CH2M Employee Reviews

Very productive and fullfiling place to work.
Hydro Foreman (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB13 February 2017
Started work at 6:00 a.m. Had our PTI meeting with the guys ,outlined our plan of the day ,did stretches, made sure the work place was safe. I made sure that packages were ready when the men needed them, had items they needed to complete their tasks was at the proper place. Asked the guys to report on their progress periodically. Some days I would be pulling on wrenches with the guys creating morale. Management was excellent to deal with and was always open to different ideas coming from the supervisors or the men on deck . The workplace culture was always about safety and maintaining a positive work force. There were times working with QC time schedules that would make it difficult . The gang was always glad to see each other and worked well together. Great comradery.
Pros
Balance between life and work
Cons
end of job
Was not with ch2m long due to lack of work
Electrical Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Alberta9 February 2017
This was my first camp job away a from home. The job was great. People were friendly. Had a great boss who taught me lots of new traits and helped me learn as I worked at his side.
Excellent company to work for!
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sarnia, ON10 December 2016
Co-workers are amazing to work with and management is excellent! The best part of the job is the work environment, very friendly and helpful staff.
Hard to review during Oil Bust
Archaeology (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB2 June 2016
Company is quite corporate and not very employee oriented.

It is hard to give an accurate review given the current oil bust in Calgary where many companies are having to lay-off hundreds of employees.
Pros
Interesting Work
Cons
Oil bust, corporate environment
enviromental study
Enviroment worker (Former Employee) –  Burns Lake, BC8 July 2016
i did plant studies,and land studies.we studied diffrent kind of plants and animal habitate.recorded everything we saw.went for helicopter rides.
Nice experince
Manager C/S (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 April 2016
It was great experience working with CH2M.
Projects were challenging, team was great, management was good.
Just job security was always an issue especially in Oil and Gas business group.
Pros
Chalenging work, great team, great work environment
Cons
job security was always an issue
Professional and highly technical teams.
VP Business Development and Planning (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB12 April 2016
Well organized.
Talented People.
Increased market share.
Project development & International experience.
Secured major contracts in Western Canada.
Work team feels like a family
Environmental Design Specialist (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB21 February 2016
great teams to work in, make you feel like a family member. colleagues really take care of each other in terms of work load and personal support.
Cons
frustrating when light on work
Productive and we complement each others' effort.
Highway Construction Inspector (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON30 October 2015
A typical day would be 4 hours of field inspection and the rest would be spent in the office writing reports. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with a team which supports and complement each others' effort in getting the job done and that makes working easy and productive at the end of the day.
Laying off good staff all the time
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary17 September 2014
This company is not making a profit and has not done so for a long time. It laid off lots of good staff this year after they bought Tera Environmental Consultants. They cannot get a foothold in Alberta. There are far better companies to work for than this one. They go on and on about their little yellow book and how you should enjoy working there. They make you work long hours with little or no reward. The only reason this company is advertising jobs is to try and save face.

Advice - stay away from CH2MHILL!
Pros
Could be a great company if they respected their staff
Cons
Always making you justify your position.
Great team to work with
Document Control Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB22 July 2014
Participate in Project Services meetings under Project Services Manager with
other project services management team members.
Participate in other management meetings and project meetings as required
Coordinate with other managers to actively insure adaptation of new or existing software systems are utilized as appropriate.
Arrange for and insure all DC staff are appropriately trained for their roles.
Work with all DC staff to charter them in their roles, both generally and project specific as appropriate.
Provide detailed estimates for Document Control Services for all new projects.
Participate in all project coordination, kick-off, alignment, and weekly meetings as required
Pros
great benefits
Cons
long long hours
Safe job site to work in.
Industrial Pipefitter (Current Employee) –  Fort Nelson, BC28 August 2012
A typical day at work starts always with a safety meeting since safety is #1 priority in this job site. I have learned valuable lessons on piping connecting to rotating equipment since am assisting the Millwrights on this job.

Coworkers are really friendly and helpful at work most of the people here has a good attitude, some supervisors are very organized and some others are not as much just like any other job, i consider the transportation the hardest part of the job since it takes a while to get to the job site. the most enjoyable part of the job to me would be assisting Millwrights on pumps alignment since its all clean and all about precision.
Pros
free food even tho i could use some improvement
Cons
transportation is not the most comfortable
Productive and fun days at work.
Pipefitter Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Fort Nelson, BC22 March 2013
For CH2MHILL we started work at 7 am and finished at 6:30 pm. Every morning before work we had a morning safety meeting then we were given our task and told who we were working with. Before starting work we had to go to the area we were working in and look around for hazards and then fill out a FLHA. Everyday was different. Some days at work I was doing hydro tests all day and other days I was prepping lines for hydro tests. When prepping the line we had to follow through the line with the ISO to make sure all the pipe was in place. We had to install pancakes and/or blinds for the high point and low point limits. I worked with a good crew that taught me a lot about different things in the oilfield.
Pros
worked with a lot of good people, work day to day was not repetitive.
Inspection
Contract Administrator and Site Inspector (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 July 2012
• Administered and inspected construction of Tullamore Transmission Main, Contract No. 2 including installation of 2290m of 1050mm diameter Concrete Pressure Pipe (C.P.P.) transmission and associated chambers and appurtenances on Airport Road and Mayfield Road, and 44m installation of transmission main in tunnel under Mayfield Rd and site clearance and restoration
Nice place to work If you like man camp
Pipefitter (Former Employee) –  Nelson, BC14 December 2012
I learned a lot about the people of canada. There are very talented people they put they best foot forwards all the time. They had a wide variety of people from all nations working around you. The snow toke some time to get use to and the temperature toke some time too. The most enjoyable time of the hold experience is being able to go home every 21 days to see the family....
CH2M Hill
Carpenter Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Statoil Conklin, Alberta31 January 2014
My experience was a first as a camp job. I enjoyed it very much along with the benefits and opportunities to meet new people. The safety aspect is incredible and work was enjoyable. I am looking forward to my next opportunity in the construction field looking for another camp job. 14/7 is preferable.
Pros
many perks and rewards for safety promotion
Cons
some camps were worse than others
Review of 4 Month Contract
Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Greenland15 November 2013
Found all personnel with CH2 approachable and professional. Probably the best managers I have had the opportunity to work for. Most difficult aspect of the job was remote location and solid 4 month duration. Most enjoyable part of the job was my coworkers.
Pros
Good salary, including hazard pay.
Cons
Remote location
High volume and energy required
Recruitment Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB2 April 2012
Large American company, good for those who would like to go international-lots of opportunity for growth. Very fast paced. Great people in Calgary office. Hard if you like having supervisor in the same country as you, as many are scattered in NA. Great place for engineers-lots of work available.
Similar to other big construction firms
Pipefitter foreman (Former Employee) –  Conklin, AB7 May 2014
I was on two different jobs with this company the first one I really did not like. This was mostly due to the overwhelming amount of temporary forgien workers (very little english spoken on the jobsite). The second job was very good I advanced my career and made a lot of money.
Fast paced environment
Project Accountant (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC10 February 2013
CH2M HILL is a corporate Engineering firm that is worldwide. It has over 28,000 employees. The head office is in Englewood, CO. It is the best coprorate office I have ever seen. It is literally a campus.
Pros
very good people.
Cons
it can be too big every once in awhile. everything should be looked at.