Charles River

Charles River Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
I'd love to stay here
Analyste Financière (Current Employee), Senneville, QCApril 22, 2014
Pros: only 6 km from my home
Cons: only a contract
But I am here only for 14.5 month on mat.leave replacement. Work environment is great, we are close to 1200 employees and I am sure I will cry when saying good-bye to everybody in May.
The Finance team is great and caring and helpful, all 12 people! Management is competent.
I have had a chance to learn many new skills here at CRL
Isolator floater technologist (Current Employee), Frederick, MDJuly 16, 2014
Pros: respect from management, support.
Cons: short breaks! no employee teams or employee day out anymore.
I would very much like to stay with CRL. CRL has given me some wonderful opportunities to learn new skills and they have supported my interests and education. A typical day at work is busy but rewarding.
Great for career minded individual
Veterinary Technician I (Former Employee), Rockville, MDFebruary 19, 2014
Great place to get skills and advance!! I worked for Charles River labs for 15 years.
Great benefits and hours
TECHNICIAN 2 (Former Employee), 400 Park Center DriveFebruary 12, 2014
Pros: great benefits and flixible work schedules.
Cons: layoffs
Charles River, was a interesting and challenging job. I enjoyed the six years I worked there. It was so different from anything I have every done. Working with twenty coworkers taught me how to deal with many types of personalities. It taught me patience and understanding. Breeding mice for the advancement of medical research was rewarding. I love animals, – more... so this made work very enjoyable. The hardest part of this job was leaving. I worked with wonderful co-workers and management. – less
Good experience
Assistant Supervisor of GCIS & Learning Center (Current Employee), Chicago, ILSeptember 11, 2013
Pros: experience
Cons: at times doing your job and the job of those who called in
As an assistant supervisor, you get to deal with people as well as animals ( in my job). I worked in that company for almost 10 years and now I want to move on and up. I did get to recommend treatment ways for sick mice and I did enjoy seeing them get healthier.
Just an OK place to work
Animal Care Technician I (Current Employee), Cambridge, MASeptember 2, 2013
Some people are smart, professional, and overall nice while my most recent experience as basically been the opposite. As a contractor I work in an environment where people can treat us badly with no repercussions from our host company and no protection from CRL.
learning experience
Animal Care Technician (Former Employee), Bethesda, MDApril 8, 2013
Pros: bonuses for completing tasks/studies
Cons: time clocks
cage caging and cleaning , autoclaving and euthanizing study animals. Paperwork completion on a daily basis. I learned how to operate co2 tanks and how to repair water systems.
A day at work and different department and duties that I've done
Lab Technician (Current Employee), Raleigh-Durham, NCJanuary 8, 2013
Pros: good health insurance
Cons: alot of miss-communication
A typical day would be going in get suited up in uniform,hat,mask and gloves enter into area and manually water and feed about 1000 cages of mice I will do that twice a week.A day of weaning about 700+ cages of mice, a day of littercounting the same sections weaned ,I have 3 different strains of mice that i do this with.We have two 15-30 min breaks – more... each day you must do your paperwork on half your break I have to Retire out amounts of cages each week set back up new cages. Clean all 700+ cages each week with little to no over time in doing it all.I have also work in the surgery department where I filled surgery orders for customers for rats and mice.I've worked in a rat department weighing stock getting up orders, timed pregs,tail bleeding,littercounting,weaning,breed and care for the animals.But through all of what I do the best part is leaving to go home each day sad but true. The people you work with make a huge difference in the work place. – less
Great job
Tech 2 (Former Employee), Kingston, NYDecember 18, 2012
A lot of benefits, and, great people to work with. No complaints here.
A good place to work
Scientist I (Current Employee), Malvern, PAMay 25, 2012
Pros: great job security
Cons: pay is not up to par
CRL is a good place to work as one who is new to the job market, learning a great deal in one field.
Highly worked and Under Paid.
Archives Assistant (Former Employee), TRANENT, EAST LOTHIANMay 23, 2012
Pros: subsidised lunches. very close to home.
Cons: inflexible working hours
I worked for Charles River on a Temp Contract for one year, My Experience with Charles River was that they expected high quality work and long hours for very little money. (They even stopped our tea break to save money). From my point of view they were very inflexible 9-5 working hours, (for example if you needed to get away an hour early you had to – more... take a half day). Overall It wasn't the best work Experience I've ever had, But on the plus side I was only 5 minutes away from where I lived. – less
Excellent company to start a career
Veterinary Pathologist (Current Employee), Edinburgh, SCTMarch 11, 2012
Exciting opportunities in life science, and good starting point for somebody that is starting developing his/her career.
l'entrepise
CDD – Technicienne en contrôle génétique (Former Employee), Saint-Germain-sur-l'Arbresle, B9February 20, 2014
Pros: les opportunités de développment
CR est la plus important organisation au monde de la phase initiale de recherche en développement en sous-traitance.
aucun
TECHNICIEN NÉCROPSIE (Former Employee), Montréal, QCAugust 1, 2013
Pros: aucun
Cons: aucun
une entreprise très professionnelle avec des personne compétente et professionnelle.