Chartis Employee Reviews

Challenging and rewarding work enviorment
Process Technican (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ4 July 2012
Prioritizing and managing my inventory of audits to complete/finalize 10 audits or more per day. I have learned how to work independtly as this is a remote access job. My management and co-workers are extremely professional, helpful and resourceful. System issues are challenging due to updates and server locking. I enjoy learning something new everyday,problem solving and researching.
Pros
rworking from home
Cons
lunch
A typical day at work requires a lot of multi-tasking.
Executive Liability Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX8 July 2013
A typical day at work requires a lot of multi-tasking. I learned about the underwriting side of the business. The environment was fast-paced, but I found the expectations to be unrealistic. The work was new & difficult for me, but I gave it my best. Incompetent management if a manager was in that position locally and limited on-line training provided.
Cons
No hands on training, Incompetent management
Productive and enjoyable workplace
FNOL Advisor (Current Employee) –  Chesterfield29 May 2013
A typical day would be taking incoming calls and imputing motor claims, arranging repairs and recoveries quickly and completing the relevant paperwork.
The management are friendly and easy to get on with although when things had to go through multiple people things become slow. My co-workers are great, we have a nice balance of being a hard working team and social interaction.
The hardest part of my job is sometimes the most satisfying when someone is hard to please but you manage to help them and they are pleased with your work. I especially love the customers who easy to connect with and you can have a friendly yet professional interaction with.
Pros
Reasonable pay, free parking
Cons
fast staff turn over
Challenging development experiences
Application software manager (Current Employee) –  Parsippany, NJ4 September 2012
1) Managing assignments for SAP MDM
2) Automating systems that only provide manual interfaces improves performance, functionality and error reduction
3) Explanation of tasks to subordinates to improve effiency
4) I want to work with smart people who add and question ideas instead of just following orders
5) Continuing to grow
6) Successful completion of an assignment
Worked with the sales and marketing of company products.
Business Development Executive (Former Employee) –  San Juan, PR1 August 2012
Direct contacts with Producers.
Worked together with the Profit Centers to achieve their assigned budgets.
Prepared proposals, brochures, flyers, and presentations for clients and producers.
Liaison between the clients/producers and the Profit Centers.
Pros
gained experience from the corporate world.
Cons
not a challenging job.
Worked with top professionals in the field
Claims Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NY26 June 2014
Gained a lot of experience through mentors, eventually I became a mentor to others newly hired and the mentees eventually moved on to promotions, Productive and professional environment to work in
Pros
Excellent inhouse continuing education and licensing coordination, Great benefits and reasonable salary
Cons
Many times work flowed into the weekend.
Worked as Sales Executive
Customer Sales (Former Employee) –  Dubai, DU25 October 2014
Responsibilities:
• Answering calls in a prompt courteous manner.
• Communicating information clearly and accurately.
• Promote teamwork and call center success.
• Developed Work with the support team to ensure service level requirements are exceeded.
• Developed credibility and confidence with customers.
• Captured Customer information correctly and accurately.
• Assisted customers with inquiries and provided all pertinent information.
• Communicate and Coordinate with internal departments and follow up on customer interactions.
• Keep records of customer interactions and transactions i.e record details of inquiries, comments and complaints and details of actions taken.
• Recognized for delivering quality service and products and for developing loyal customers, resulting in impressive sales.
Detail Oriented
Workers' Compensation Research Claims Lead (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GA5 February 2015
My position as a Lead was to ensure that both the internal and the external customer was satisfied. The internal customer being the adjuster and the underwriter to ensure they have all necessary information. For the external customer, my goal was ensure they were in continuous contact with results.
I love to work there
Data modeler / Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Parsippany, NJ7 December 2014
I work project to create conceptual to physical schemas OLTP DMM plan, blueprint for an data design and work on OLAP ERM. Generate graphical diagrams to drill into to view detailed metadata. Using ERwind to crystal reports.Export reports to HTML and CSV and customize report.Improve lookup transformation performance of data. Work efficiently with Session Management, Mart Administration, Security, AD via LDAP, and Model Locking. Set app roles, Data Movement sources, Naming Standards,Partitions Functions, Relationships, Validation rules, create Trigger , Workload Groups and data type standards are integrated with models and support for SQL Azure. Select objects and properties for easy editing. Set Target SQL DBMS ( Oracle, SQL Server, DB2 for LUW, MySQL, Sybase, ODBC/Generic and Default SQL Server Data type). Set key Option NOT NULL or NULL.
Chaotic environment full of clicks and rumors, totally unprofessional.
First Notice of Loss Intake Specialist (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GA27 August 2012
Working for this company is for one who believes in looking out for themselves, and staying to themselves. Getting close to people only gets you turned on. Everyone's business gets thrown around, and it's run by a micromanagement team of "yes men", and rules are created by those who obviously have never done the job. People are underpaid coming in the door, and your success is not based on your ability and work ethic. It's based on who you befriend, and even then once you get the position, it's only if they see in you that they can use you as a personal spawn to accomplish their dirty work.
Pros
free parking, cheap beverages.
Cons
lazy people get important positions, which means the most important and vital positions have someone either with an attitude, or a phone they won't answer.
A global insurance company which offers a long term career.
Talent Acquisition Manager (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg Parktown12 November 2012
Typical day at work: no day is the same, many challenges and rewarding to see the outcome;
What I learned: learn every day, mostly patience and to listen.
Management: must lead their people;
Co-workers: very compatible and supportive and work well in the team;
Hardest part of the job: to dismiss an employee - but it gets done in a very humane fashion;
Most enjoyable part of job: the interaction with all staff - variety of issues - problem solving and seeing staff happy and rewarded.

Dynamic global company with best practice standards. Offers global opportunities to staff.
Many challenges and fast paced working environment. Great staff, professional and hardworking.
Pros
global company - strong competitor in insurance industry
Cons
highly regulated by various legislative bodies and global office
Nice Place to Work & Nice Group of co-workers
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  175 Water Street16 August 2015
Fun Working Place with supportive management & nice co-workers. Everyone worked as Team Members. Great Location, Great Benefits & Salary.
Pros
Great Location
Cons
Not enough work
Fast pace enviroment, very exciting and great exposure. There was never a dull moment.
SENIOR UNDERWRITER (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CA17 July 2012
There was never a typical day and I guess that was what you could say was the norm. The company is known for being an innovator in the market place so we were pivoting on a daily basis to server our customer. I learned that I never want to work for someone who lacks ambition and is waiting to retire and I also learned that with the right focus and continuous communication you can evolve out of any crisis (AIG financial crisis). Company is management seems top heavy, too many EVPs, VPs and SVPs. The challenging part of the job was trying to sell a product which just suffered major brand damage. Most enjoyable part of the job was the exposure to various companies and markets.
Pros
company is innovative in its approach to accepting risk.
Cons
the company is seen by competitors as being too innovative in the industry.
Not A Good Work Environment
Underwriting Technician (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GA9 July 2012
This company talks about teamwork but doesn't facilitate that philosphy in its individual units. Many unhappy and dissatisfied employees. Employee counterparts are unprofessional, rude and unwilling to assist. Management is more like the good old boys club. Management turns a blind eye when people who are good at their jobs but not with other people. They put people in charge who don't want to be and those people who are suppose to train don't want to share information. Most of the employees have a bad opinion of the company and express bias. They don't appreciate employees and more interested in profits than making happy employees. A happy employee creates a profitable environment for everyone concerned. Management isn't respectful to subordinates and are lazy and look to blame assistants for their mistakes, so document, document and document.
Close to Home but My Manager & Supervisor Stunk
Business Analyst & Deployment Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Berkeley Heights, NJ5 September 2012
As I expected, the environment was fast-paced, but I found the expectations to be unrealistic. My trainer was excellent, but the manager & supervisor were both cut-throats & jerks. Real back-stabbers. The work was new & difficult for me, but I gave it my best.
Management Issues
Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Berkeley Heights, NJ10 August 2012
When working there i was surprised at the lack of moral or ethical behavior among the upper-management. the pressure of the work, which is simple and redundant, was very unnecessary, but i have built long and lasting relationships.
Pros
pay and ot was available
Cons
sense of urgency was very much over done.
not as good as it was
Underwriting Assistant (Former Employee) –  Maitland, FL27 June 2012
Chartis was a good place to work when it was AIG. After it's financial collapse, government bail out, and name change to Chartis, it hasn't been the same company you can rely on to retire with after years of service.
Pros
good place to learn the various fields of insurance
Cons
currently downsizing
Productive a great way to learn about commercial insurance
Premium Audit Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ8 August 2013
Took inbound phone calls from insured's who had Worker's Comp. policies for their employees. They called to either dispute their audit if something was calculated incorrectly, or to get information on how they could schedule their payroll audit with one of our auditors. We also rec'd requests via email, and fax. We would open the dispute if necessary and forward the information onto our audit techs for completion of the requests. We would also do call backs from the voice mail messages left, the hardest part could be the multitasking, but when you get a rhythm going, it's ok. I enjoyed talking to a lot of the insured's that would call in because you can build a client-customer service with them.
Pros
the company took care of their employees, we would have out of the office lunch meetings, company picnic time.
Cons
unfortunately would have to face angry people who knew about the AIG bailout amongs other things.
shoddy management, no career advancement
claim examiner (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX12 October 2012
they hire through personal connection than job performance; almost entirely female office full of bickering, resentmen and unusual enmity when a younger one comes in, and way too much of gossip. incompetent management
Cons
short breaks
database administration
Oracle Database Administrator (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJ1 December 2014
database administration, production support, installation, configuration, upgrades, patches, migration, backup and recovery, performance tuning,capacity planning, Dataguard , RAC, cloning, space management and security.