CH2M HILL

CH2M HILL Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
CH2M Hill
Project Safety Manager (Current Employee), Kabul, AfghanistanNovember 30, 2013
Display hands-on leadership in directing the overall quality, health, safety, and environmental initiatives for SHE Common Group at multiple locations throughout Afghanistan. Audit all subcontractors on the project. Ensure that the training given is in accordance with project requirements, in collaboration with the Training Group. Formed the Emergency – more... Response Team and developed drills for the project in conjunction with base plant and the onsite Mechanical and Electrical Inspection Team.
 Conducted quarterly visits to each of the nine sites and oversaw the realization of EHS vision through commitment and employee ownership in collaboration with safety committees.
 Administered the development and implementation of risk assessment methods and systems in anticipating, identifying, and evaluating hazards.
 Coordinated with project and site leadership to create and achieve short- and long-term EHS objectives, targets, strategies, and measures that prioritized and mitigated risks.
 Provided support to the business acquisition and operation activities as well as shared services.
 Worked in collaboration with senior leadership and contract administrators in planning construction, operation, and maintenance projects.
 Successfully created and carried out programs that surpassed the compliance requirements outlined in federal regulations, DoD guidelines, corporate directives, and industry’s best management practices.
 Performed various tasks, including gathering, reviewing, and approving area assessment reports, corrective action plans, and site surveys assuring compliance with applicable EPA and OSHA regulatory guidance. – less
Good for beginning
GIS Technician (Former Employee), PolandNovember 29, 2013
Good for getting experience, lot of projects, there are opportunities for development. Annoying - inviolable people, working there for ages.
Opportunity to have impact in particular areas.
Document Control Manager (Current Employee), Englewood, CONovember 17, 2013
Pros: environmental conditions are excellent
Cons: lacking an organizational structure in some areas.
Widely eclectic group of colleagues with an immense pool of talent.
Review of 4 Month Contract
Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee), GreenlandNovember 15, 2013
Pros: good salary, including hazard pay.
Cons: remote location
Found all personnel with CH2 approachable and professional. Probably the best managers I have had the opportunity to work for. Most difficult aspect of the job was remote location and solid 4 month duration. Most enjoyable part of the job was my coworkers.
I work with a close 6 person team who have adapted to many ownership changes over the years
industrial waste water treatment operator (Current Employee), Kansas City, MONovember 13, 2013
Pros: company paid work clothes and safety equipment.company paid lunches and holidy dinners
Cons: work most holidays
Review current system status.Read e-mails from client and management. Game Plan days operations. Prioritize tasks.
Safety is of utmost importance as job reqires processing hazardous liquid waste for disposal or discarge into POTW.
Staying Flexible to staff and operations changes is a must.
Our Staff takes time to enjoy various occations such as anniversaries – more... and milestones as well as holidys – less
Surrounded by a lot of smart people
Construction Manager (Current Employee), CO, UT, CA, HI, ORNovember 12, 2013
Pros: plenty to learn
Cons: constant moving around
Working for CH2M HILL and its 35,000+ co-workers gave me unlimited resources and reach-back. I was part of the water/wastewater design-build group, so I was always moving from project to project. A typical day for me is being a liaison between our subcontractors and our design engineers. Coordinating different trades, processing submittals and RFI's. – more... Management and co-workers would change from project to project. The hardest part about my job was moving from project to project and changing management processes at each, they were never the same as the last. I got an oportunity to meet a lot of people in a lot of different places. – less
Great place to work and learn - a very professional atmosphere.
Structural Design Intern (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PANovember 11, 2013
Typical day started at 7AM right in on drawing structural features of new buildings to include concrete, a-rod support, steel columns, girders and other support systems. Working with and around other drawings was required taking note of where electrical systems and piping were located. Communication with other drafters and engineers was key and an ongoing – more... process. Co-workers and management were all very experienced and great teachers. Hardest part of the job was leaving new friends. Most enjoyable part was coming in to work each day knowing I was going to be counted on. – less
Good Company
Maintenance Reliability Engineer (Current Employee), BaltimoreNovember 8, 2013
this is not an IT company whice if it was may better serve my requirements
Decent
Intermediate Draftsperson (Current Employee), Calgary, ABNovember 6, 2013
Pros: free lunches and lunch-and-learns are there almost every month
Cons: sometimes hours may be too long for some people
Decent environment. Supportive staff. Good lunch and learn sessions.
Wonderful job
Projects Support/Scheduler (Former Employee), Prudhoe Bay, AKOctober 30, 2013
I enjoyed my time greatly with this company and would not have left if i did not need to
diverse company, amazing talents
Senior Program Manager (Former Employee), New York, NYOctober 25, 2013
a global perspective, project pursuit and win oriented, management style B
Some task
Staff Scientist (Current Employee), Virginia Beach, VAOctober 22, 2013
I manage project tasks associated with environmental data validation, interface and coordinate with analytical laboratory for project-specific sampling events and requirements, data deliverables, and analytical methodology, assist field personnel with planning sampling activities, perform review, verification, validation and usability assessment of – more... project data, and implementation corrective actions in accordance with specifications when deficiencies are identified. – less
Great company
GIS Professional II/Scientist I/Biologist (Current Employee), Edwards AFB, CAOctober 22, 2013
I love what I do here. If I could ask to this at any job, I would.
Outstanding Work Environement
Cost Estimator / Engineer (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAOctober 13, 2013
Pros: flexible hours
Teleworking opportunity, great Health Insurance options, company Investment available, a wide range of benefits available, employee own fortune 100 best company to work for. One of the largest A/E company in the World
Very Gratifying: We are building a Power Plant.
Receiving Assistant (Current Employee), West Deptford, NJOctober 11, 2013
Pros: very busy but enjoyable atmosphere. great watching the construction.
Cons: not enough time in the day to get things done...inventory control, data input...etc.
Great atmosphere. We start at 6:00 am and finish at 6;30 pm.
Very professional people who take pride in their work and always have time to help a fellow co-worker.
Friendly office environment on the job site.
Job will be demobilizing late 2013. Will miss my co-workers as we all move onto new endeavors.
Coordinated and structured
Design and Project Manager (Current Employee), Basingstoke, ENGOctober 8, 2013
Pros: local expertise, with global support
Cons: lack of uk management structure
A typical day at CH2MHILL would consist of the development of a product, or the people involved in it.As a company they were very keen to develop their staff and their client and a part of my role would be to write procedural and process documents.
I learned the best way to communicate with my staff, my peers, my line management and my client. Good – more... communication will, quite often, prove to be the success of a project.
Management of a motivated team who are kept informed can be a very rewarding job, as I found with CH2MHILL.
My co-workers stayed loyal to the company for many years, as I did, but alas the project had to come to an end.
The hardest part of the job was trying to understand the requirements of the MoD and then, after numerous meetings with them, get them to agree to a revised, more practical schedule.
The most enjoyable part of the job was success we earned from becoming the number one design contractor on the DII(F) project for the MoD. – less
Coordinated and structured
Design and Project Manager (Current Employee), Basingstoke, ENGOctober 8, 2013
Pros: local expertise, with global support
Cons: lack of uk management structure
Fun, professional work environment
Environmental Staff Scientist I (Current Employee), Edwards AFB, CAOctober 6, 2013
The CH2M HILL office in the Environmental Management division of Edwards Air Force Base is a fun and professional place to work. Everyone is hard working and very knowledgeable and there is a tremendous amount of team work and ethic involved. We still manage to have fun and enjoy each other's company even while remaining a very productive department.
A nice MNC (PMC) company.
Asst. Manager, Administration (Current Employee), Mumbai, MHOctober 4, 2013
It a very nice MNC to work for, those who have interest to work with Project Management Concultancy this is the best company.
Fine, If You Don't Expect to Make a Career Here
Project Assistant (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAOctober 3, 2013
Pros: stepping stone for college students, work three 9's and one 4 on fridays (to the detriment of people who are in the office)
Cons: no hr department!!, no way to resolve management issues, no way of advancing
I had aspirations to work at CH2M Hill for several years because of its global presence. I accepted a contract position, and this gave me an up-front and personal view of what is going on here. One would think (as I did) that with such a large international company, that the management, HR department and ability to grow would be stellar. WRONG! There – more... is NO HR DEPARTMENT. Yes, you read that right. So if you have any issues whatsoever, you have no recourse, no one to listen (unless you consider filling out an email form and hearing back months later listening). This is not a company that you want to jump ship to. Your job is not secure, due to the fact that the people who work here have been there their whole lives, and there is no recourse for the bad management structure. I cannot really speak on the compensation as I was a contract employee and made alot of money, but from conversations with a few employees that have been there for years, it wasn't that great (I was making way more money than them). Also, what I learned about the benefits (as far as health insurance) is disheartening. I also thought, naively, that the benefits would be second to none. NOT TRUE. Unless you are single with no dependents, you will pay out the wazoo and the deductibles are ridiculous no matter who you are!
My final words...Unless you are a college student using this as a stepping stone and an impressive blip on your resume, look elsewhere. It is not all that it seems from the outside! – less

About CH2M HILL

Since its founding in 1946, CH2M HILL has been building a better and more sustainable planet—delivering challenging projects – Read more