Chartis Employee Reviews

stable company
Administrative Assistant and Claims Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Ramon, CA20 May 2014
A very profitable and stable company but not employee friendly.
Pros
locations all over the world
Cons
do not care about there employees
productive work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Diego, Ca13 May 2014
Loved this job! This job was very rewarding! I enjoyed providing customer service to clients! The job kept me busy!
Pros
employee moral
Cons
travel time
overall a good experience.
Lead Business Analyst (onsite coordinator) (Former Employee) –  上海市, C2313 March 2014
good company to work with and healthy work culture
Good experience in global delivery model.
Challenging, lack of management expertise, good team work
Accountant 1 (Current Employee) –  New York, NY26 February 2014
Good learning experience, however no job efficiency and lack of expertise in the management process. There isn't any work process as the management is trying to understand and streamline our work so basically management is using us a the guinea pigs to test things out. The hardest part of the job is to juggle work and personal life. Long hours and management is never satisfied with our work. People are quitting and we are giving more responsiblities. My co workers are great. We have great team work and always available to offer help. I started as Accountant1 five years ago and still I am an Accountant1 even though I am required to do more work with more job responsibilities. There isn't any job security. The enjoyable part of the job is to learn and my coworkers are enjoyable. The hardest part of the job is that we have our duties but more duties are given to us and we are expected to learn it quickly. Since management is trying to streamline processes, they are basically confused on how to start and finish. I am efficient and a hard working person, however if the job doesn't entail a flow of work or job efficiency, then it gets a bit difficult to follow.
Pros
teamwork
Cons
management
ok place to work
Investment Accountant (Former Employee) –  New York, NY8 February 2014
Management is cutting corners everywhere. Red tape everywhere. There is a lot of work and not enough time to finish the work.
Nice location with helpful workers
Senior Accountant (Former Employee) –  Berkeley Heights, NJ16 January 2014
Typical accounting work, closings and posting of journal entries. Many people that worked there were set in their ways and we adverse to change.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Old systems leading to lots of overtime
Great working experience
Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Berkeley Heights, New Jersey15 January 2014
Primary Underwriter for all New Business and Renewal accounts for the Accident & Health Dept. / Small Business Philadelphia and Atlanta regions respectively.
Face of AIG Small Business to the Regions
Development of business proposals for Small Business
Rated and quoted policies
Responsible for Business Travel Accident and Specialty Market accounts
Audited Underwriting Analyst
Forecasted budget
Travel with Sales Representatives on Broker calls / Sales / Customer Service
Underwriter for more complex and difficult accounts
Issuing Policies as well as rating and processing endorsements
Pros
Great work enviroment
Cons
Job security was not a problem with this company.
BENEFITS SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GA2 January 2014
My typical day at work would include making sure that my clients' disability checks were properly distributed. This was very important because these checks would be their only source of income. This position has taught me how to manage and follow up on specific tasks. The hardest part of this job was to leave your assignments/feelings at the job. The most enjoyable part of my job was to hear the smile on my clients' faces when you would have their check issued immediately to them.
Pros
Employee recognition and job stability
Cons
Lack of enthusiasm from coworkers
Fun workplace
Head of Commercial Lines (Former Employee) –  Sri Lanka12 November 2013
Very good place to work and learn
Sometime too much work pressure
Great
Agent (Former Employee) –  Miramar, FL9 October 2013
Great place to work while i was a student . Great staff and enviornment.
Call Center
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  2 Acquarium Drive, Camden, New Jersey9 October 2013
Customer Service Calls on
Medical benefits and
Medical Claims
Pros
Comfortable work environment
Cons
No room for advancement
Very Productive and enjoyable workplace with excellent benefits
CASHIER & Accounts Payable clerk (Former Employee) –  East Croydon4 October 2013
typical day at work very productive always learning new things
Learned how to use banking systems, the specific job roles of a Cashier and an Accounts Payable Clerk
Management was excellent, supportive
Co-workers Supportive and great to work with
Hardest part of the job I would say more challenging Christmas and New Years Cashier job was very hectic
Most enjoyable part of the job learning new things and doing charity fund rasier days
Pros
Free lunches, denim day on fridays
Cons
N/A
excellent place to work
CASHIER/ACCOUNTS PAYABLE (Former Employee) –  Croydon25 September 2013
typical day at work was always different and challenging,always learned something new on a regular basis
Management was excellent always helpful and supportive
Co-workers were easy to work with especially in a team
Hardest part of the job I wouldn't say hard but very busy month ends and Christmas

Most enjoyable part of the job was also learning how to use banking systems, the intensity of the work load I thrived on it.

Overall loved the job and workplace
Pros
Free lunches, Charity Fund Raiser Days
Productive and Family Oriented Company
Workers Comp Claims Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TX24 August 2013
Over the 20 years I have learned and valued the importance of customers services, being a typical day of work solving & completed daily task assignment. I have played the roll daily as a teammate helping co-worker when needed, being a valuable role player. Hardest part of the job is leaving daily when you know there is so much more you want to do . The most enjoyable and rewarding is to know that I have achieved the best customers services and I have given 250% of my day.
Pros
Benefits, work hours, and the morale
Cons
No room for growth, lack of management
Productive a great way to learn about commercial insurance
Premium Audit Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ8 August 2013
Took inbound phone calls from insured's who had Worker's Comp. policies for their employees. They called to either dispute their audit if something was calculated incorrectly, or to get information on how they could schedule their payroll audit with one of our auditors. We also rec'd requests via email, and fax. We would open the dispute if necessary and forward the information onto our audit techs for completion of the requests. We would also do call backs from the voice mail messages left, the hardest part could be the multitasking, but when you get a rhythm going, it's ok. I enjoyed talking to a lot of the insured's that would call in because you can build a client-customer service with them.
Pros
the company took care of their employees, we would have out of the office lunch meetings, company picnic time.
Cons
unfortunately would have to face angry people who knew about the AIG bailout amongs other things.
A typical day at work requires a lot of multi-tasking.
Executive Liability Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX8 July 2013
A typical day at work requires a lot of multi-tasking. I learned about the underwriting side of the business. The environment was fast-paced, but I found the expectations to be unrealistic. The work was new & difficult for me, but I gave it my best. Incompetent management if a manager was in that position locally and limited on-line training provided.
Cons
No hands on training, Incompetent management
confortable chats with supervisors
Oracle Database Administrator (Current Employee) –  Jersey City, NJ31 May 2013
A typical day at work is full of fun, for the most part, oracle database administration has alot of repetitive task but i bet you it is alot of fun doing. In my career as a DBA i have learned so much from backup and recovery best practices to SQL tuning and optimization just to name a few. so far i must say i have been very lucky working with co-workers who are fun loving, entertaining and ultimately great team players. As strange as it may sound one of my most difficult moments in the job was upgrading from 10g to 11g. The fun of taking client tickets and solving their problems and then seeing the joy they have makes me fill so fulfilled.
Pros
free coffee
Cons
short dance
Productive and enjoyable workplace
FNOL Advisor (Current Employee) –  Chesterfield29 May 2013
A typical day would be taking incoming calls and imputing motor claims, arranging repairs and recoveries quickly and completing the relevant paperwork.
The management are friendly and easy to get on with although when things had to go through multiple people things become slow. My co-workers are great, we have a nice balance of being a hard working team and social interaction.
The hardest part of my job is sometimes the most satisfying when someone is hard to please but you manage to help them and they are pleased with your work. I especially love the customers who easy to connect with and you can have a friendly yet professional interaction with.
Pros
Reasonable pay, free parking
Cons
fast staff turn over
ADMIN ISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Hato Rey, PR1 April 2013
I did whatever they asked me to do, even if it was working in the file room. Learned a little on how to interact with clients.
Great place to work a one time, customer and employee driven
Premium Audit Technician (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ26 December 2012
Learned alot about comerical auto and general liability, quiet and peacful atmostphere.
Pros
employee programs, team building activities.
Cons
economy, and association with aig limited jobs