Chaordix is looking for an amazing Community Engagement & Moderation Director who thrives in the dynamic world of social media, customer engagement, and market intelligence. We are looking for someone who wants to work with world-class companies as they engage either online or via mobile with their brand and stakeholder communities around the globe. We’re looking for a highly-experienced and talented leader to work with and lead our diverse team of community managers / engagement specialists.
One of our differentiators at Chaordix, in addition to our powerful Crowd Intelligence™ platform and processes, is knowing that fully-engaged people who are happy to participate in a sustained and delightful online community contribute more valid and creative ideas and insights for our clients. Expert moderation and analysis is key to making that difference.
The Community Engagement & Moderation Director is comfortable working in a high-tech startup environment and can adeptly balance the needs of internal and external stakeholders while supporting the moderation team to successfully achieve a client’s business and/or community goals. The role has both direct, hands-on community management requirements and supervisory responsibilities for a team of local and remote team members.
- 5-7 years experience in an online community management role
- Demonstrated ability to manage a decentralized team of specialists
- Capable in training and mentoring moderators in addition to strategic hands-on community moderation
- Demonstrated in-depth understanding of community management, participation frameworks, the dynamics of community interaction, and creative best practices specific to the social media community landscape
- Demonstrated experience with major community measurement platforms and methodologies; ability to create regular and useful reports
- Passionate and savvy about social media, marketing, analytics, online tools, and emerging platforms with active participant in a broad mix of social media platforms – experience on behalf of a client or corporation preferred
- Strategic thought leader – ability to use insights data, platform performance metrics, and key social media trends to inform the Chaordix team in the development of outstanding client insights reports
- Shows a clear systems orientation – demonstrated capacity to develop and evangelize process artifacts such as community standards and moderation frameworks, publishing and reporting standards, streamlining processes, etc.
- Can perform quality assurance on delivered moderation services
- Flexible with work schedule to permit moderator activity management and issue resolution
- A strong communicator (written and verbal) who works well under pressure and is comfortable in a client-facing communications role
- Diplomatic and professional with a good dose of common sense
- Assertive and resourceful with a proven track record of getting things done
- Excellent strategic thinking and analytical skills
- Self-starter, able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Creative problem solver, capable of both subjective and objective decision-making
- Excellent English (written and verbal) a requirement; other languages a definite asset
- Demonstrated personal or professional success engaging in a social channel
This position is based in Calgary, Canada.
Chaordix is the global standard in crowdsourced market intelligence. Chaordix uses the power of crowdsourcing to help the world’s leading companies and organizations gain business insight and competitive advantage. Our Crowd Intelligence™ community solutions are helping clients leverage our unique crowdsourcing techniques and technology to drive market research, brand loyalty and innovation.
We welcome you to introduce yourself. Send a resume and your thoughts on why you would be a great addition to our team. We regret that only qualified candidates will be contacted.
While we do love working with contractors and freelancers on various projects, for this position we’re looking for someone to join us as an employee in our Calgary-based office full-time and in person. (So if you’re interested in telecommuting, outsourcing or being a sub-contractor, this position isn’t for you.)