The Director, Global IT procurement is primarily responsible for supporting in the acquisition of technology products and services and ongoing management of IT vendor relationships. The role is accountable for ensuring that the IT supply chain is managed effectively. Great resources management skills are required to manage direct reports, including establishing or reviewing IT procurement processes and procedures, directing and leading the IT procurement team, establishing measurement criteria for the team, and ensuring the continued development of the team's progress to maintain best practices in IT procurement.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
IT procurement execution, planning and measurement
- Set the global IT procurement in alignment with the overall IT strategy priorities; and translate it into procurement targets.
- Attain the IT procurement measurement targets with a combination of financial and nonfinancial deliverables.
IT procurement spending and demand management
- Oversee third-party IT spending
- Implement and drive the IT category management discipline for hardware, software, professional services and cross-category spending
- Implement a strategic supplier management program, and identify the number of nonstrategic suppliers and the respective spending. Consolidate IT spending on strategic suppliers to leverage the IT budget
IT supply management
- Manage IT vendor management across the enterprise by working with stakeholders including conflict resolution and relationship enhancement.
- Implement a supplier rationalization program to reduce the number of noncore and tactical suppliers, and increase spending on core suppliers
- Explore low-cost country procurement opportunities, such as using offshore resources and other alternative IT delivery models, to achieve good procurement value
- Implement effective global IT contract management practices, supplier due diligence and supplier risk management
- Reports to the VP, Information Technology
- Close working relationship with all IT Managers and Directors, at all sites: Canada, US, Central America and the Caribbean
- Responsible for all relationships with IT vendors and suppliers
PROFILE & CORE COMPETENCIES
- Experience in IT procurement
- Developed an effective IT procurement strategy that had a high impact in a similar capacity.
- Demonstrated leadership and organizational skills, in a cross-cultural environment
- In-depth understanding of the global IT products and services market and its trends.
- Experience in leading IT vendor management programs across the enterprise.
- Understanding of the IT procurement tools, methodologies and processes at an international level.
- Negotiation skills for large and complex IT procurement deals.
- Knowledge and understanding around financial management, contracts and legal issues.
- Excellent interpersonal communications and presentation skills at the senior executive level
- Team work and oriented to internal customer service.
Refer to file number INDEED-G97