CH2M HILL

CH2M HILL Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great Company
Structural Welder/ Iron Worker (Former Employee), Vineyard, UTMay 10, 2014
I really enjoyed working for CH2MHill. The pay was great for a structural welder at $32 an hour. The hours were great and they always gave some time off for holidays - we had like 2 weeks off for Christmas.
Similar to other big construction firms
Pipefitter foreman (Former Employee), Conklin, ABMay 7, 2014
I was on two different jobs with this company the first one I really did not like. This was mostly due to the overwhelming amount of temporary forgien workers (very little english spoken on the jobsite). The second job was very good I advanced my career and made a lot of money.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Gainesville, FLMay 6, 2014
Licensing for Engineers, order, process, and approve invoice payments for PE seals, Data input scheduling for Engineers (Set up Resource and Task schedule on Microsoft Projects following a sample), did some travel arrangements, passport photos, and passport processing for some engineers, assist with Specifications processing, including editing, accepting – more... track changes, making PDFs, proofing, etc,. help Project Assistants when needed, and miscellaneous jobs such as copying, labels, notebooks, filing, faxing, and phone. Have also processed, followed up on, and sent out submittals for Engineers; this included sending copies to clients, distributing, following up on, and faxing change orders, and other documents, filing originals, and also re-submittals. I also transferred information from Drawings. Talk with Vendors to set up lunch & learn seminars, book rooms, and order food. Also approved and processed payments for vendor food orders for lunch and learns and group meetings, and kept the files. – less
VERY SERIOUS PROFESSIONAL SAFE COMPANY
GENERAL FOREMAN (Former Employee), PRUDHOE BAY AKMay 5, 2014
OUT STANDING, Great Team work, Safety Implemented & Followed / Observed & Audit Reports; Professional Quality Chosen Crew
En la parte administrativa, la empresa es excesivamente burocrática.
Jefe de Inspección (Current Employee), Buenos Aires, BApril 24, 2014
Pros: buena calidad humana, buen trato.
Cons: muy burocratica
Administrativamente regular. Trato muy bueno. Buena calidad de gente.
Great company to work for!
Admin (Current Employee), Dunbar WVApril 8, 2014
Pros: co-workers
Cons: contract job
Document control, input hours worked, scanning, copying, filing etc.
Nice Working Environment, totally professional attitude of all the colleague irrespective of their level
Senior Consultant (Former Employee), Gurgaon, HRApril 4, 2014
Pros: occasional parties like birthday, promotions etc.
Cons: long hours of work and commitment with schedule
Too busy from the morning till the evening. all the friends and colleague were very cooperative. boss also too helpful though he was much younger than me but always had a lot of respect for me. Every month they organize a sort of fun competition which could be participated by any one irrespective of their level and winner is given a price.all boys girls – more... used to enjoy and make fun of each other.

It was my best experience of working with such an organisation. – less
Modis Contract
Service Desk Analyst/ Technical Assistance Center (Former Employee), Denver, COApril 4, 2014
Pros: grerat communication
Cons: call center environment
Great contract job. The helpdesk was more of a call center than a true helpdesk, focusing more on time spent and limiting all calls to 15 minutes before escalation; however, the environment and programs available to employees were nice. As a contractor; my agency took good care of me and consistently checked up on my p[progress and happiness there.
An ok place to work.
Project Director (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCMarch 28, 2014
Pros: ch recognizes different lifestyles and how personal needs work for each individual
Cons: limited opportunity for advancement especially for those over the age of 50
Overall I would rate CH as 3 star company. Not the best, not the worst. Young people have a good opportunity for advancement but will hit a brick wall at some point in their career. So CH is not a good company for a long term career. Good stepping stone otherwise. As far as pay, good for younger employees and not so good for older ones. Benefits are – more... probably average. – less
Productive and Busy Project Environment
Engineer Material Contorl (Former Employee), Denver, COMarch 27, 2014
My typical day was spent supporting power projects. I learn much about SP Design Tools and work process.
Great company to work for
Environmental Technician (Current Employee), Sacramento Ca.March 26, 2014
I work for CH2MHILL and enjoy it, my direct supervisors are a breeze to work with and the freedom to manage my own schedule and work life is a great thing.
productive safety and quality
General Maintenance Technician Tanks & Vessels O&M (Former Employee), Prudhoe Bay, AKMarch 20, 2014
working in the oilfield is very challenging, safety is very good high priority, lots of maintenance work long hour shift was very fun schedule of 2x2 weeks was good
Business Development is ruining this company
Substation Design Engineer (Current Employee), Denver, COMarch 19, 2014
Pros: great pay. great co-workers.
Cons: not going to get new work.
The substation design team here is outstanding. There is one person in charge of getting work that is the worst I've ever experienced. We have little to no work and he turns work down. He also blocks any of the engineers here from using their contacts to get work.
Very good company to work for
Electrical Engineer (Current Employee), Abu Dhabi, AZMarch 18, 2014
Pros: good company, nice environment
Cons: long hours
As my first Company, i find it great to work in a multicultural environments with good and supportive management.
The values, morals, and culture of CH2M HILL make an employee feel welcomed, balance, educated, and appreciated. CH2M HILL invests in their employees on many aspects, and advancement in career is highly likely. In house training sessions – more... are constantly provided at an easy access to each employee, which ensures success for any individual. – less
CH2M Hill is a great company to work for. They provide a very professional atmosphere with quality being their focus..
Senior HVAC/Plumbing Designer (Former Employee), Spartanburg, SCMarch 17, 2014
Pros: very friendly work atmosphere and knowlegable people.
Cons: their healthcare provider was difficult to work with.
I would still be with CH2M Hill, but a client decided to hold off on a major project (60% of the office was asigned to this project). Due to the engineering workplace being flat for now, it was hard for them to maintain the staff.
Great people, fun to work.
IT Support & Operation Technician (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 17, 2014
Pros: free coffee
Cons: salary
- Checking emails
- Checking Service tickets
- Troubleshooting problems
- Learned communication skills with end users and co-workers
- Enjoyed travelling another office location to fix issues.
One for the record books
Interview (Former Employee), Marietta, GAMarch 14, 2014
Pros: talking to the security guards, very professional
Cons: top heavy, government contractor, like most
Lab Analyst position has been posted for 6 months. Went to interview and the Interviewer was very unprofessional. Possible mental issues. Small laboratory. When I tried to explain why I was on the premises but 20 minutes late trying to find the building. I was immediately interrupted and told " I don't want to have a conversation on why you were late". – more... When I was pickup up by interviewer and taken to the building it was like I was talking to a wall. No people skills. After interview was over instead of taking me back to where I was picked up, interviewer took me the equivalent of 50 yard line in parking lot and said I will be interviewing other candidates. The interview did tell me they needed to use some of their vacation before they lost some time.... (Bad picture if you ask me.) Maybe this only happens at the Marietta facility...

Morale of the story.. When you see a job posted repeatedly over a 6 month period. Danger!!! – less
Great place to work for a not so great salary
Structural Engineer II (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAMarch 10, 2014
The job overall was very rewarding and I learned a lot, however, I was paid at least 10-15% below other PE's with similar skills and job descriptions and I felt like I was taking on increasing responsibility without any decent pay increase.
Everything about CH2MHILL was great
Data Management Specialist I (Former Employee), Edwards AFB, CAMarch 9, 2014
Pros: everything
Working for CH2MHILL I was in environmental management. What a great place & company to work for. The higher Anarchy were very good to their employee's. They recognized us as much as they did themselves. I met so many wonderful people & learned so much from working with them.
Good Company
Civil Design Technician for CH2M HILL (Current Employee), Wakefield / NormantonMarch 6, 2014
Pros: flexi-time contract
Cons: no scope of personal development
Very forunate to have a job which is very specialized at such an early point in my career.

However internal progression seems few and far between for a recent graduate within the contract i am working in.

i am contracted to 38 hours per week, although i work over 40 most weeks and log the excess as flexi-time which i can take off when i chose, which – more... is a real bonus in balancing a good work/life balance

I have learned a vast amount of knowledge into all aspects of highway engineering in the year i have worked at the country.

My work colleagues are very friendly and helpful and we all strive to deliver projects on time and under budget which makes the work place very enjoyable for me, and the team.

The hardest part of the job is that some schemes can be repetetive, but this is mainly down to the needs of the client at that time and the allocated work load towards the end of the financial year.

The most enjoyable part of the job is having the opportunity to visit the site and to see the projects you design come to life. – less

About CH2M HILL

Since its founding in 1946, CH2M HILL has been building a better and more sustainable planet—delivering challenging projects – Read more