Chartis

Chartis Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great place to work a one time, customer and employee driven
Premium Audit Technician (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZDecember 26, 2012
Pros: employee programs, team building activities.
Cons: economy, and association with aig limited jobs
Learned alot about comerical auto and general liability, quiet and peacful atmostphere.
process worker comp audits
Premium Audit Processing Technician (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZDecember 17, 2012
Pros: room to grow
Cons: overwhelming at times
typical work day you meet your goal to process 8-12 audits, my coworkers were great.
A global insurance company which offers a long term career.
Talent Acquisition Manager (Current Employee), Johannesburg ParktownNovember 12, 2012
Pros: global company - strong competitor in insurance industry
Cons: highly regulated by various legislative bodies and global office
Typical day at work: no day is the same, many challenges and rewarding to see the outcome;
What I learned: learn every day, mostly patience and to listen.
Management: must lead their people;
Co-workers: very compatible and supportive and work well in the team;
Hardest part of the job: to dismiss an employee - but it gets done in a very humane fashion;
Most – more... enjoyable part of job: the interaction with all staff - variety of issues - problem solving and seeing staff happy and rewarded.

Dynamic global company with best practice standards. Offers global opportunities to staff.
Many challenges and fast paced working environment. Great staff, professional and hardworking. – less
Productive and comfortable atmosphere inside the Call Center
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Alpharetta, GAOctober 19, 2012
Pros: weekly incentitives
Cons: having to monitor rest room breaks.
Daily answered inquires from claimants, medical providers, employers, lawyers, and brokers regarding a workers compensation claim.

Call Center was comfortable and not stressful because Team Leads were available when needed and was very helpful. Got to learn a lot regarding Worker's Comp insurance. Most hardest part was having to hear unfortunate situations – more... most claimants were placed in due to not receiving their Worker's Comp benefit checks on time.

I thoroughly enjoyed working with my co-workers. We truly worked as a team. – less
Productive work place
Claims Segmentation Specialist, Grade18 (Current Employee), New York, NYOctober 18, 2012
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
My typical day is starting from emails and new documents review. Because we are paperless, every morning I check "worklist" for new documents related to my claims. Every work day I get 5-10 new claims assigned by manager. While monitoring my pending I love negotiation process and always try to do my best to decrease the company net losses. I am working – more... in friendly environment, dealing with great co-workers and high professional management team. – less
good learning experience
Vice President-Head of Operations (Former Employee), New York, NYOctober 16, 2012
good learning experience..........................................................................................
Poor Management.
Underwriting Technician - Construction (Current Employee), Berkeley Heights, NJOctober 15, 2012
A tyical day at work requires a lot of multi-tasking. I learned about the underwriting side of the business. The majority of my co-workers are a pleasure to work with.
shoddy management, no career advancement
claim examiner (Former Employee), Houston, TXOctober 12, 2012
Cons: short breaks
they hire through personal connection than job performance; almost entirely female office full of bickering, resentmen and unusual enmity when a younger one comes in, and way too much of gossip. incompetent management
PRODUCTIVE WORKPLACE
IT HELP DESK (Current Employee), JOHANNESBURGOctober 4, 2012
IT IS CHALLENGING AND IVE ALSO LEARNED ALOT FROM MY COLLEGUES
I ENJOY THIS JOB CAUSE IVE HAVE PASSION IN IT
Very good
Senior Underwriting Assistant (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZSeptember 28, 2012
Pros: good company
Cons: production base less of quality
-Busy, multi-tasking was applied
-State / Industry Standard
-Goal Oriented
-Get along good
-Month end
-Learning a lot of new avenues
Close to Home but My Manager & Supervisor Stunk
Business Analyst & Deployment Coordinator (Former Employee), Berkeley Heights, NJSeptember 5, 2012
As I expected, the environment was fast-paced, but I found the expectations to be unrealistic. My trainer was excellent, but the manager & supervisor were both cut-throats & jerks. Real back-stabbers. The work was new & difficult for me, but I gave it my best.
Ok company to work for
Underwriter (Former Employee), Atlanta, GASeptember 4, 2012
Work was busy at times. Line of communication was not always clear from management down.
Challenging development experiences
Application software manager (Current Employee), Parsippany, NJSeptember 4, 2012
1) Managing assignments for SAP MDM
2) Automating systems that only provide manual interfaces improves performance, functionality and error reduction
3) Explanation of tasks to subordinates to improve effiency
4) I want to work with smart people who add and question ideas instead of just following orders
5) Continuing to grow
6) Successful completion – more... of an assignment – less
Chaotic environment full of clicks and rumors, totally unprofessional.
First Notice of Loss Intake Specialist (Former Employee), Alpharetta, GAAugust 27, 2012
Pros: free parking, cheap beverages.
Cons: lazy people get important positions, which means the most important and vital positions have someone either with an attitude, or a phone they won't answer.
Working for this company is for one who believes in looking out for themselves, and staying to themselves. Getting close to people only gets you turned on. Everyone's business gets thrown around, and it's run by a micromanagement team of "yes men", and rules are created by those who obviously have never done the job. People are underpaid coming in the – more... door, and your success is not based on your ability and work ethic. It's based on who you befriend, and even then once you get the position, it's only if they see in you that they can use you as a personal spawn to accomplish their dirty work. – less
An overall great place to work
Sr. Loss Sensitive Analyst - Commercial Insurance (Current Employee), Berkeley Heights, NJAugust 18, 2012
Chartis is a great place to work. It supports a good work/life balance. The compan is also involved in many, many charitable activities that the employees get to participate in.
Management Issues
Billing Specialist (Former Employee), Berkeley Heights, NJAugust 10, 2012
Pros: pay and ot was available
Cons: sense of urgency was very much over done.
When working there i was surprised at the lack of moral or ethical behavior among the upper-management. the pressure of the work, which is simple and redundant, was very unnecessary, but i have built long and lasting relationships.

3748 – November 12, 2012

Extraordinary politically correct environment. Many layers of management, internal clients and communications challenges. If you're not of the 'cube farm' predisposition stay away from the Berkeley Heights operation. And with a new rating system for employees that pits disparate job types against each other for high ratings which equal bonus amounts, there's a growing degree of discontent.

Interesting Work Environment
Underwriter Assistant (Former Employee), Parsippany, NJAugust 7, 2012
Pros: lax office environment
Cons: overwhelming expectations at times, lack of training
One of the better work environments in terms of people to work with. Unfortunately due to the economic climate, the changes made were very harsh to the staff, from health care changes to staff layoffs.
The people are incredible and really can perform under intense pressure. The knowledge attained from the day to day operations is top notch. However, – more... most times it seems as though the staff does not get the credit or reap any rewards for their hard work – less
Chartis is a great company to work for
Supervisor (Current Employee), Berkeley HeightsAugust 2, 2012
I feel Chartis overall is a great company to work for. The leadership, compensation, benefits, and guidance allows individuals to keep motivated.
Worked with the sales and marketing of company products.
Business Development Executive (Former Employee), San Juan, PRAugust 1, 2012
Pros: gained experience from the corporate world.
Cons: not a challenging job.
Direct contacts with Producers.
Worked together with the Profit Centers to achieve their assigned budgets.
Prepared proposals, brochures, flyers, and presentations for clients and producers.
Liaison between the clients/producers and the Profit Centers.
Fast pace enviroment, very exciting and great exposure. There was never a dull moment.
SENIOR UNDERWRITER (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAJuly 17, 2012
Pros: company is innovative in its approach to accepting risk.
Cons: the company is seen by competitors as being too innovative in the industry.
There was never a typical day and I guess that was what you could say was the norm. The company is known for being an innovator in the market place so we were pivoting on a daily basis to server our customer. I learned that I never want to work for someone who lacks ambition and is waiting to retire and I also learned that with the right focus and continuous – more... communication you can evolve out of any crisis (AIG financial crisis). Company is management seems top heavy, too many EVPs, VPs and SVPs. The challenging part of the job was trying to sell a product which just suffered major brand damage. Most enjoyable part of the job was the exposure to various companies and markets. – less

About Chartis

Even to this day American International Group (AIG) is one of the world's largest insurance firms. While it held the spotlight – Read more