CH2M Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Nice experince
Manager C/S (Former Employee), Calgary, ABApril 17, 2016
Pros: Chalenging work, great team, great work environment
Cons: job security was always an issue
It was great experience working with CH2M.
Projects were challenging, team was great, management was good.
Just job security was always an issue especially in Oil and Gas business group.
Professional and highly technical teams.
VP Business Development and Planning (Former Employee), Calgary, ABApril 12, 2016
Well organized.
Talented People.
Increased market share.
Project development & International experience.
Secured major contracts in Western Canada.
Site Operations - Constantly busy Days In and Days Out
Site Logistics Coordinator (Former Employee), Dawson Creek, BCMarch 16, 2016
Pros: Free Breakfast/Some Dinners
Cons: Long Hours - Expected to work even on days off
Days usually started at 5:00am to make Site by 7:00am, and from there problem solve/supervise any materials or transport issues that may arise and move onto the next Site. Driving time was about 60% due to the distance between multiple Sites with about 40% spent in the warehouse office.

Gained a great deal of knowledge about BC and it's own transportation laws as compared to AB, and what is required to successfully transport anything between the 2 provinces. Gave me greater insight as well into working with Bonds on shipments.

Because of my time at the warehouse, I gained greater knowledge in materials and tracking systems, plus identification and problem solving skills when it comes to tracking anything regarding OS&D's.

Co-workers were great - the team was very communicative to back one another up in all aspects, and we frequently had meetings twice a week, typically end of day after shifts to bring up any issues we may be having and how to solve them and move forward.

Hardest part was most the constant driving, especially in winter conditions. Due to my job on this project, there were times I could not make a flight back and my schedule was constantly changing - because of the remoteness and what flights were available at the time in Dawson Creek, I usually had to drive 2hrs to Grande Prairie to catch a flight out or drive direct to Calgary for time off.
Work team feels like a family
Environmental Design Specialist (Current Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 21, 2016
Cons: frustrating when light on work
great teams to work in, make you feel like a family member. colleagues really take care of each other in terms of work load and personal support.
Productive and we complement each others' effort.
Highway Construction Inspector (Current Employee), Windsor, ONOctober 30, 2015
A typical day would be 4 hours of field inspection and the rest would be spent in the office writing reports. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with a team which supports and complement each others' effort in getting the job done and that makes working easy and productive at the end of the day.
Great employ own company
Project Manager/ Process Engineer (Current Employee), Burnaby, BCApril 20, 2015
A friendly environment and great projects to work on. This company is well structured and safety is their number one goal.
Productive and fun workplace
Civil Design Technician (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 11, 2015
Very cooperative team, helpful seniors, All job did on time and with perfect accuracy. I got lot of experience and learn lot of things in this company. When you go there, you will see lot of good things.................. missing a lot
Excellent company with excellent employees
Heavy Equipment Operator/HSE Advisor (Former Employee), Fort Nelson, BCJanuary 21, 2015
Great coworkers, good management.
Comfortable accomodations, job security.
Safe Environment with a team culture
Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee), Conklin, ABJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: job recognition, with a good salary
Cons: working away from home
Excellent company which offers good opportunities and benefits in a work safe environment.
Laying off good staff all the time
Project Manager (Current Employee), CalgarySeptember 17, 2014
Pros: could be a great company if they respected their staff
Cons: always making you justify your position.
This company is not making a profit and has not done so for a long time. It laid off lots of good staff this year after they bought Tera Environmental Consultants. They cannot get a foothold in Alberta. There are far better companies to work for than this one. They go on and on about their little yellow book and how you should enjoy working there. They make you work long hours with little or no reward. The only reason this company is advertising jobs is to try and save face.

Advice - stay away from CH2MHILL!
Great Company
Pipeline Project Engineer (Current Employee), calgary albertaAugust 10, 2014
Cenovus treats their employees exceptionally. They are focused on safety and delivering a great product. I really enjoyed working here.
Great team to work with
Document Control Manager (Current Employee), Calgary, ABJuly 22, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: long long hours
Participate in Project Services meetings under Project Services Manager with
other project services management team members.
Participate in other management meetings and project meetings as required
Coordinate with other managers to actively insure adaptation of new or existing software systems are utilized as appropriate.
Arrange for and insure all DC staff are appropriately trained for their roles.
Work with all DC staff to charter them in their roles, both generally and project specific as appropriate.
Provide detailed estimates for Document Control Services for all new projects.
Participate in all project coordination, kick-off, alignment, and weekly meetings as required
Similar to other big construction firms
Pipefitter foreman (Former Employee), Conklin, ABMay 7, 2014
I was on two different jobs with this company the first one I really did not like. This was mostly due to the overwhelming amount of temporary forgien workers (very little english spoken on the jobsite). The second job was very good I advanced my career and made a lot of money.
Great people, fun to work.
IT Support & Operation Technician (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 17, 2014
Pros: free coffee
Cons: salary
- Checking emails
- Checking Service tickets
- Troubleshooting problems
- Learned communication skills with end users and co-workers
- Enjoyed travelling another office location to fix issues.
did not care
Labourer/Equipment Operator (Former Employee), Conklin, ABFebruary 17, 2014
Pros: flights provided
Cons: management
the job was great the people were great just the management did not care about the employee
CH2M Hill
Carpenter Apprentice (Former Employee), Statoil Conklin, AlbertaJanuary 31, 2014
Pros: many perks and rewards for safety promotion
Cons: some camps were worse than others
My experience was a first as a camp job. I enjoyed it very much along with the benefits and opportunities to meet new people. The safety aspect is incredible and work was enjoyable. I am looking forward to my next opportunity in the construction field looking for another camp job. 14/7 is preferable.
Would work for them again
Welder/Ironworker (Former Employee), Conklin, ABJanuary 2, 2014
Pros: good pay
Cons: poor travel arrangements
A little bit unorganized
Foremans and management were very reasonable people
A lot of Unhappy Co-workers
Not the best work most days
Safety Advisor Postion
Safety Advisor (Former Employee), Can-West Projects LtdDecember 5, 2013
Did incident reporting and investigate the incidents to come up with corrective actions and prevent the reoccurrence. I took care of all weekly and daily meetings with all crews. I made sure that all monthly inspections were complete.
Review of 4 Month Contract
Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee), GreenlandNovember 15, 2013
Pros: good salary, including hazard pay.
Cons: remote location
Found all personnel with CH2 approachable and professional. Probably the best managers I have had the opportunity to work for. Most difficult aspect of the job was remote location and solid 4 month duration. Most enjoyable part of the job was my coworkers.
Good old american company
Pipefitter (Former Employee), Fort Nelson B.c.July 21, 2013
It was my first and only time employed with this company. Good leadership was presented and strong safety ethic, I enjoyed it.
Headquarters