Chartis Employee Reviews

friendly co workers
OFFICER (Former Employee) –  Kuala LumpurFebruary 26, 2016
New many things i learn in this insurance company as i only have wide experience in banking. Friendly environment and easy job.
During interview already told them i may go to Korea for 10 day for my theological studies, everything goes well but my visit to Korea clashes with Hari Raya, and due to this they did not approve my leave. That's why i resign because of my studies.
Pros
EASY JOB
Cons
DID'NT APPROVE MY STUDY LEAVE
Productive and best company
Legal Collection Assistant Representative (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 3, 2016
Dynamic and diverse environment. Loved the experienced. Smart people, they value their employees. Fantastic place to start and build your career, great place to work, great benefits and most of all great atmosophere.
Pros
Free lunches, Free tickets, long breaks, good healthcares, good peoples, good atmosphere.
Excellent company to get good knowledge at manufacturing domai
Technical lead (Former Employee) –  Parsippany, NJMarch 15, 2016
Excellent company to get good knowledge at manufacturing domain. Latest technologies use to upgrade the systems. Cognos and Tableau latest technologies are using with new business
Leader in Healthcare Consulting
Associate Principal (Current Employee) –  Macomb, MINovember 17, 2015
The Chartis Group is the industry leader in healthcare consulting. I have felt an inclusion in the culture and organizational teams. Tremendous growth opportunities with the company and ability to contribute to firm offerings. I have been traveling for 6 years straight and only wish to leave due to the travel commitment.
Pros
Outstanding organization, great growth opportunities and personal contributions to the firm.
Cons
Travel
Professional and highly efficient work environment.
Underwriting Technician (Current Employee) –  Jersey City, NJOctober 13, 2015
Professional work environment. Ability to learn and grow in position.
generous salary and compensation package. fortune 500 insurance company providing insurance coverage to fortune 500 companies.
loved my job and team
Customer Service & Accounts Payable (Former Employee) –  DocklandsAugust 3, 2015
Had a great team and i loved my job very much but management and job culture and security was very low. After years of hard work and relationship building with clients and proving myself we were told to find another job as there were no hope of us ever getting a full time job with them and they had moved the center and accounting to Malaysia and profit is more important.
Pros
loved my job and my team very much
Cons
no job security or worth or care and no growth or incentives
Great place to gain knowledge and understand of the legal field.
Legal Secretary (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJune 11, 2015
I was able to gain great knowledge and skills with this company. A typical work day was extremely busy as I assisted 4 worker compensation attorneys. I had terrific co-workers and an awesome management team. The hardest part of the job was the workload that I had to maintain (very busy). The most enjoyable part of the job was all the knowledge I was able to gain.
Pros
Developed great skills and experience
Cons
No cons
Nice Place to Work & Nice Group of co-workers
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  175 Water StreetAugust 16, 2015
Fun Working Place with supportive management & nice co-workers. Everyone worked as Team Members. Great Location, Great Benefits & Salary.
Pros
Great Location
Cons
Not enough work
Detail Oriented
Workers' Compensation Research Claims Lead (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAFebruary 5, 2015
My position as a Lead was to ensure that both the internal and the external customer was satisfied. The internal customer being the adjuster and the underwriter to ensure they have all necessary information. For the external customer, my goal was ensure they were in continuous contact with results.
I love to work there
Data modeler / Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Parsippany, NJDecember 7, 2014
I work project to create conceptual to physical schemas OLTP DMM plan, blueprint for an data design and work on OLAP ERM. Generate graphical diagrams to drill into to view detailed metadata. Using ERwind to crystal reports.Export reports to HTML and CSV and customize report.Improve lookup transformation performance of data. Work efficiently with Session Management, Mart Administration, Security, AD via LDAP, and Model Locking. Set app roles, Data Movement sources, Naming Standards,Partitions Functions, Relationships, Validation rules, create Trigger , Workload Groups and data type standards are integrated with models and support for SQL Azure. Select objects and properties for easy editing. Set Target SQL DBMS ( Oracle, SQL Server, DB2 for LUW, MySQL, Sybase, ODBC/Generic and Default SQL Server Data type). Set key Option NOT NULL or NULL.
productive
Cognos BI Developer and DWH Designer (Former Employee) –  Edison, NJMay 29, 2015
Good place to learn
friendly management
challenging job
good perks
helping to co-workers
the most enjoyable part of the job
Worked as Sales Executive
Customer Sales (Former Employee) –  Dubai, DUOctober 25, 2014
Responsibilities:
• Answering calls in a prompt courteous manner.
• Communicating information clearly and accurately.
• Promote teamwork and call center success.
• Developed Work with the support team to ensure service level requirements are exceeded.
• Developed credibility and confidence with customers.
• Captured Customer information correctly and accurately.
• Assisted customers with inquiries and provided all pertinent information.
• Communicate and Coordinate with internal departments and follow up on customer interactions.
• Keep records of customer interactions and transactions i.e record details of inquiries, comments and complaints and details of actions taken.
• Recognized for delivering quality service and products and for developing loyal customers, resulting in impressive sales.
Worked with top professionals in the field
Claims Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 26, 2014
Gained a lot of experience through mentors, eventually I became a mentor to others newly hired and the mentees eventually moved on to promotions, Productive and professional environment to work in
Pros
excellent inhouse continuing education and licensing coordination, great benefits and reasonable salary
Cons
many times work flowed into the weekend.
Great working experience
Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Berkeley Heights, New JerseyJanuary 15, 2014
Primary Underwriter for all New Business and Renewal accounts for the Accident & Health Dept. / Small Business Philadelphia and Atlanta regions respectively.
Face of AIG Small Business to the Regions
Development of business proposals for Small Business
Rated and quoted policies
Responsible for Business Travel Accident and Specialty Market accounts
Audited Underwriting Analyst
Forecasted budget
Travel with Sales Representatives on Broker calls / Sales / Customer Service
Underwriter for more complex and difficult accounts
Issuing Policies as well as rating and processing endorsements
Pros
great work enviroment
Job security was not a problem with this company.
BENEFITS SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAJanuary 2, 2014
My typical day at work would include making sure that my clients' disability checks were properly distributed. This was very important because these checks would be their only source of income. This position has taught me how to manage and follow up on specific tasks. The hardest part of this job was to leave your assignments/feelings at the job. The most enjoyable part of my job was to hear the smile on my clients' faces when you would have their check issued immediately to them.
Pros
employee recognition and job stability
Cons
lack of enthusiasm from coworkers
Very Productive and enjoyable workplace with excellent benefits
CASHIER & Accounts Payable clerk (Former Employee) –  East CroydonOctober 4, 2013
typical day at work very productive always learning new things
Learned how to use banking systems, the specific job roles of a Cashier and an Accounts Payable Clerk
Management was excellent, supportive
Co-workers Supportive and great to work with
Hardest part of the job I would say more challenging Christmas and New Years Cashier job was very hectic
Most enjoyable part of the job learning new things and doing charity fund rasier days
Pros
free lunches, denim day on fridays
Cons
n/a
excellent place to work
CASHIER/ACCOUNTS PAYABLE (Former Employee) –  CroydonSeptember 25, 2013
typical day at work was always different and challenging,always learned something new on a regular basis
Management was excellent always helpful and supportive
Co-workers were easy to work with especially in a team
Hardest part of the job I wouldn't say hard but very busy month ends and Christmas

Most enjoyable part of the job was also learning how to use banking systems, the intensity of the work load I thrived on it.

Overall loved the job and workplace
Pros
free lunches, charity fund raiser days
Productive and Family Oriented Company
Workers Comp Claims Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 24, 2013
Over the 20 years I have learned and valued the importance of customers services, being a typical day of work solving & completed daily task assignment. I have played the roll daily as a teammate helping co-worker when needed, being a valuable role player. Hardest part of the job is leaving daily when you know there is so much more you want to do . The most enjoyable and rewarding is to know that I have achieved the best customers services and I have given 250% of my day.
Pros
benefits, work hours, and the morale
Cons
no room for growth, lack of management
confortable chats with supervisors
Oracle Database Administrator (Current Employee) –  Jersey City, NJMay 31, 2013
A typical day at work is full of fun, for the most part, oracle database administration has alot of repetitive task but i bet you it is alot of fun doing. In my career as a DBA i have learned so much from backup and recovery best practices to SQL tuning and optimization just to name a few. so far i must say i have been very lucky working with co-workers who are fun loving, entertaining and ultimately great team players. As strange as it may sound one of my most difficult moments in the job was upgrading from 10g to 11g. The fun of taking client tickets and solving their problems and then seeing the joy they have makes me fill so fulfilled.
Pros
free coffee
Cons
short dance
A typical day at work requires a lot of multi-tasking.
Executive Liability Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 8, 2013
A typical day at work requires a lot of multi-tasking. I learned about the underwriting side of the business. The environment was fast-paced, but I found the expectations to be unrealistic. The work was new & difficult for me, but I gave it my best. Incompetent management if a manager was in that position locally and limited on-line training provided.
Cons
no hands on training, incompetent management