CH2M HILL

CH2M HILL Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Nice place to work If you like man camp
Pipefitter (Former Employee), Nelson, BCDecember 14, 2012
I learned a lot about the people of canada. There are very talented people they put they best foot forwards all the time. They had a wide variety of people from all nations working around you. The snow toke some time to get use to and the temperature toke some time too. The most enjoyable time of the hold experience is being able to go home every 21 days to see the family....
CH2M HILL is a good company
Project Engineer at StatOil facility in Leismer (Current Employee), Calgary, ABNovember 20, 2012
Pros: good pay
Cons: on-site work environment is not healty
CH2M HILL is new in SAGD EPCM work and it will still take this company few years to get a solid understanding of the EPCM for SAGD process.
PID REVIEW
Instrumentation Design Technician (Former Employee), Calgary, ABOctober 30, 2012
lots of opportunities to grow and learn

you need strong computer skills
Good work atmosphere
Pipefitter (Current Employee), Fort Nelson B.C.September 12, 2012
Pros: safety first
11 hour work days . I met and worked with people from many different countries.
Safe job site to work in.
Industrial Pipefitter (Current Employee), Fort Nelson, BCAugust 28, 2012
Pros: free food even tho i could use some improvement
Cons: transportation is not the most comfortable
A typical day at work starts always with a safety meeting since safety is #1 priority in this job site. I have learned valuable lessons on piping connecting to rotating equipment since am assisting the Millwrights on this job.

Coworkers are really friendly and helpful at work most of the people here has a good attitude, some supervisors are very organized and some others are not as much just like any other job, i consider the transportation the hardest part of the job since it takes a while to get to the job site. the most enjoyable part of the job to me would be assisting Millwrights on pumps alignment since its all clean and all about precision.
Inspection
Contract Administrator and Site Inspector (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 7, 2012
• Administered and inspected construction of Tullamore Transmission Main, Contract No. 2 including installation of 2290m of 1050mm diameter Concrete Pressure Pipe (C.P.P.) transmission and associated chambers and appurtenances on Airport Road and Mayfield Road, and 44m installation of transmission main in tunnel under Mayfield Rd and site clearance and restoration
High volume and energy required
Recruitment Coordinator (Current Employee), Calgary, ABApril 2, 2012
Large American company, good for those who would like to go international-lots of opportunity for growth. Very fast paced. Great people in Calgary office. Hard if you like having supervisor in the same country as you, as many are scattered in NA. Great place for engineers-lots of work available.
Great Company but beware of which project you accept assignment too
Design Technician 4 (Current Employee), NMJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: great benefits
Cons: very easy to end up in a dead end position
Great benefits and great pay but depending on which project you are assigned will effect if you receive annual raises, have good management or if you will ever make it out of your current job title.
Challenges Abound
Senior Benefits Professional (Current Employee), Englewood, COJanuary 17, 2015
CH2M HILL was once a small company that grew into a large one very quickly. Challenges are around every corner, as is customary with such significant growth, for those who are dedicated to the job.
Excellent Company - CH2M Hill
Remote Consultant, Tool Install Administration (Former Employee), Malta, NYJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: people
CH2M Hill is rated as a top ethical company. I can tell you that this is very true and they have a most excellent culture to work in. I loved my time at CH2M Hill and would return in a second. I learned about keeping steadfast to contract and project timelines. I understand that the client must be at ease with your practices and methodology.
Try to treat people well, but difficult to advance.
Health and Safety Manager (Current Employee), Englewood, COJanuary 14, 2015
CH2M HILL has had a rough fiscal stretch, with a Reduction in Force. Even before, it has always been difficult to move up internally. That said, they do try to treat their people well, especially veterans.
Good People
Program Manager (Former Employee), Spartanburg, SCJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: people
Cons: arrogance
Business Culture morphing. Executive Leadership Denver Centric.
Comfortable place to work with competitive wage and benefits.
Project accountant (Former Employee), Corvallis, OregonJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: indoors, climate controlled, accessible facilities, frequent food at meetings
Cons: most workers are distant from decision making and can do little to influence those decisions, i no longer work there.
My most recent place of employment was an excellent place to work. The wages were comparatively high for my area and the work environment was pleasant. As an accounting person, the work could have been at any large firm and would not have been significantly different. In the office I heard of the project work that I was supporting and found much of it very interesting. That connected me to the larger goals of the firm.
My co-workers were a treat with which to work. They were polite, professional, level, community involved and frequently quite funny. The supervisors were knowledgeable and accessible. Because of the size of the company, the supervisors with which I dealt did not have much influence over the direction of the company or policies they were asked to implement.
The hardest part of my most recent role at was finding and compiling the backup for large projects timely and without error. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping a non-accounting coworker to navigate the accounting systems to achieve their goals, whether it being processing an invoice, determining the validity of a charge on their project, or filling out an expense sheet.
Was OK
Instrumentation and Controls Designer (Former Employee), Bellevue, WAJanuary 3, 2015
Pros: flexibility with scheduling, very nice people!
Cons: lack of variety
At CH2M Hill my average day consisted of looking over documents, editing programming, coordinating with the team, and doing work in programs such as AutoCAD. Periodically my job would include meetings, going out to the site to verify existing conditions, and resolving construction issues. I learned a great deal about contracting and government work. I think the most enjoyable thing from my work was going home with a smile on my face knowing I had accomplished a lot that day. The most difficult thing about it was facing down almost 10,000 drawings and other contract documents that needed to be worked on and figuring out how to efficiently handle that work load. Management, colleagues and job culture were all quite enjoyable.
Decent company to work for
Lead Mechanic (Former Employee), Hoboken NJDecember 28, 2014
Decent company, not so good with the compensation and benefits.
A Company Based on sound Ethics and Employee Interests
Senior Unexploded Ordnance Supervisor/UXOQC/UXOSO (Former Employee), Englewood, CODecember 21, 2014
Pros: employee owned, benefits, camaraderie
Cons: government contracting
CH2M HILL was founded by three college students based on a class project and those principles which this company was founded are carried on today by a book written by its founders in the mid-1940's which hold true today. A great place to work and lots of fun.
Worst Place Ever
EHS Field Specialist (Former Employee), Point ThomsonDecember 17, 2014
Pros: rotational shift.
Cons: management is the worst i've experienced. they couldn't get payroll right.
This company was by far the worst place I worked. The on-boarding was chaotic and not well planned. Management was either not around or when they were, they treated people arrogantly and with such disrespect. The company continually screwed up on the payroll. One time I didn't even receive a pay check and had to get this issue resolved at a later date. I had to continually give them emails from my sent files to prove I submitted my timecards. By Senior Management's own admission, they were running out of places to put poor middle management. They had to keep moving middle management from project to project because of complaints. Lots of employees wanted to leave or were looking for other jobs. I was surprised at how, overall, poorly managed this company was especially since I had known a CH2MHill worker for many, many years. The President actually released a video to all the staff globally that they were loosing money in most all there projects - not surprising after what I went through. Had I known all this, I would have never accepted the position. Terrible experience.
Very professional work environment with good people
Electrical Engineering Internship (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PADecember 16, 2014
Learned a lot about the consultant/design work for engineering through designing electrical systems for data centers.
High level projects all around
Senior Environmental Project Manager (Former Employee), Chicago, ILDecember 10, 2014
High level projects all around. Helps if you are a self starter that doesn't need much guidance.
Excellent work/life balance
Project Automation Leader (Former Employee), Sacramento, CADecember 8, 2014
Pros: excellent work/life balance
A great company, great co-workers and excellent choice if you're looking for a flexible work schedule.

About CH2M HILL

Since its founding in 1946, CH2M HILL has been building a better and more sustainable planet—delivering challenging projects – Read more