CH2M HILL

CH2M HILL Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Good Company
Maintenance Reliability Engineer (Current Employee), BaltimoreNovember 8, 2013
this is not an IT company whice if it was may better serve my requirements
Wonderful job
Projects Support/Scheduler (Former Employee), Prudhoe Bay, AKOctober 30, 2013
I enjoyed my time greatly with this company and would not have left if i did not need to
diverse company, amazing talents
Senior Program Manager (Former Employee), New York, NYOctober 25, 2013
a global perspective, project pursuit and win oriented, management style B
Some task
Staff Scientist (Current Employee), Virginia Beach, VAOctober 22, 2013
I manage project tasks associated with environmental data validation, interface and coordinate with analytical laboratory for project-specific sampling events and requirements, data deliverables, and analytical methodology, assist field personnel with planning sampling activities, perform review, verification, validation and usability assessment of – more... project data, and implementation corrective actions in accordance with specifications when deficiencies are identified. – less
Great company
GIS Professional II/Scientist I/Biologist (Current Employee), Edwards AFB, CAOctober 22, 2013
I love what I do here. If I could ask to this at any job, I would.
Outstanding Work Environement
Cost Estimator / Engineer (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAOctober 13, 2013
Pros: flexible hours
Teleworking opportunity, great Health Insurance options, company Investment available, a wide range of benefits available, employee own fortune 100 best company to work for. One of the largest A/E company in the World
Very Gratifying: We are building a Power Plant.
Receiving Assistant (Current Employee), West Deptford, NJOctober 11, 2013
Pros: very busy but enjoyable atmosphere. great watching the construction.
Cons: not enough time in the day to get things done...inventory control, data input...etc.
Great atmosphere. We start at 6:00 am and finish at 6;30 pm.
Very professional people who take pride in their work and always have time to help a fellow co-worker.
Friendly office environment on the job site.
Job will be demobilizing late 2013. Will miss my co-workers as we all move onto new endeavors.
Coordinated and structured
Design and Project Manager (Current Employee), Basingstoke, ENGOctober 8, 2013
Pros: local expertise, with global support
Cons: lack of uk management structure
A typical day at CH2MHILL would consist of the development of a product, or the people involved in it.As a company they were very keen to develop their staff and their client and a part of my role would be to write procedural and process documents.
I learned the best way to communicate with my staff, my peers, my line management and my client. Good – more... communication will, quite often, prove to be the success of a project.
Management of a motivated team who are kept informed can be a very rewarding job, as I found with CH2MHILL.
My co-workers stayed loyal to the company for many years, as I did, but alas the project had to come to an end.
The hardest part of the job was trying to understand the requirements of the MoD and then, after numerous meetings with them, get them to agree to a revised, more practical schedule.
The most enjoyable part of the job was success we earned from becoming the number one design contractor on the DII(F) project for the MoD. – less
Coordinated and structured
Design and Project Manager (Current Employee), Basingstoke, ENGOctober 8, 2013
Pros: local expertise, with global support
Cons: lack of uk management structure
Fun, professional work environment
Environmental Staff Scientist I (Current Employee), Edwards AFB, CAOctober 6, 2013
The CH2M HILL office in the Environmental Management division of Edwards Air Force Base is a fun and professional place to work. Everyone is hard working and very knowledgeable and there is a tremendous amount of team work and ethic involved. We still manage to have fun and enjoy each other's company even while remaining a very productive department.
A nice MNC (PMC) company.
Asst. Manager, Administration (Current Employee), Mumbai, MHOctober 4, 2013
It a very nice MNC to work for, those who have interest to work with Project Management Concultancy this is the best company.
Fine, If You Don't Expect to Make a Career Here
Project Assistant (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAOctober 3, 2013
Pros: stepping stone for college students, work three 9's and one 4 on fridays (to the detriment of people who are in the office)
Cons: no hr department!!, no way to resolve management issues, no way of advancing
I had aspirations to work at CH2M Hill for several years because of its global presence. I accepted a contract position, and this gave me an up-front and personal view of what is going on here. One would think (as I did) that with such a large international company, that the management, HR department and ability to grow would be stellar. WRONG! There – more... is NO HR DEPARTMENT. Yes, you read that right. So if you have any issues whatsoever, you have no recourse, no one to listen (unless you consider filling out an email form and hearing back months later listening). This is not a company that you want to jump ship to. Your job is not secure, due to the fact that the people who work here have been there their whole lives, and there is no recourse for the bad management structure. I cannot really speak on the compensation as I was a contract employee and made alot of money, but from conversations with a few employees that have been there for years, it wasn't that great (I was making way more money than them). Also, what I learned about the benefits (as far as health insurance) is disheartening. I also thought, naively, that the benefits would be second to none. NOT TRUE. Unless you are single with no dependents, you will pay out the wazoo and the deductibles are ridiculous no matter who you are!
My final words...Unless you are a college student using this as a stepping stone and an impressive blip on your resume, look elsewhere. It is not all that it seems from the outside! – less
Great opportunity
Construction Manager (Former Employee), AKOctober 2, 2013
Pros: the opportunity for advancement
Overseeing Multi million dollar project, with great teams of people
guarantee 40hrs a week.
plumber/general maintenance (Former Employee), Eden, NCOctober 2, 2013
Pros: guarantee 40 hrs a week.
Cons: having a different boss all the time.
hot, busy and multiple task work place. you learned somthing new almost every day. they went threw boss men all the time.you work by yourself alot. working by myself.
Excellentwork place.
Project Manager (Former Employee), Somerset, NJSeptember 27, 2013
Pros: lunch and learn almost every month. very professional environment.
Cons: job longevity depends on work load.
Work for the company for 5 years. Excellent place to work for, has challenge and opportunity.
I enjoyed working at CH2M Hill and have no ill feelings at leaving.
Lead Piping Engineer (Former Employee), Anchorage, AKSeptember 22, 2013
Pros: 9/80 work schedule
Cons: pep
The day would start with greeting co-workers and then reviewing emails and applying any job related information to jobs as required. Piping designs would be reviewed as necessary and any problems noted for resolution. Working out problem resolutions was the most enjoyable part of the job with the hardest part of the job was writing requisitions using – more... CH2M Hill's CMAS ordering system.

Day to day management was friendly and encouraging. – less
Fun Enviornment and Hard Work
Document Control Specialist (Former Employee), Atlanta, GASeptember 22, 2013
Pros: awesome boss
Cons: long hours
I learned about document retention.
Weekly safety meetings.
A typical day would be logging in many schematics, filing them, scanning them, and distributing them making sure every engineer on the team had the most current information.

the most enjoyable part of the job was the document control department. They worked as a team. My boss was fun and supportive. – more... It was a great place to work. (the free popcorn and occassional free lunches wasn't bad either). – less
Very flexible and great opportunity
Executive and Project Assistant (Current Employee), Houston, TXSeptember 19, 2013
It is a great place to work for when you are attempting to go to school and further your career as well as a steppign stone to get oyur foot wet for any type of job description with the company if and when you set your mind to it.
Working at a petrochemical process facility in the Arctic environment
Facility Technician (Current Employee), Prudhoe Bay, AKSeptember 12, 2013
Pros: the benifits and compensation, time off
Cons: being away from loved ones.
Since working on the north slope of Alaska I have gained extensive knowledge and skills not only hands on, but also on a social level. I work 12 hour days for 21 straight days with a wide variety of people from different parts of the world. I have learned to work together with these different personalities to operate and maintain a oil and gas facility – more... in a very extreme environment. I communicate daily with management from my employer as well as the major oil company I am contracted to. I am able to keep a level mentality on a long work schedule while being thousands of miles away from friends and family. I thouroughly enjoy acomplishing tasks daily and on long term projects to better myself and the company. – less
Not bad
Project worker (Current Employee), TimbuktuSeptember 12, 2013
Not a bad place. They preach strong virtues and it seems in my area they are more than lip service.Plenty of morale building get-togethers and free food. I walked into an existing core group of older employees/ managers who all know there job and are mostly good trainers, with some exceptions.

I read this from an earlier post. It voices my experience – more... in as many words- "Poor management skills, you will never be paid your worth because it is contract work. Advancement opportunities are non existent unless you're ready to move..... Get in, acquire some skills, and get out." Quote, unquote. – less

About CH2M HILL

Since its founding in 1946, CH2M HILL has been building a better and more sustainable planet—delivering challenging projects – Read more