Challenger Geomatics Ltd. is an employee owned geomatics company with offices located in Calgary, Edmonton, Fort McMurray, and Whitehorse. Challenger offers innovative Engineering and Geomatics services to a variety of industries including oil & gas, commercial & industrial construction and land development. Join our team today and experience the passion, challenge and diversity that have grown our business since 1984.
We are currently seeking a customer oriented individual in the position of:
Office Administrator - Whitehorse
Reporting to the Whitehorse Branch Manager and the Manager of Administration in our Edmonton head office, the Office Administrator is responsible for providing a broad range of administrative support services including customer invoicing and related report preparation as well as providing assistance/information to the Branch Manager and to Corporate Accounting.
Specific Accountabilities (not all-inclusive)
- Receives and redirects incoming calls in a prompt and courteous manner.
- Receives visitors, provides assistance as required and establishes contact with company personnel in a prompt and courteous manner.
- Distributes all incoming mail in a timely manner and handles all outgoing mail including coordination of couriers.
- Data entry of project setup sheets and field reports as required
- Maintains mail out lists for newsletters, cards and invites
- Tracks disbursements by entering in accounting software, making and distributing copies, reconciling to statements.
- Maintains up-to-date electronic and hard copy files of all jobs/projects.
- Performance a variety of human resource administration duties in conjunction with the HR Manger and Payroll and will include placing advertisements, employee orientation, tracking of staff vacation and assisting with employee queries.
- Performs accounting duties for the office including controlling and balancing petty cash, submitting bi-weekly expense reports, invoice forwarding and assisting collections clerk.
- Assists in the upkeep and maintenance of the office facilities, furniture and equipment by addressing and resolving leasehold issues with the landlord, utility issues with service providers, and housekeeping issues with janitorial services.
- Assists Project Managers in collating and binding of proposals and obtaining Certificate of Insurance and WCB claim history.
- Performs a variety of office administration duties including travel arrangements for staff, office equipment maintenance/upgrades.
- Formats and types proposals and letters from handwritten documents and assists Project Managers in word processing/spreadsheet compilation as needed
- Performs initial job set up and facilitates the flow of paperwork/digital data of new projects. This includes completing project set up sheets, maintaining the project filing system, informing drafting and project managers of project status and saving digital info to the server, final printing and preparing package for client pickup.
- May include some trips away from the office to pick up office related materials or documents.
- Post-secondary courses in accounting/business administration and 1 to 3 years of related experience.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to handle a large and diverse group of internal and external customers.
- Highly organized individual with strong analytical and decision-making skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Access.
- Driver’s License an asset
All applications must include a resume, and cover letter. Work references will be requested upon interview. Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Indeed - 17 months ago
CHALLENGER GEOMATICS LTD. is a proud employee owned geomatics company performing a variety of surveying and mapping projects across Western...