CH2M HILL

CH2M HILL Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Cool experience, learned a lot
Utility Worker (Former Employee), Richmond Hill, GAFebruary 20, 2014
Pros: long lunchbreak, day shift, co workers, benefits
Cons: management, contract job, at times confusing of company goals.
CH2MHILL was a good company as far as promoting teamwork. I learned to excel in operating all types of equipment. It was an outside work environment. We had to work in all types of environment extreme, cold, rain and winds.
Same as previous entry.
MANAGER LOGISTIC (Former Employee), Fort Polk, LaFebruary 18, 2014
Pros: still able to support the military.
Cons: contract ended, awarded to urs.
First position after separation from active duty. Able to adjust from active military to private citizen.
Empresa ainda se estabelecendo no Brasil, onde tive oportunidade de ampliar minhas experiências na área de Engenharia
Talent Acquisition Specialist (Former Employee), São Paulo, SPFebruary 18, 2014
A parte mais difícil foi o de "convencer" os gestores que não tínhamos que considerar apenas o networking deles. Criei o Banco de Talentos e trouxe profissionais fora do círculo de networking
did not care
Labourer/Equipment Operator (Former Employee), Conklin, ABFebruary 17, 2014
Pros: flights provided
Cons: management
the job was great the people were great just the management did not care about the employee
Fun place to work as an intern
Electrical Engineering Intern (Former Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 16, 2014
1)HIGHLY EXPERIENCED TEAM
2)VERY HELPING CO-WORKERS
3) PROGRESSIVE WORKING ENVIRONMENT
4) FAST GROWTH WITHIN THE COMPANY
CH2M Hill
Carpenter Apprentice (Former Employee), Statoil Conklin, AlbertaJanuary 31, 2014
Pros: many perks and rewards for safety promotion
Cons: some camps were worse than others
My experience was a first as a camp job. I enjoyed it very much along with the benefits and opportunities to meet new people. The safety aspect is incredible and work was enjoyable. I am looking forward to my next opportunity in the construction field looking for another camp job. 14/7 is preferable.
Empresa cultura de primeiro mundo, dinámica, muito boa de trabalhar
Constrution Manager (Former Employee), São Paulo, SPJanuary 26, 2014
Muito boa, com muitas posibilidades de aprendizado e crecimento
Tough Work
Scaffold Technician (Former Employee), Prudhoe Bay, AKJanuary 19, 2014
Pros: free room and board
Cons: away from home
Being a laborer you do many different types of jobs, I focused on scaffold work. The people I worked around were great and knew the trade very well. Doing any labor for 12 hours a day gets tiresome but other trades and co-workers were great in helping out.
Great firm - huge global opportunities
Senior Environmental Scientist/ Project Manager (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNJanuary 17, 2014
Everyone is empowered at CH2M HILL. Huge global opportunities to work on some of the largest infrastructure projects in the world.
Fast paced competitive work environment
Construction Superintendent (Former Employee), Kenai, AKJanuary 15, 2014
Pros: always plenty of work to stay actively engaged
Cons: cyclical work in this environment
I loved working for this company during my employment. While it was a fast paced environment the personnel for the most part were great to work with. A typical day would start out with challenges and work scope changes that would test my problem solving abilities and that was most exciting for me and through this I learned alot about how to handle different – more... situations whether it be with work scope changes, cliental, or personnel. – less
Global Leader in High Tech Design and Program Management
Architect (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 13, 2014
I have worked with CH2MHILL off and on since 1989. Mostly I have been involved in cleanroom manufacturing design and data center design. I am experienced in performing Lead Architect role, acting as Code Consultant and Project Manager role.
My experience as a sole proprietor and as a departmental manager have given me experience in practice management. – more... I have participated in the pursuit of and win of several major projects while at CH2MHILL as well as performing marketing activities while in my own practice for 9 years.
I enjoy my work. I most enjoy working with the younger members of staff and learning from them and sharing their energy. – less
Retired
E&I QC Inspector (Former Employee), Anchorage, AKJanuary 4, 2014
Pros: job was a short distance from town
Before that the Electrical on a power Plant in Nakiski Alaska,
Working 12 hour shifts
I learned process piping and electrical installations for a Combined steam power plant
Management was easy to get along with.
Co-workers were knowledgeable with their craft
Hardest part of the job was working outdoors in -20 degree in the winter.
Most enjoyable part – more... of the job was working a 4 and 2 week schedule. – less
Nice atmosphere
Electrical Engineer Designer (Current Employee), Cincinnati, OHJanuary 3, 2014
Pros: employees were treated well and able to take care of personal issues when they came up.
Cons: they didn't always bid every job.
I enjoyed working here for the people that I worked with/for. It was always challenging my abilities to make me better.
If the kids were sick or they got a snow day or what ever the case was they didn't mind that I took care of it.
Would work for them again
Welder/Ironworker (Former Employee), Conklin, ABJanuary 2, 2014
Pros: good pay
Cons: poor travel arrangements
A little bit unorganized
Foremans and management were very reasonable people
A lot of Unhappy Co-workers
Not the best work most days
Large Engineering Firm
GIS Analyst (Former Employee), Oakland, CADecember 31, 2013
Great place to learn the industry. Strict standards and a efficient management system. Great place to start a career.
Great Company
Construction Turnover Coordinator (Current Employee), Vineyard, UTDecember 29, 2013
Great company to work for. Company cares about you as a person.
Interesting place to work
Lead Foreman (Former Employee), Christiansburg, VADecember 27, 2013
Pros: teaching / learning
Cons: healthcare / compensation
The work force had little or no bridge experience. It was a teaching and learning experience daily. I learned that it is very important to have positive people skills and patience. Management was easy to work with but not a lot of bridge experience there as well. I enjoyed working with my co-workers , I feel it was a learning experience for them also. – more... The hardest part of the job was trying to get a solid work force. The most enjoyable part of the job was being a part of teaching a bunch of guys a trade that they can be proud of and grow. – less
Great organization
Structural Engineering Intern 5 (Current Employee), Denver, CODecember 22, 2013
Good company with an abundance of highly motivated and competent employees.
Great place to work with good management.
SENIOR PDS PIPING DESIGNER (Former Employee), Spartanburg, SCDecember 11, 2013
Pros: some free lunches
The work was well focused on the tasks at hand and the people were very good to work with. While there I did Front End Loading work for a Bayer plant `which mostly involved doing redline drawing to verify the overall cost of of the piping as well as building equipment and piping in the PDS models.
Safety Advisor Postion
Safety Advisor (Former Employee), Can-West Projects LtdDecember 5, 2013
Did incident reporting and investigate the incidents to come up with corrective actions and prevent the reoccurrence. I took care of all weekly and daily meetings with all crews. I made sure that all monthly inspections were complete.

About CH2M HILL

Since its founding in 1946, CH2M HILL has been building a better and more sustainable planet—delivering challenging projects – Read more