CH2M

CH2M Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive and fun days at work.
Pipefitter Apprentice (Former Employee), Fort Nelson, BCMarch 22, 2013
Pros: worked with a lot of good people, work day to day was not repetitive.
For CH2MHILL we started work at 7 am and finished at 6:30 pm. Every morning before work we had a morning safety meeting then we were given our task and told who we were working with. Before starting work we had to go to the area we were working in and look around for hazards and then fill out a FLHA. Everyday was different. Some days at work I was doing hydro tests all day and other days I was prepping lines for hydro tests. When prepping the line we had to follow through the line with the ISO to make sure all the pipe was in place. We had to install pancakes and/or blinds for the high point and low point limits. I worked with a good crew that taught me a lot about different things in the oilfield.
Safe job site to work in.
Industrial Pipefitter (Current Employee), Fort Nelson, BCAugust 28, 2012
Pros: free food even tho i could use some improvement
Cons: transportation is not the most comfortable
A typical day at work starts always with a safety meeting since safety is #1 priority in this job site. I have learned valuable lessons on piping connecting to rotating equipment since am assisting the Millwrights on this job.

Coworkers are really friendly and helpful at work most of the people here has a good attitude, some supervisors are very organized and some others are not as much just like any other job, i consider the transportation the hardest part of the job since it takes a while to get to the job site. the most enjoyable part of the job to me would be assisting Millwrights on pumps alignment since its all clean and all about precision.
Laying off good staff all the time
Project Manager (Current Employee), CalgarySeptember 17, 2014
Pros: could be a great company if they respected their staff
Cons: always making you justify your position.
This company is not making a profit and has not done so for a long time. It laid off lots of good staff this year after they bought Tera Environmental Consultants. They cannot get a foothold in Alberta. There are far better companies to work for than this one. They go on and on about their little yellow book and how you should enjoy working there. They make you work long hours with little or no reward. The only reason this company is advertising jobs is to try and save face.

Advice - stay away from CH2MHILL!
Great team to work with
Document Control Manager (Current Employee), Calgary, ABJuly 22, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: long long hours
Participate in Project Services meetings under Project Services Manager with
other project services management team members.
Participate in other management meetings and project meetings as required
Coordinate with other managers to actively insure adaptation of new or existing software systems are utilized as appropriate.
Arrange for and insure all DC staff are appropriately trained for their roles.
Work with all DC staff to charter them in their roles, both generally and project specific as appropriate.
Provide detailed estimates for Document Control Services for all new projects.
Participate in all project coordination, kick-off, alignment, and weekly meetings as required
Nice place to work If you like man camp
Pipefitter (Former Employee), Nelson, BCDecember 14, 2012
I learned a lot about the people of canada. There are very talented people they put they best foot forwards all the time. They had a wide variety of people from all nations working around you. The snow toke some time to get use to and the temperature toke some time too. The most enjoyable time of the hold experience is being able to go home every 21 days to see the family....
CH2M Hill
Carpenter Apprentice (Former Employee), Statoil Conklin, AlbertaJanuary 31, 2014
Pros: many perks and rewards for safety promotion
Cons: some camps were worse than others
My experience was a first as a camp job. I enjoyed it very much along with the benefits and opportunities to meet new people. The safety aspect is incredible and work was enjoyable. I am looking forward to my next opportunity in the construction field looking for another camp job. 14/7 is preferable.
Similar to other big construction firms
Pipefitter foreman (Former Employee), Conklin, ABMay 7, 2014
I was on two different jobs with this company the first one I really did not like. This was mostly due to the overwhelming amount of temporary forgien workers (very little english spoken on the jobsite). The second job was very good I advanced my career and made a lot of money.
High volume and energy required
Recruitment Coordinator (Current Employee), Calgary, ABApril 2, 2012
Large American company, good for those who would like to go international-lots of opportunity for growth. Very fast paced. Great people in Calgary office. Hard if you like having supervisor in the same country as you, as many are scattered in NA. Great place for engineers-lots of work available.
Fast paced environment
Project Accountant (Current Employee), Burnaby, BCFebruary 10, 2013
Pros: very good people.
Cons: it can be too big every once in awhile. everything should be looked at.
CH2M HILL is a corporate Engineering firm that is worldwide. It has over 28,000 employees. The head office is in Englewood, CO. It is the best coprorate office I have ever seen. It is literally a campus.
Review of 4 Month Contract
Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee), GreenlandNovember 15, 2013
Pros: good salary, including hazard pay.
Cons: remote location
Found all personnel with CH2 approachable and professional. Probably the best managers I have had the opportunity to work for. Most difficult aspect of the job was remote location and solid 4 month duration. Most enjoyable part of the job was my coworkers.
Productive and we complement each others' effort.
Highway Construction Inspector (Current Employee), Windsor, ONOctober 30, 2015
A typical day would be 4 hours of field inspection and the rest would be spent in the office writing reports. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with a team which supports and complement each others' effort in getting the job done and that makes working easy and productive at the end of the day.
Productive and fun workplace
Civil Design Technician (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 11, 2015
Very cooperative team, helpful seniors, All job did on time and with perfect accuracy. I got lot of experience and learn lot of things in this company. When you go there, you will see lot of good things.................. missing a lot
CH2M HILL is a good company
Project Engineer at StatOil facility in Leismer (Current Employee), Calgary, ABNovember 20, 2012
Pros: good pay
Cons: on-site work environment is not healty
CH2M HILL is new in SAGD EPCM work and it will still take this company few years to get a solid understanding of the EPCM for SAGD process.
CH2M HILL CALGARY
Instrumentation Design Technician (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMay 31, 2013
Cons: not interested in training
I was fired by a manager who spent his last week seeing how I would react to being fired. The manager misled everyone and moved to Shell after taking a two week vacation in Florida.
Inspection
Contract Administrator and Site Inspector (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 7, 2012
• Administered and inspected construction of Tullamore Transmission Main, Contract No. 2 including installation of 2290m of 1050mm diameter Concrete Pressure Pipe (C.P.P.) transmission and associated chambers and appurtenances on Airport Road and Mayfield Road, and 44m installation of transmission main in tunnel under Mayfield Rd and site clearance and restoration
Great people, fun to work.
IT Support & Operation Technician (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 17, 2014
Pros: free coffee
Cons: salary
- Checking emails
- Checking Service tickets
- Troubleshooting problems
- Learned communication skills with end users and co-workers
- Enjoyed travelling another office location to fix issues.
Safety Advisor Postion
Safety Advisor (Former Employee), Can-West Projects LtdDecember 5, 2013
Did incident reporting and investigate the incidents to come up with corrective actions and prevent the reoccurrence. I took care of all weekly and daily meetings with all crews. I made sure that all monthly inspections were complete.
Would work for them again
Welder/Ironworker (Former Employee), Conklin, ABJanuary 2, 2014
Pros: good pay
Cons: poor travel arrangements
A little bit unorganized
Foremans and management were very reasonable people
A lot of Unhappy Co-workers
Not the best work most days
Safe Environment with a team culture
Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee), Conklin, ABJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: job recognition, with a good salary
Cons: working away from home
Excellent company which offers good opportunities and benefits in a work safe environment.
Great employ own company
Project Manager/ Process Engineer (Current Employee), Burnaby, BCApril 20, 2015
A friendly environment and great projects to work on. This company is well structured and safety is their number one goal.
Headquarters