensation claim.

Call Center was comfortable and not stressful because Team Leads were available when needed and was very helpful. Got to learn a lot regarding Worker's Comp insurance. Most hardest part was having to hear unfortunate situations most claimants were placed in due to not receiving their Worker's Comp benefit checks on time.

I thoroughly enjoyed working with my co-workers. We truly worked as a team.
Pros
weekly incentitives
Cons
having to monitor rest room breaks.
A talented, educated and versatile professional applying my experiences in multiple environments while allowing for professional growth.
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  New YOrk, NYJune 5, 2012
I began my career with Chartis in 1992 as an Underwriter Assistant in the field Energy group, which handled underwriting of policies for gas, chemical, petrochemical and oil companies. Shortly after, I was promoted to an Associate Business Analyst. After additional promotions, I became a Business Analyst within the corporate Operations Group. Due to company downsizing, I was recently laid off.
Pros
christmas free lunch, dress down on last friday of each month in summer
Cons
no flex time
fun workplace and evryobody are cool
Paralegal/Claims Billing Analyst (Current Employee) –  Makati, P00July 31, 2012
Everyday is a day to look forward to at work. It is fun and everyone are really nice.
The management is cool. They are more of a leader than a boss. They get along with well wwith everyone.
Since all my team mates are of the same educational background as mine, we get to talk to with a lot of things. We share the same interest.
The hardest part of the job is you really have to use your critical thinking and decision making evryday. It is really challenging but I still can manage everything.
The most enjoyable part of it is that you learn a lot of things everyday.
Pros
flexible schedule
Good place to work.
Project Lead (Current Employee) –  Jersey City, NJJune 13, 2012
Overall it is a good place to work.
Though the procedures and change management is archaic.

Good job gurantee and relaxed atmosphere.
Pros
laid back culture
Cons
job growth difficult
Very Productive and enjoyable workplace with excellent benefits
CASHIER & Accounts Payable clerk (Former Employee) –  East CroydonOctober 4, 2013
typical day at work very productive always learning new things
Learned how to use banking systems, the specific job roles of a Cashier and an Accounts Payable Clerk
Management was excellent, supportive
Co-workers Supportive and great to work with
Hardest part of the job I would say more challenging Christmas and New Years Cashier job was very hectic
Most enjoyable part of the job learning new things and doing charity fund rasier days
Pros
free lunches, denim day on fridays
Cons
n/a
Call Center
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  2 Acquarium Drive, Camden, New JerseyOctober 9, 2013
Customer Service Calls on
Medical benefits and
Medical Claims
Pros
comfortable work environment
Cons
no room for advancement
database administration
Oracle Database Administrator (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJDecember 1, 2014
database administration, production support, installation, configuration, upgrades, patches, migration, backup and recovery, performance tuning,capacity planning, Dataguard , RAC, cloning, space management and security.
Worked as Sales Executive
Customer Sales (Former Employee) –  Dubai, DUOctober 25, 2014
Responsibilities:
• Answering calls in a prompt courteous manner.
• Communicating information clearly and accurately.
• Promote teamwork and call center success.
• Developed Work with the support team to ensure service level requirements are exceeded.
• Developed credibility and confidence with customers.
• Captured Customer information correctly and accurately.
• Assisted customers with inquiries and provided all pertinent information.
• Communicate and Coordinate with internal departments and follow up on customer interactions.
• Keep records of customer interactions and transactions i.e record details of inquiries, comments and complaints and details of actions taken.
• Recognized for delivering quality service and products and for developing loyal customers, resulting in impressive sales.
Productive work place
Claims Segmentation Specialist, Grade18 (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 18, 2012
My typical day is starting from emails and new documents review. Because we are paperless, every morning I check "worklist" for new documents related to my claims. Every work day I get 5-10 new claims assigned by manager. While monitoring my pending I love negotiation process and always try to do my best to decrease the company net losses. I am working in friendly environment, dealing with great co-workers and high professional management team.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Challenging and rewarding work enviorment
Process Technican (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 4, 2012
Prioritizing and managing my inventory of audits to complete/finalize 10 audits or more per day. I have learned how to work independtly as this is a remote access job. My management and co-workers are extremely professional, helpful and resourceful. System issues are challenging due to updates and server locking. I enjoy learning something new everyday,problem solving and researching.
Pros
rworking from home
Cons
lunch
A typical day at work requires a lot of multi-tasking.
Executive Liability Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 8, 2013
A typical day at work requires a lot of multi-tasking. I learned about the underwriting side of the business. The environment was fast-paced, but I found the expectations to be unrealistic. The work was new & difficult for me, but I gave it my best. Incompetent management if a manager was in that position locally and limited on-line training provided.
Cons
no hands on training, incompetent management
Great internship
Underwriter's Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 7, 2014
Great experience working for a company under such a large name as AIG.
Pros
great reputation and work/life balance
Cons
very corporate
Detail Oriented
Workers' Compensation Research Claims Lead (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAFebruary 5, 2015
My position as a Lead was to ensure that both the internal and the external customer was satisfied. The internal customer being the adjuster and the underwriter to ensure they have all necessary information. For the external customer, my goal was ensure they were in continuous contact with results.
Close to Home but My Manager & Supervisor Stunk
Business Analyst & Deployment Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Berkeley Heights, NJSeptember 5, 2012
As I expected, the environment was fast-paced, but I found the expectations to be unrealistic. My trainer was excellent, but the manager & supervisor were both cut-throats & jerks. Real back-stabbers. The work was new & difficult for me, but I gave it my best.
Management Issues
Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Berkeley Heights, NJAugust 10, 2012
When working there i was surprised at the lack of moral or ethical behavior among the upper-management. the pressure of the work, which is simple and redundant, was very unnecessary, but i have built long and lasting relationships.
Pros
pay and ot was available
Cons
sense of urgency was very much over done.

Comment – November 12, 2012

Extraordinary politically correct environment. Many layers of management, internal clients and communications challenges. If you're not of the 'cube farm' predisposition stay away from the Berkeley Heights operation. And with a new rating system for employees that pits disparate job types against each other for high ratings which equal bonus amounts, there's a growing degree of discontent.

Chartis is a great company to work for
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Berkeley HeightsAugust 2, 2012
I feel Chartis overall is a great company to work for. The leadership, compensation, benefits, and guidance allows individuals to keep motivated.
Top Notch P&C Company
VP, Financial Planning & Analysis (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 24, 2012
Chartis offered a great environment, entrepreneurial and challenging. Many opportunities for learning, career advancement. Excellent colleagues and a positive workplace
An overall great place to work
Sr. Loss Sensitive Analyst - Commercial Insurance (Current Employee) –  Berkeley Heights, NJAugust 18, 2012
Chartis is a great place to work. It supports a good work/life balance. The compan is also involved in many, many charitable activities that the employees get to participate in.
Glad to leave
First Notice of Loss Claims Rep (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSMarch 8, 2015
Great place to work if you are a college student. Not so great place if you aren't. They have a high turn over rate. they do not pay enough.