Charles River Laboratories

Charles River Laboratories Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Very static/boring environment
IT Specialist II (Former Employee), Montréal, QCOctober 1, 2013
Pros: very flexible
This company is frozen in the past, not willing to advance in processes.
As a research company should be more passionated and IT driven.
Old processes dominated the technology implemented.
Poor culture
IT PROGRAM DIRECTOR (Current Employee), Montréal, QCMarch 11, 2013
Pros: proximity to home
Cons: poor culture and immature managment
A typical day consisted of dealing with politics and employees that were afraid of management due to a culture of fear that was propagated by many in management. The hardest part of the job was the culture and a constant feeling of needing to watch my back because I learned the hard way that management could not be trusted.
extraordinary company to be a part of
Lab Assistant II/ClinPath Tech II (Former Employee), Reno, NVOctober 17, 2014
Pros: great benefits and great people to work with
Cons: long hours at times
this was my greatest experience i my career, i learned so many things and participated in very important work that one day will make a difference in somebodys life.....
Great Place
Division Manager (Former Employee), Redfield, AROctober 8, 2014
Loved working here! Learned an emormous amount about Management and Leadership
A Great place to work for.
Animal Care Technician (Former Employee), Portage, MIOctober 3, 2014
Pros: the bennifits were great.
Cons: they closed the plant to soon.
My day was filled with things changing on the spur of the moment. I learned a lot about the product we worked with. Had I not worked here I would have never learned any of it. The hardest part of the job would be the cleaning. Required a lot of lifting and bending. The finishing end of the product was all worth it thou.
A glorified Temp Agency
Animal Care Technician (Former Employee), 210 Main Street, Cambridge, MASeptember 4, 2014
Pros: free work shoes
Cons: disorganized
Charles River Labs seems more like a staffing agency than anything else. Very unorganized. Once I finally started my job, it took over a month for me to sign up for my Benefits. It was difficult to get the issue resolved. There was very little actual training.No one seemed to know what was going on. I was told I "wasn't a good fit for the company" without – more... being told what I needed to improve upon. – less
Good pay and option for overtime
Lab Technician (Former Employee), Charleston, SCAugust 28, 2014
Pros: overtime was available
Cons: short breaks
A typical work day included prepping the lab at 6:00 am for horseshoe crabs. The horseshoe crabs are brought in and we sterilize equipment and crab for blood to be taken. The blood is transferred to the lab for further washing.
good management
Animal Care & Production Technologist (Current Employee), San Diego, CAAugust 26, 2014
flexible time. good management, good employee, free lunch
Productive workplace with devoted colleagues
Support Technician (Current Employee), Wilmington, MAAugust 12, 2014
Pros: great work enviroment
Cons: far from home
My day at Charles River would consist of watering, feeding and providing bedding for laboratory pets. I learned how to care for animals, numerous diseases in the workplace, and safety procedures. The management there was very reliable and helpful in general. I met a lot of great colleagues who I interacted with on the daily and learned a lot from about – more... work related matters and other topics. The hardest part of the job had to be carrying the enormous bags of trash to the compactors. The most enjoyable part of the job had to be taking care of the animals and socializing with my colleagues. – less
Fantastic Place of Employment
Study Coordinator II (Current Employee), Horsham, PAAugust 11, 2014
This career has suited my lifestyle and has put my education to good use. I have learned many life skills as well as expanding my knowledge in the preclinical research field.
Excellent work experience, ample opportunity
Bio-assay Services Laboratory Technologist (Current Employee), Wilmington, MAJuly 25, 2014
Pros: versitle company, healthcare, dental care, flexible hours
Cons: compensation, no room for growth
A typical day at Charles river labs varies, new projects are always coming in with different methodology. It is a constant learning environment since there are so many different types of testing and assay development within the company. Supervisors and managers are easy to communicate with, very understanding and flexible to ones needs.
Ok company
Financial Assistant / Facilities Coordinator (Current Employee), Germantown, MDJuly 21, 2014
Pros: great coworkers
Cons: unstable job security
ok company to work for. Great group of people to work with. Excellent benefits. Unstable jobs.
Good place to work.
CLINCIAL PATHOLOGY TECH II (Current Employee), Reno, NVJune 16, 2014
Benefits are great, Great people. Just not the right place for me in what I do best.
Great company
Project Coordinator/Breeding Technician (Current Employee), NEW YORKMay 12, 2014
Great Company and Great environment.

Management seems to understand the needs of employees, and work together for the customer satisfaction in all aspects of the Biomedical field.
Very rewarding
Research Technician Assistant (Current Employee), Reno NVMay 11, 2014
This is a very rewarding job, challenging and able to learn a variety of new skills
Good learning opportunity
Associate Quality Assurance Auditor (Former Employee), Redfield, ARMay 10, 2014
Nice opportunity to learn about QA duties within the company.
Good place to begin career
Research Technician I (Former Employee), Wilmington, MAMay 5, 2014
Great place to learn, younger staff fresh out of college. High turnover and burn rates due to wages.
Demanding and unreasonable work environment
I prefer not to identify (Current Employee), Wilmington, MAApril 8, 2014
Work/life balance does not exist with the overbearing and unreasonable management team
terrible hours,poor conditions and horrible supervisors
Maintenance Electrician (Former Employee), Edinburgh, SCTMarch 29, 2014
Pros: job security
Cons: breaks, salary, work conditions, mangers.
Poor salary and long hours,lone call out work in unfamiliar buildings,abrubt and devious managers and unpleasant work conditions.
A Great Work To place
Animal Technician I (Former Employee), Wilmington, MAMarch 27, 2014
Pros: people work together to accomplish tasks as a team
Cons: job loss due to department re-organization
During the time of my employment with Charles River I came to understand that the people who work in laboratories ? Scientists, vets, animal texhnicians are human being like everyone else and work hard to help in the developing of new drugs. for many of them it is their primary responsibility to look after the animals.

1 2 3 4

About Charles River Laboratories

Chickens and rats have an important part to play in Charles River Laboratories International's specialty portfolio of medical – Read more