Chaordix has the legacy, promise and capability to continue to be a transformative pioneer in the crowdsourcing space, and to further solidify its status as a leader with its Crowd Intelligence™ approach. As it grows and works with larger clients and partners, the Company must advance both its products and its processes to not just meet but anticipate needs. Our Operations Specialist plays a key role in our growth, by supporting the leadership team in scaling our operations, making processes more efficient, and providing needed administrative and accounting support.
POSITION TITLE: Admin & Accounting Specialist
COMPANY NAME: Chaordix
REPORTS TO: Director Finance & Operations
Our Admin & Accounting Specialist plays a key role in our growth, by supporting the leadership team in scaling our operations, making processes more efficient, and providing needed administrative and accounting support in a dynamic fast paced environment.
POSITION DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
Assist and support the Director, Finance & Operations with the administration of accounting, budgets, and bank accounts:
- Support with regular financial reporting, as required
- Prepare expense claims, support approvals as required
- Support preparation of cheque runs, monthly or as required
- Support A/R and A/P management, including entering all invoices into accounting system, and reconciling against contracts/estimates/quotes
- Draft invoices for Chaordix customers; work with Services and Sales teams to confirm timing of deliverables, and align with invoicing where appropriate
- Monitor collections; escalate as required
- Prepare employee payroll, submit to payroll processing company
- Ensure payroll source deductions are paid
- Prepare T4s and T4 summary
- Set up new employees in various systems, including TD1 and AB1 forms
Provide admin support to executive team including:
- Support for board operations (COO/CEO)
- Support managing calendars, as required
- Arranging travel
- Support for key meetings, including development of content where appropriate
Perform general office management:
- Scanning, filing, faxing, couriers, general correspondence
- Receive and distribute mail
- Take minutes at meetings, draft agendas, and action items
- Manage office and kitchen supplies, regular grocery run
- Lead the organization of team lunches for those employees on the Lunch Program as part of benefits
- Greet visitors
- Answer and direct calls
- Manage janitorial contractor
- Manage parking, interactions with landlord
- With Director, Finance & Operations, research and assist with development of policies and procedures including:
- Develop PO approval process, expense approval process, and support the management of both
- Develop new employee onboarding process, support the development of relevant content
- Employee performance management and mentorship
- Support our Director, Cloud Infrastructure in the management of internal IT processes, including rollout and management of new IT solutions for employee use, privacy policies, security, etc.
Support Director, Finance & Operations in management of HR including:
- Manage all documentation as it relates to HR processes – recruitment, interviews, performance reviews, resumes, job descriptions
- Manage all documentation as it relates to external contractors including quotes, contracts, estimates, timesheets, and invoicing; support the recruitment of external contracts as required
- Manage central company calendar
- Track employee vacations, time off, vacation approvals
- Administer any benefits programs, research potential options in future, as required
- Manage team events and Christmas party
- Diploma, certificate or degree in Accounting, Administration, Business or equivalent
- Proficient in MS Office, experience with accounting software an asset
- Superior organization skills, high level of accuracy, strong time management, and problem resolution skills
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and meet deadlines
- Some flexibility to work outside of office hours when required to meet key financial reporting or other deadlines, but this should be infrequent
START DATE: ASAP
ITEMS TO INCLUDE IN APPLICATION: Resume / Cover Letter
HOW TO APPLY: Please respond to this post, listing the position title in the subject line, and attach your resume for review.
CONTACT NAME: Jill Mitchell
If you feel that you are uniquely qualified for this position please respond to this post, listing the position title in the subject line, and attach your resume for review.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position; however, only those who most closely match our client’s requirements will be contacted.
All information submitted to Salopek & Associates remains in strict confidence.
Salopek & Associates Ltd. is a team of human resource and business consultants specializing in strategy, human resources and board governance. We are available on an on-call basis to help you attract, retain and develop the right people and to put effective processes in place that will grow your business.
For more information on Salopek & Associates please visit our company website: www.salopekconsulting.com
This job description is intended as a summary of the primary responsibilities and qualifications for this position. The job description is not intended as inclusive of all duties an individual in this position might be asked to perform or of all qualifications that may be required either now or in the future.
Indeed - 9 months ago