CH2M Employee Reviews

Decent
Intermediate Draftsperson (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB6 November 2013
Decent environment. Supportive staff. Good lunch and learn sessions.
Pros
Free lunches and lunch-and-learns are there almost every month
Cons
Sometimes hours may be too long for some people
Good old american company
Pipefitter (Former Employee) –  Fort Nelson B.c. 21 July 2013
It was my first and only time employed with this company. Good leadership was presented and strong safety ethic, I enjoyed it.
OK
Electrical and Instrumentation General Foreman (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB21 June 2013
CH2M has huge potential in Oil and Gas. Management needs to listen to the experience in the group.
CH2M HILL CALGARY
Instrumentation Design Technician (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB31 May 2013
I was fired by a manager who spent his last week seeing how I would react to being fired. The manager misled everyone and moved to Shell after taking a two week vacation in Florida.
Cons
not interested in training
great place to work
helpdesk coordinator (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON29 April 2013
the job is an ever learning one and the people are fantastic by far a great place to work
Productive and fun days at work.
Pipefitter Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Fort Nelson, BC22 March 2013
For CH2MHILL we started work at 7 am and finished at 6:30 pm. Every morning before work we had a morning safety meeting then we were given our task and told who we were working with. Before starting work we had to go to the area we were working in and look around for hazards and then fill out a FLHA. Everyday was different. Some days at work I was doing hydro tests all day and other days I was prepping lines for hydro tests. When prepping the line we had to follow through the line with the ISO to make sure all the pipe was in place. We had to install pancakes and/or blinds for the high point and low point limits. I worked with a good crew that taught me a lot about different things in the oilfield.
Pros
worked with a lot of good people, work day to day was not repetitive.
Fast paced environment
Project Accountant (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC10 February 2013
CH2M HILL is a corporate Engineering firm that is worldwide. It has over 28,000 employees. The head office is in Englewood, CO. It is the best coprorate office I have ever seen. It is literally a campus.
Pros
very good people.
Cons
it can be too big every once in awhile. everything should be looked at.
Nice place to work If you like man camp
Pipefitter (Former Employee) –  Nelson, BC14 December 2012
I learned a lot about the people of canada. There are very talented people they put they best foot forwards all the time. They had a wide variety of people from all nations working around you. The snow toke some time to get use to and the temperature toke some time too. The most enjoyable time of the hold experience is being able to go home every 21 days to see the family....
CH2M HILL is a good company
Project Engineer at StatOil facility in Leismer (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB20 November 2012
CH2M HILL is new in SAGD EPCM work and it will still take this company few years to get a solid understanding of the EPCM for SAGD process.
Pros
good pay
Cons
on-site work environment is not healty
PID REVIEW
Instrumentation Design Technician (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB30 October 2012
lots of opportunities to grow and learn

you need strong computer skills
Good work atmosphere
Pipefitter (Current Employee) –  Fort Nelson B.C.12 September 2012
11 hour work days . I met and worked with people from many different countries.
Pros
safety first
Safe job site to work in.
Industrial Pipefitter (Current Employee) –  Fort Nelson, BC28 August 2012
A typical day at work starts always with a safety meeting since safety is #1 priority in this job site. I have learned valuable lessons on piping connecting to rotating equipment since am assisting the Millwrights on this job.

Coworkers are really friendly and helpful at work most of the people here has a good attitude, some supervisors are very organized and some others are not as much just like any other job, i consider the transportation the hardest part of the job since it takes a while to get to the job site. the most enjoyable part of the job to me would be assisting Millwrights on pumps alignment since its all clean and all about precision.
Pros
free food even tho i could use some improvement
Cons
transportation is not the most comfortable
Inspection
Contract Administrator and Site Inspector (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 July 2012
• Administered and inspected construction of Tullamore Transmission Main, Contract No. 2 including installation of 2290m of 1050mm diameter Concrete Pressure Pipe (C.P.P.) transmission and associated chambers and appurtenances on Airport Road and Mayfield Road, and 44m installation of transmission main in tunnel under Mayfield Rd and site clearance and restoration
High volume and energy required
Recruitment Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB2 April 2012
Large American company, good for those who would like to go international-lots of opportunity for growth. Very fast paced. Great people in Calgary office. Hard if you like having supervisor in the same country as you, as many are scattered in NA. Great place for engineers-lots of work available.