CH2M HILL

CH2M HILL Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Very Professional & Promote from within
Lead Project Planner (Current Employee), YorkMarch 4, 2014
Pros: great people & ambitious
Great atmosphere, Company very ambitious and always growing.
Never good enough regardless of Performance
Project Assistant (Current Employee), Robinson Township, PAFebruary 26, 2014
Pros: 401k
Cons: managers, no hr, lack of commitment to promises
If you want to find a job that offers experience but no advancement then this is the place for you to work. You are promised advancement time after time but when you achieve those goals, you are faced with more steps and ridicule. There is absolutely no HR department so when you have a concern, you are forced to address them with the exact people that – more... are at the stem of the issues. You are trained and then thrown under the bus when the training doesn't work for each individual project. Their benefits are over priced and minimal. They expect suggestions on improvement and then you are told you are lucky to have a job. I had high expectations for this company but have been let down every step of the way. Unless you are friends with the right person, you will not get any further then a Non-Manager position regardless of your performance or ability to out perform. You are also given yearly reviews that are nothing more than a chance for the mangers to knit pick every little thing. Reviews are setup to have your peers review your performance and after 2 years of receiving outstanding reviews, manager still has every excuse why I am not getting promoted to the next level of my position. This may sound like a bitter employee but the feeling is mutual among 95% of the employees currently working with the company. I was told that I don't make myself available enough to the team after committing 60+ hours a week so I took the initiative to go to team members to offer help and then I was told I am not at my desk enough. This company is a lose lose situation, no matter what your performance or commitment is for your career. I was told the company is flexible but that is just not the case unless you want to hear the complaints about having a life outside of work, like kids, doctor appointments, etc. – less
Great employee owned company to work for with integrity and values consistent with my personal value system
Senior Project Control Engineer (Lead Scheduler) (Current Employee), Santa Ana, CAFebruary 25, 2014
Pros: salary and the people
Cons: healthcare benefits
Typical day evolves around meetings with project managers and executives, providing technical expertise on all issues related to schedule delays and claims avoidance.

The hardest part of the job is educating managers on the best practices and principles of the utilization of CPM within the construction industry.

The most enjoyable part of the job – more... is being sought thoughout the program for my recommendation on critical issues. – less
Great Company
Mechanical Engineer (Current Employee), Dallas,TXFebruary 20, 2014
Flexible schedule.
Great Boss and coworkers
Great opportunities.
Cool experience, learned a lot
Utility Worker (Former Employee), Richmond Hill, GAFebruary 20, 2014
Pros: long lunchbreak, day shift, co workers, benefits
Cons: management, contract job, at times confusing of company goals.
CH2MHILL was a good company as far as promoting teamwork. I learned to excel in operating all types of equipment. It was an outside work environment. We had to work in all types of environment extreme, cold, rain and winds.
Same as previous entry.
MANAGER LOGISTIC (Former Employee), Fort Polk, LaFebruary 18, 2014
Pros: still able to support the military.
Cons: contract ended, awarded to urs.
First position after separation from active duty. Able to adjust from active military to private citizen.
Fun place to work as an intern
Electrical Engineering Intern (Former Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 16, 2014
1)HIGHLY EXPERIENCED TEAM
2)VERY HELPING CO-WORKERS
3) PROGRESSIVE WORKING ENVIRONMENT
4) FAST GROWTH WITHIN THE COMPANY
Tough Work
Scaffold Technician (Former Employee), Prudhoe Bay, AKJanuary 19, 2014
Pros: free room and board
Cons: away from home
Being a laborer you do many different types of jobs, I focused on scaffold work. The people I worked around were great and knew the trade very well. Doing any labor for 12 hours a day gets tiresome but other trades and co-workers were great in helping out.
Great firm - huge global opportunities
Senior Environmental Scientist/ Project Manager (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNJanuary 17, 2014
Everyone is empowered at CH2M HILL. Huge global opportunities to work on some of the largest infrastructure projects in the world.
Fast paced competitive work environment
Construction Superintendent (Former Employee), Kenai, AKJanuary 15, 2014
Pros: always plenty of work to stay actively engaged
Cons: cyclical work in this environment
I loved working for this company during my employment. While it was a fast paced environment the personnel for the most part were great to work with. A typical day would start out with challenges and work scope changes that would test my problem solving abilities and that was most exciting for me and through this I learned alot about how to handle different – more... situations whether it be with work scope changes, cliental, or personnel. – less
Global Leader in High Tech Design and Program Management
Architect (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 13, 2014
I have worked with CH2MHILL off and on since 1989. Mostly I have been involved in cleanroom manufacturing design and data center design. I am experienced in performing Lead Architect role, acting as Code Consultant and Project Manager role.
My experience as a sole proprietor and as a departmental manager have given me experience in practice management. – more... I have participated in the pursuit of and win of several major projects while at CH2MHILL as well as performing marketing activities while in my own practice for 9 years.
I enjoy my work. I most enjoy working with the younger members of staff and learning from them and sharing their energy. – less
Retired
E&I QC Inspector (Former Employee), Anchorage, AKJanuary 4, 2014
Pros: job was a short distance from town
Before that the Electrical on a power Plant in Nakiski Alaska,
Working 12 hour shifts
I learned process piping and electrical installations for a Combined steam power plant
Management was easy to get along with.
Co-workers were knowledgeable with their craft
Hardest part of the job was working outdoors in -20 degree in the winter.
Most enjoyable part – more... of the job was working a 4 and 2 week schedule. – less
Nice atmosphere
Electrical Engineer Designer (Current Employee), Cincinnati, OHJanuary 3, 2014
Pros: employees were treated well and able to take care of personal issues when they came up.
Cons: they didn't always bid every job.
I enjoyed working here for the people that I worked with/for. It was always challenging my abilities to make me better.
If the kids were sick or they got a snow day or what ever the case was they didn't mind that I took care of it.
Large Engineering Firm
GIS Analyst (Former Employee), Oakland, CADecember 31, 2013
Great place to learn the industry. Strict standards and a efficient management system. Great place to start a career.
Great Company
Construction Turnover Coordinator (Current Employee), Vineyard, UTDecember 29, 2013
Great company to work for. Company cares about you as a person.
Interesting place to work
Lead Foreman (Former Employee), Christiansburg, VADecember 27, 2013
Pros: teaching / learning
Cons: healthcare / compensation
The work force had little or no bridge experience. It was a teaching and learning experience daily. I learned that it is very important to have positive people skills and patience. Management was easy to work with but not a lot of bridge experience there as well. I enjoyed working with my co-workers , I feel it was a learning experience for them also. – more... The hardest part of the job was trying to get a solid work force. The most enjoyable part of the job was being a part of teaching a bunch of guys a trade that they can be proud of and grow. – less
Great organization
Structural Engineering Intern 5 (Current Employee), Denver, CODecember 22, 2013
Good company with an abundance of highly motivated and competent employees.
Great place to work with good management.
SENIOR PDS PIPING DESIGNER (Former Employee), Spartanburg, SCDecember 11, 2013
Pros: some free lunches
The work was well focused on the tasks at hand and the people were very good to work with. While there I did Front End Loading work for a Bayer plant `which mostly involved doing redline drawing to verify the overall cost of of the piping as well as building equipment and piping in the PDS models.
CH2M Hill
Project Safety Manager (Current Employee), Kabul, AfghanistanNovember 30, 2013
Display hands-on leadership in directing the overall quality, health, safety, and environmental initiatives for SHE Common Group at multiple locations throughout Afghanistan. Audit all subcontractors on the project. Ensure that the training given is in accordance with project requirements, in collaboration with the Training Group. Formed the Emergency – more... Response Team and developed drills for the project in conjunction with base plant and the onsite Mechanical and Electrical Inspection Team.
 Conducted quarterly visits to each of the nine sites and oversaw the realization of EHS vision through commitment and employee ownership in collaboration with safety committees.
 Administered the development and implementation of risk assessment methods and systems in anticipating, identifying, and evaluating hazards.
 Coordinated with project and site leadership to create and achieve short- and long-term EHS objectives, targets, strategies, and measures that prioritized and mitigated risks.
 Provided support to the business acquisition and operation activities as well as shared services.
 Worked in collaboration with senior leadership and contract administrators in planning construction, operation, and maintenance projects.
 Successfully created and carried out programs that surpassed the compliance requirements outlined in federal regulations, DoD guidelines, corporate directives, and industry’s best management practices.
 Performed various tasks, including gathering, reviewing, and approving area assessment reports, corrective action plans, and site surveys assuring compliance with applicable EPA and OSHA regulatory guidance. – less
Good for beginning
GIS Technician (Former Employee), PolandNovember 29, 2013
Good for getting experience, lot of projects, there are opportunities for development. Annoying - inviolable people, working there for ages.

About CH2M HILL

Since its founding in 1946, CH2M HILL has been building a better and more sustainable planet—delivering challenging projects – Read more