CGGVeritas

CGGVeritas Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
overal good company
Seismic observer/engineer (Current Employee), Jakarta, JKMay 16, 2013
Pros: good benefits
Cons: management not keen to watch over the field crew
typical seismic jobs, but lack of improvement on the field operation compare to main competitor. Managemenet not keen to watch this field operation.
No job security at Calgary office
Geophysicist (Former Employee), CalgaryApril 23, 2013
Pros: free breakfast, good salary
Cons: no respect and appreciation, no job security
Calgary office little weird, only worked there for about an year.
Great place to make friends except management keep firing people. You get bonus based on how much your boss like you not how much you work.

It's common too see Center head screaming on managers. There are some awesome people to work with and you can learn so much.

Sadly I won't recommend – more... any one to work there, these are my personal views may be some one will give better view about this company. – less
Hire and fire Calgary office
Geophysicist (Former Employee), CalgaryApril 23, 2013
I worked with CGG Calgary for three years all I can say is their training and pay is up to industry standard. Great place to start for young people fresh out of university.

This review is strictly about their Calgary office, which fires people on regular basis. Head of company tells in a town hall meeting that if you disagree with me here is the door – more... you can leave. No respect for people, managers are so scared of the boss that he won't think a minute before passing the blame to you. I won't recommend any one to work in Calgary office there are better companies out there try them ...

My comments are unbiased. Glass door has better review about Calgary Center.

My comments are not linked to Hampton Russell group of cgg, as they work Independently. – less
Great place to work love the travel, pay, benefits. There was never a person there from upper to lower management who wasn't always willing to help.
Field Administrator (Former Employee), Houston, TXSeptember 4, 2013
CGGVeritas is a great company to work for.I would say other than the US Marine Corps the best employer I ever had. I was a Field Administrator my pay, benefits, were super. I travelled a lot as CGG is an oil and gas exploration company and loved it. I had an opportunity to meet people and go places I would never have gone had it not been for CGG. As – more... a Field Administrator I was offered special benefits as I held a fairly high position on the project team. I received per diem, my own hotel room, truck pay for my personal vehicle. The job had it's stressors but, if asked to do it all again I surely would. The peaceful nights on the North Slope of Alaska were my fondest memories. I give them a 5 in all areas. Great outfit. – less
use you and lose you
Trouble shooter/ Harvester/ Driver/ Trainer (Former Employee), Houston, TXApril 23, 2013
Pros: lots of office space, outside wok, co-workers, decent pay and benefits, recognition
Cons: employees are highly exspendable
I loved the job, got to hike around the mountains and lay out seismic equipment. I promoted through the system rather fast and within a few months and was training my four man crew to troubleshoot the equipment. This company moved to another state with a different job site and layed off all their employees that didn't have a CDL.
Excellent workplace and nice people
Accounting Intern (Former Employee), Houston, TXMarch 6, 2013
I assisted Accounts Payable Group in Daily Cash Journal Entries through Oracle System. I also did bank reconciliation for each month, including cash account, check account and foreign currency account applying advanced Excel skills. In addition, I collected and managed payment register and checks cleared bank data using MS Excel. I assisted Accounts – more... Payable Group in filing invoices, payment reports and journals. My supervisor and co-workers are very nice and helpful. I really enjoy in working here. – less
Constant change to new technologies - exciting environment
IT Manager (Former Employee), LondonDecember 5, 2012
Pros: intelligent and fun co-workers
Cons: long hours
A typical day at work was varied and challenging. From repair of hardware to maintaining the help desk. Software and hardware maintenance and upgrade.

I learned to deal with pressure and be confident and proactive with clients.

The management changed regularly. Sometimes the focus was more on the money side with cost reductions and efficiency taking – more... the focus. Others were more focused on technology and implementation of large compute infrastructure. Always interesting.

The workers were intelligent, fun and strongly motivated by the company ethos.

The hardest part of the job was the occasional long hours.

The best part was the friendly and supportive co-workers. – less
5 weeks of work on a boat followed by 5 weeks of vacation
Offshore data processing shift leader (Current Employee), White Plains, NYJuly 19, 2012
Pros: Lots of vacation, salary, field and office work at the same time, travelling
Cons: Isolated on boat for extended periods of time. In the end the amount of work is equivalent to a regular job. Travelling.

Julesunder – August 22, 2012

Is it really 5 weeks on the boat and 5 weeks off? I get the impression that after the 5 weeks you are required to be in the office, is this correct? Or is the office time actually conducted on the boat during trips? Any info would be great, thanks.

Fast Paced Buying Environment
Buyer (Current Employee), Houston TexasApril 25, 2012
Pros: great benifits
Cons: salary could be better
The Typical day is a fast paced non stop environment. CGGVeritas has many oppurtunities to obtain various types of knowledge. Management could be be more knowledgeable about the scope of their subordinates job duties. The hardest part of the Job is not getting compensated for the value of the position. The most enjoyable part of the job is the people.
CGGVeritas is a great company to work for!
Training Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Houston, TXApril 19, 2012
Pros: lunches are great here!
Cons: some hr staff
My day at work is really not stressful. The people here are mostly nice. There are a few issues of course with different departments;as with any company; but overall we have great benefits and good employee activities!

About CGGVeritas

It's the veritable truth, CGGVeritas works by land and by sea to provide seismographic services and equipment for oil companies – Read more