Reporting to the Systems Engineering Manager, the incumbent will be responsible for analyzing, architecting, and implementing the database infrastructure required to support automation initiatives to provide highly performing, highly available, and flexible database platforms - covering both the production and non-production landscapes. He/she will work across all phases of automation projects: blueprint, realization, final preparation, go-live, and then transition to outsourced operations.
- Define and maintain technical blueprints and road-maps for the database building blocks essentially on MS SQL Server;
- Design, implement, and document database maintenance, security, back-up, and recovery processes including disaster recovery procedures;
- Work closely with IT Delivery and Application Support teams to gather and analyze requirements for database systems, including data modeling, performance, and scalability requirements as well as data security;
- Work closely with system engineers, onshore and off-shore outsourced operations teams and vendors for building and operationalizing new applications databases and ensuring proper licensing of the database products;
Qualifications and Skills
- Good experience in database management systems including storage;
- Working knowledge of Windows servers and cluster technologies;
- Working knowledge of the principles and practices of systems analysis, data modeling, and database design;
- Good knowledge of MS SQLServer and MS Clusters;
Refer to file number INDEED-A84
Indeed - 4 months ago
We are an Information Technology Services firm specializing in the Recruitment & Staffing of Permanent & Contract IT Professionals....