Career Opportunity – GIS Technician Full Time
CharettePellPoscente Environmental Corp. (CPPENV) is an environmental consultancy recognized as a leader in resource management, reclamation, environmental assessment, environmental planning and strategy development. The company serves its clients by providing solutions that are practical, innovative, and leading-edge. CPPENV is currently seeking a GIS Technician – Full Time Salary Position to join our team of professionals. Our expertise includes professionals in the field of Biology, Forestry, Land Management, Agrology, Aquatics, Wildfire Management, Water Management, Environmental & Natural Resource Policy, and Business. Visit cppenv.ca to learn more about us including our business focus, vision, mission, and corporate principles.
Based out of our Sherwood Park office, the successful candidate will have the opportunity to work with a diverse group of environmental professionals to deliver high quality services and products to a wide range of clients. Reporting to our senior GIS Analyst the GIS technician will be responsible for day to day production of GIS map products and data management on CPPENV projects.
CPPENV is an emerging environmental company that invests in its employees and provides opportunities for career growth within the company. A competitive compensation package will be offered corresponding with the candidates experience and skills.
- Possess a technical diploma in GIS.
- Minimum of two years’ work experience using ESRI GIS software (ArcGIS).
- A valid driver’s license.
- Completion of assigned GIS tasks under the supervision of the GIS Analyst.
- GIS data management and support to project leads and staff.
- Preparing formal cartographic products for reports.
- Performing basic data analysis and spatial queries.
- Digitizing, editing, and building GIS data for a variety of projects.
The ideal candidate will have the ability to use their diverse background of skills and experience to successfully work with other CPPENV team members in developing and delivering high quality services and products to our clients.
Attributes of the ideal candidate:
- Proven knowledge of geographic (geo-processing) and cartographic principles (coordinate and mapping systems).
- Strong data management and data organizing skills.
- Willingness to take responsibility for their deliverables.
- Demonstrated ability to take note and translate user needs into a series of GIS procedures used to generate products that meet those needs.
- Ability to work independently and in a team setting.
- Ability to work on multiple projects, set priorities, and meet rigid deadlines.
- Professional, safety conscious, and client focused attitude.
**GIS experience in land and natural resource management, Global Mapper software knowledge, experience working with LiDAR data, experience with many sources of data, and experience with GPS data capture and integration of GPS data into the GIS system would be an asset.
Please apply through the CPPENV Corp. careers page on our website www.cppenv.ca.
Closing date: March 28, 2014
Address applications to:
CharettePellPoscente Environmental Corp.
Unit 154, 150 Chippewa Road
Sherwood Park, Alberta T8A 6A2
Contact Mike Poscente at 780-570-5818 if you have any questions.