CH2M HILL

CH2M HILL Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Same as previous entry.
MANAGER LOGISTIC (Former Employee), Fort Polk, LaFebruary 18, 2014
Pros: still able to support the military.
Cons: contract ended, awarded to urs.
First position after separation from active duty. Able to adjust from active military to private citizen.
Fun place to work as an intern
Electrical Engineering Intern (Former Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 16, 2014
1)HIGHLY EXPERIENCED TEAM
2)VERY HELPING CO-WORKERS
3) PROGRESSIVE WORKING ENVIRONMENT
4) FAST GROWTH WITHIN THE COMPANY
Tough Work
Scaffold Technician (Former Employee), Prudhoe Bay, AKJanuary 19, 2014
Pros: free room and board
Cons: away from home
Being a laborer you do many different types of jobs, I focused on scaffold work. The people I worked around were great and knew the trade very well. Doing any labor for 12 hours a day gets tiresome but other trades and co-workers were great in helping out.
Great firm - huge global opportunities
Senior Environmental Scientist/ Project Manager (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNJanuary 17, 2014
Everyone is empowered at CH2M HILL. Huge global opportunities to work on some of the largest infrastructure projects in the world.
Fast paced competitive work environment
Construction Superintendent (Former Employee), Kenai, AKJanuary 15, 2014
Pros: always plenty of work to stay actively engaged
Cons: cyclical work in this environment
I loved working for this company during my employment. While it was a fast paced environment the personnel for the most part were great to work with. A typical day would start out with challenges and work scope changes that would test my problem solving abilities and that was most exciting for me and through this I learned alot about how to handle different – more... situations whether it be with work scope changes, cliental, or personnel. – less
Global Leader in High Tech Design and Program Management
Architect (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 13, 2014
I have worked with CH2MHILL off and on since 1989. Mostly I have been involved in cleanroom manufacturing design and data center design. I am experienced in performing Lead Architect role, acting as Code Consultant and Project Manager role.
My experience as a sole proprietor and as a departmental manager have given me experience in practice management. – more... I have participated in the pursuit of and win of several major projects while at CH2MHILL as well as performing marketing activities while in my own practice for 9 years.
I enjoy my work. I most enjoy working with the younger members of staff and learning from them and sharing their energy. – less
Retired
E&I QC Inspector (Former Employee), Anchorage, AKJanuary 4, 2014
Pros: job was a short distance from town
Before that the Electrical on a power Plant in Nakiski Alaska,
Working 12 hour shifts
I learned process piping and electrical installations for a Combined steam power plant
Management was easy to get along with.
Co-workers were knowledgeable with their craft
Hardest part of the job was working outdoors in -20 degree in the winter.
Most enjoyable part – more... of the job was working a 4 and 2 week schedule. – less
Nice atmosphere
Electrical Engineer Designer (Current Employee), Cincinnati, OHJanuary 3, 2014
Pros: employees were treated well and able to take care of personal issues when they came up.
Cons: they didn't always bid every job.
I enjoyed working here for the people that I worked with/for. It was always challenging my abilities to make me better.
If the kids were sick or they got a snow day or what ever the case was they didn't mind that I took care of it.
Large Engineering Firm
GIS Analyst (Former Employee), Oakland, CADecember 31, 2013
Great place to learn the industry. Strict standards and a efficient management system. Great place to start a career.
Great Company
Construction Turnover Coordinator (Current Employee), Vineyard, UTDecember 29, 2013
Great company to work for. Company cares about you as a person.
Interesting place to work
Lead Foreman (Former Employee), Christiansburg, VADecember 27, 2013
Pros: teaching / learning
Cons: healthcare / compensation
The work force had little or no bridge experience. It was a teaching and learning experience daily. I learned that it is very important to have positive people skills and patience. Management was easy to work with but not a lot of bridge experience there as well. I enjoyed working with my co-workers , I feel it was a learning experience for them also. – more... The hardest part of the job was trying to get a solid work force. The most enjoyable part of the job was being a part of teaching a bunch of guys a trade that they can be proud of and grow. – less
Great organization
Structural Engineering Intern 5 (Current Employee), Denver, CODecember 22, 2013
Good company with an abundance of highly motivated and competent employees.
Great place to work with good management.
SENIOR PDS PIPING DESIGNER (Former Employee), Spartanburg, SCDecember 11, 2013
Pros: some free lunches
The work was well focused on the tasks at hand and the people were very good to work with. While there I did Front End Loading work for a Bayer plant `which mostly involved doing redline drawing to verify the overall cost of of the piping as well as building equipment and piping in the PDS models.
CH2M Hill
Project Safety Manager (Current Employee), Kabul, AfghanistanNovember 30, 2013
Display hands-on leadership in directing the overall quality, health, safety, and environmental initiatives for SHE Common Group at multiple locations throughout Afghanistan. Audit all subcontractors on the project. Ensure that the training given is in accordance with project requirements, in collaboration with the Training Group. Formed the Emergency – more... Response Team and developed drills for the project in conjunction with base plant and the onsite Mechanical and Electrical Inspection Team.
 Conducted quarterly visits to each of the nine sites and oversaw the realization of EHS vision through commitment and employee ownership in collaboration with safety committees.
 Administered the development and implementation of risk assessment methods and systems in anticipating, identifying, and evaluating hazards.
 Coordinated with project and site leadership to create and achieve short- and long-term EHS objectives, targets, strategies, and measures that prioritized and mitigated risks.
 Provided support to the business acquisition and operation activities as well as shared services.
 Worked in collaboration with senior leadership and contract administrators in planning construction, operation, and maintenance projects.
 Successfully created and carried out programs that surpassed the compliance requirements outlined in federal regulations, DoD guidelines, corporate directives, and industry’s best management practices.
 Performed various tasks, including gathering, reviewing, and approving area assessment reports, corrective action plans, and site surveys assuring compliance with applicable EPA and OSHA regulatory guidance. – less
Good for beginning
GIS Technician (Former Employee), PolandNovember 29, 2013
Good for getting experience, lot of projects, there are opportunities for development. Annoying - inviolable people, working there for ages.
Opportunity to have impact in particular areas.
Document Control Manager (Current Employee), Englewood, CONovember 17, 2013
Pros: environmental conditions are excellent
Cons: lacking an organizational structure in some areas.
Widely eclectic group of colleagues with an immense pool of talent.
I work with a close 6 person team who have adapted to many ownership changes over the years
industrial waste water treatment operator (Current Employee), Kansas City, MONovember 13, 2013
Pros: company paid work clothes and safety equipment.company paid lunches and holidy dinners
Cons: work most holidays
Review current system status.Read e-mails from client and management. Game Plan days operations. Prioritize tasks.
Safety is of utmost importance as job reqires processing hazardous liquid waste for disposal or discarge into POTW.
Staying Flexible to staff and operations changes is a must.
Our Staff takes time to enjoy various occations such as anniversaries – more... and milestones as well as holidys – less
Surrounded by a lot of smart people
Construction Manager (Current Employee), CO, UT, CA, HI, ORNovember 12, 2013
Pros: plenty to learn
Cons: constant moving around
Working for CH2M HILL and its 35,000+ co-workers gave me unlimited resources and reach-back. I was part of the water/wastewater design-build group, so I was always moving from project to project. A typical day for me is being a liaison between our subcontractors and our design engineers. Coordinating different trades, processing submittals and RFI's. – more... Management and co-workers would change from project to project. The hardest part about my job was moving from project to project and changing management processes at each, they were never the same as the last. I got an oportunity to meet a lot of people in a lot of different places. – less
Great place to work and learn - a very professional atmosphere.
Structural Design Intern (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PANovember 11, 2013
Typical day started at 7AM right in on drawing structural features of new buildings to include concrete, a-rod support, steel columns, girders and other support systems. Working with and around other drawings was required taking note of where electrical systems and piping were located. Communication with other drafters and engineers was key and an ongoing – more... process. Co-workers and management were all very experienced and great teachers. Hardest part of the job was leaving new friends. Most enjoyable part was coming in to work each day knowing I was going to be counted on. – less
Good Company
Maintenance Reliability Engineer (Current Employee), BaltimoreNovember 8, 2013
this is not an IT company whice if it was may better serve my requirements

About CH2M HILL

Since its founding in 1946, CH2M HILL has been building a better and more sustainable planet—delivering challenging projects – Read more