CGG Employee Reviews in Canada

Great Team focused on Customer satisfaction
Senior Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMarch 1, 2016
The Customer service department received emails, phone calls and faxes from clients requesting their data. Work orders would be created for production and shipping. Invoice would reviewed and processed.
I have a great understand of how team worker and communication between departments (accounting, production, and customer service) aids in the clients' satisfaction and confidence with the company.
The company went through a lot of change with 5 different management styles, but all the employees worked as a team and we moved forward with each change.
My coworkers were some of the same group of people I have worked with off and on for 14 years. They are a great bunch of people.
The hardest part of customer service is being the complaint department also. I always felt very relieved and satisfied with be able to solve the concerns and complaints of our clients
I enjoyed interacting with clients, coworkers, and managementI was only employed by this company for a year.
Pros
My Co Workers
Cons
Production had slowed down
good to work for when industry is going well
Seismic Vessel Party Manager (Current Employee) –  worldwide offshore based.February 17, 2016
CGG is a good company, that generally cares about employees, but industry (oil and gas) is difficult currently.
offshore based and a good place to 'see the world' and work with people from different countries and cultures.
Pros
worldwide work exposure
Cons
away from home for long periods
Daily monitoring recording systems and repaiting equipment
Chief / Shift Supervisor Technician (Former Employee) –  OffshoreOctober 6, 2015
A multicultural company with strong upper management providing an oil exploration service world wide. Company supports its employees with internal and external training as well as a competitive salary.
Pros
travel and time off
Cons
long periods of time away from family
Long hours. not bad pay once added up at the end of the season, Dying industry
Seismic Helper (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMarch 17, 2015
Was once a good easy oil patch job. Longer hours than most, but fewer on the job risks. If you can dress for the cold and handle the heat, it was a pretty good gig.
When I started you could work nearly year round if you wanted to. Now a days you're lucky if there's 3 months work for the whole year.
Pros
You are able to build up alot of pay and food and transportaion is paid for.
Cons
You are away from home for Long periods at a time, working 13 hour days in ALL weather
Great Company
Accounting Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABFebruary 26, 2015
Due to company buy out my job was no longer needed.

They were great people to work for. Understanding of life outside of work, and not there just for business. Made you feel like you were at home, not just there to work and get out.
Fast paced environment
Fleet Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJanuary 28, 2015
CGG was a very fast paces work environment. I enjoyed and thrived on the tight dead lines and cohesive work relationships with the other departments.
CGG believed in personal and work development. I took many management, development and educational courses internally to increase my abilities in my profession.
Always in fear of loosing your job. No security.
Operations Assistant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJanuary 5, 2015
Monthly layoffs.
Management installed camera to monitor staff behavior.
Not a multicultural office.
Strict old school management leading to a culture of fear. Amazing to watch in this day and age.
Do not question management.
Old 90s vintage software tools.
Too many legacy systems.
Limited long term career prospects.
It is who you know, not what you know that delays your job termination.
Pros
the few friends i did leave there with.
Cons
as wirtten above
Was a good place to work. Great benefits
Operations Assistant (Former Employee) –  calgaryOctober 6, 2014
Great people, company puts on incredible Christmas Party.
Pros
flexible
Cons
no job security
What I enjoy the most, was the opportunity to work with excellent professionals.
Geophysicist - Project leader (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABOctober 2, 2014
disorganized chaos
Geophysical Processor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABFebruary 6, 2014
great benefits, okay people, little training, no help from management, expected to work late or on weekends, games room keeps getting smaller and smaller,
Was hoping to go further with the company.
Junior Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJanuary 10, 2014
Typical day at work was outside, -40 or below in Alberta. You either got bundled up or went home, there wasn't a whole lot of room for compromise. The management teams were usually pretty great, easy going people.. over the years though the company has down sized and seemingly become unorganized, which is disappointing, I enjoyed working for them.
Pros
camp work, hotel jobs, hot shot, location of jobs
Cons
long rotational work, uncompetative wages
big company, lots of infrastructure to support personal learning
Airborne Surveys - EM (Current Employee) –  CanadaNovember 11, 2013
With many different offices and services, hard to say a typical day. There are many different services set up to support employee development.
Productive and small company workplace
Seismic processor (Former Employee) –  Calgary,ABOctober 3, 2013
Process and execute day-to-day operations of medium to large projects from field tapes to final product, providing optimal quality control, problem identification and defining ideal solutions.
manage small to medium project.
How to provide and advanced seismic imaging using advanced technologies.
Enjoy working in a team environment, the best communication between my co-workers enhance our productivity as a team.
To meet deadlines and satisfaction.
Reach the expectations and goals of the company enhancing my skills.
Environnemnet de travail
ingenieur geoohysique (Former Employee) –  Tunis, ONDecember 16, 2015
environnement de travail mais pas de motivation surtout pour ces deux dernières années.
Pros
prime de laiid, et assurance astree
Cons
pas de ticket restaurant, pas de prime de transport, salaire infereieur a la normale, nencourage le sport, pas dàide pour logement ni aide pour education des enfant, pas de pret pwersonnelle