Chartis Employee Reviews

Productive and best company
Legal Collection Assistant Representative (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 3, 2016
Dynamic and diverse environment. Loved the experienced. Smart people, they value their employees. Fantastic place to start and build your career, great place to work, great benefits and most of all great atmosophere.
Pros
Free lunches, Free tickets, long breaks, good healthcares, good peoples, good atmosphere.
Professional and highly efficient work environment.
Underwriting Technician (Current Employee) –  Jersey City, NJOctober 13, 2015
Professional work environment. Ability to learn and grow in position.
generous salary and compensation package. fortune 500 insurance company providing insurance coverage to fortune 500 companies.
Great place to gain knowledge and understand of the legal field.
Legal Secretary (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJune 11, 2015
I was able to gain great knowledge and skills with this company. A typical work day was extremely busy as I assisted 4 worker compensation attorneys. I had terrific co-workers and an awesome management team. The hardest part of the job was the workload that I had to maintain (very busy). The most enjoyable part of the job was all the knowledge I was able to gain.
Pros
Developed great skills and experience
Cons
No cons
Nice Place to Work & Nice Group of co-workers
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  175 Water StreetAugust 16, 2015
Fun Working Place with supportive management & nice co-workers. Everyone worked as Team Members. Great Location, Great Benefits & Salary.
Pros
Great Location
Cons
Not enough work
friendly co workers
OFFICER (Former Employee) –  Kuala LumpurFebruary 26, 2016
New many things i learn in this insurance company as i only have wide experience in banking. Friendly environment and easy job.
During interview already told them i may go to Korea for 10 day for my theological studies, everything goes well but my visit to Korea clashes with Hari Raya, and due to this they did not approve my leave. That's why i resign because of my studies.
Pros
EASY JOB
Cons
DID'NT APPROVE MY STUDY LEAVE
excellent place to work
CASHIER/ACCOUNTS PAYABLE (Former Employee) –  CroydonSeptember 25, 2013
typical day at work was always different and challenging,always learned something new on a regular basis
Management was excellent always helpful and supportive
Co-workers were easy to work with especially in a team
Hardest part of the job I wouldn't say hard but very busy month ends and Christmas

Most enjoyable part of the job was also learning how to use banking systems, the intensity of the work load I thrived on it.

Overall loved the job and workplace
Pros
free lunches, charity fund raiser days
Productive and Family Oriented Company
Workers Comp Claims Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 24, 2013
Over the 20 years I have learned and valued the importance of customers services, being a typical day of work solving & completed daily task assignment. I have played the roll daily as a teammate helping co-worker when needed, being a valuable role player. Hardest part of the job is leaving daily when you know there is so much more you want to do . The most enjoyable and rewarding is to know that I have achieved the best customers services and I have given 250% of my day.
Pros
benefits, work hours, and the morale
Cons
no room for growth, lack of management
Leader in Healthcare Consulting
Associate Principal (Current Employee) –  Macomb, MINovember 17, 2015
The Chartis Group is the industry leader in healthcare consulting. I have felt an inclusion in the culture and organizational teams. Tremendous growth opportunities with the company and ability to contribute to firm offerings. I have been traveling for 6 years straight and only wish to leave due to the travel commitment.
Pros
Outstanding organization, great growth opportunities and personal contributions to the firm.
Cons
Travel
loved my job and team
Customer Service & Accounts Payable (Former Employee) –  DocklandsAugust 3, 2015
Had a great team and i loved my job very much but management and job culture and security was very low. After years of hard work and relationship building with clients and proving myself we were told to find another job as there were no hope of us ever getting a full time job with them and they had moved the center and accounting to Malaysia and profit is more important.
Pros
loved my job and my team very much
Cons
no job security or worth or care and no growth or incentives
Productive and comfortable atmosphere inside the Call Center
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAOctober 19, 2012
Daily answered inquires from claimants, medical providers, employers, lawyers, and brokers regarding a workers compensation claim.

Call Center was comfortable and not stressful because Team Leads were available when needed and was very helpful. Got to learn a lot regarding Worker's Comp insurance. Most hardest part was having to hear unfortunate situations most claimants were placed in due to not receiving their Worker's Comp benefit checks on time.

I thoroughly enjoyed working with my co-workers. We truly worked as a team.
Pros
weekly incentitives
Cons
having to monitor rest room breaks.
Excellent company to get good knowledge at manufacturing domai
Technical lead (Former Employee) –  Parsippany, NJMarch 15, 2016
Excellent company to get good knowledge at manufacturing domain. Latest technologies use to upgrade the systems. Cognos and Tableau latest technologies are using with new business
Worked with top professionals in the field
Claims Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 26, 2014
Gained a lot of experience through mentors, eventually I became a mentor to others newly hired and the mentees eventually moved on to promotions, Productive and professional environment to work in
Pros
excellent inhouse continuing education and licensing coordination, great benefits and reasonable salary
Cons
many times work flowed into the weekend.
Call Center
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  2 Acquarium Drive, Camden, New JerseyOctober 9, 2013
Customer Service Calls on
Medical benefits and
Medical Claims
Pros
comfortable work environment
Cons
no room for advancement
Chartis is a great company to work for
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Berkeley HeightsAugust 2, 2012
I feel Chartis overall is a great company to work for. The leadership, compensation, benefits, and guidance allows individuals to keep motivated.
Challenging, lack of management expertise, good team work
Accountant 1 (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 26, 2014
Good learning experience, however no job efficiency and lack of expertise in the management process. There isn't any work process as the management is trying to understand and streamline our work so basically management is using us a the guinea pigs to test things out. The hardest part of the job is to juggle work and personal life. Long hours and management is never satisfied with our work. People are quitting and we are giving more responsiblities. My co workers are great. We have great team work and always available to offer help. I started as Accountant1 five years ago and still I am an Accountant1 even though I am required to do more work with more job responsibilities. There isn't any job security. The enjoyable part of the job is to learn and my coworkers are enjoyable. The hardest part of the job is that we have our duties but more duties are given to us and we are expected to learn it quickly. Since management is trying to streamline processes, they are basically confused on how to start and finish. I am efficient and a hard working person, however if the job doesn't entail a flow of work or job efficiency, then it gets a bit difficult to follow.
Pros
teamwork
Cons
management
Great Company
Validation Tech (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KansasFebruary 1, 2012
This is one great company to work for.I would recommend this job to anyone.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
ok pay increase
Good company,
Senior Premium Auditor (Current Employee) –  Bay Shore, NYAugust 10, 2015
Typical day is traveling to insured's place of business to review records and adjust premium of the policy. Good relationship with co-workers and management. Most enjoyable part is going to different business and speaking to different people. Hardest part is when have to travel a long distance.
Growth Enviroment that will allow skills, talents, and traits to shine.
Senior Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Berkeley Heights, NJNovember 25, 2014
I really enjoy working with the public and i hope to excel in my customer service experience. Working now with a church ministry has really put my life in new perspective with working with the people, specifically people who are truly in need of every day items. It has made me humble to know that i have been blessed even when unemployed, because i am still able to lean on my degree and allow my education and ability to adapt and learn new skills willingly to guide and protect my career path. Therefore I hope to spread that positive attitude in my new work environment and allow it to be my podium that i lean on when looking for a career path and so far it has such a success, because along the way i have encounter such wonderful people who with career mind and strong focus on long term goals they are still grounded with humility and strength to give back to their community.
Pros
i enjoyed working with people
Cons
the long lines and short tempers at times
I love to work there
Data modeler / Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Parsippany, NJDecember 7, 2014
I work project to create conceptual to physical schemas OLTP DMM plan, blueprint for an data design and work on OLAP ERM. Generate graphical diagrams to drill into to view detailed metadata. Using ERwind to crystal reports.Export reports to HTML and CSV and customize report.Improve lookup transformation performance of data. Work efficiently with Session Management, Mart Administration, Security, AD via LDAP, and Model Locking. Set app roles, Data Movement sources, Naming Standards,Partitions Functions, Relationships, Validation rules, create Trigger , Workload Groups and data type standards are integrated with models and support for SQL Azure. Select objects and properties for easy editing. Set Target SQL DBMS ( Oracle, SQL Server, DB2 for LUW, MySQL, Sybase, ODBC/Generic and Default SQL Server Data type). Set key Option NOT NULL or NULL.
confortable chats with supervisors
Oracle Database Administrator (Current Employee) –  Jersey City, NJMay 31, 2013
A typical day at work is full of fun, for the most part, oracle database administration has alot of repetitive task but i bet you it is alot of fun doing. In my career as a DBA i have learned so much from backup and recovery best practices to SQL tuning and optimization just to name a few. so far i must say i have been very lucky working with co-workers who are fun loving, entertaining and ultimately great team players. As strange as it may sound one of my most difficult moments in the job was upgrading from 10g to 11g. The fun of taking client tickets and solving their problems and then seeing the joy they have makes me fill so fulfilled.
Pros
free coffee
Cons
short dance