CGG

CGG Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Was hoping to go further with the company.
Junior Coordinator (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 10, 2014
Pros: camp work, hotel jobs, hot shot, location of jobs
Cons: long rotational work, uncompetative wages
Typical day at work was outside, -40 or below in Alberta. You either got bundled up or went home, there wasn't a whole lot of room for compromise. The management teams were usually pretty great, easy going people.. over the years though the company has down sized and seemingly become unorganized, which is disappointing, I enjoyed working for them.
big company, lots of infrastructure to support personal learning
Airborne Surveys - EM (Current Employee), CanadaNovember 11, 2013
With many different offices and services, hard to say a typical day. There are many different services set up to support employee development.
Productive and small company workplace
Seismic processor (Former Employee), Calgary,ABOctober 3, 2013
Process and execute day-to-day operations of medium to large projects from field tapes to final product, providing optimal quality control, problem identification and defining ideal solutions.
manage small to medium project.
How to provide and advanced seismic imaging using advanced technologies.
Enjoy working in a team environment, the best communication – more... between my co-workers enhance our productivity as a team.
To meet deadlines and satisfaction.
Reach the expectations and goals of the company enhancing my skills. – less
Good to work with skilled people in the seismic industry. Always helpful with technical question I had on equipment used in their departments.
Inventory Control Specialist (Former Employee), Houston, TXAugust 9, 2014
Pros: good people to work with.
Cons: some vessels had different hardware, software versions on board.
First thing to do to start my day was to review Emails coming from our France or Singapore offices, for their needs of equipment in future survey jobs. I learned in my years at CGG about the seismic equipment, repair process, and shipping & receiving process. I would communicate directly with the vessels in our region to make sure their inventory on – more... board was up to spare standards set by our management. We had very knowledgeable people in our departments (Supply Chain, Navigation, Operations, Mechanical, Cable Shop repair) that I could clarify any problems about the proper piece of equipment needed for a specific survey. The hardest part of my job was keeping the inventory tracking system up to date with inventory located in Houston Hub. Our office in France managed this system and some times the location would change the next day after I updated it to Houston location. This had to be constantly monitored. The most enjoyable part of my job was work as a team to ensure the vessel would be ready for the next survey per our customer’s request. – less
Giving lots of opportunities to travel around the United States and gain experience in the oil industry.
Equipment Coordinator (Former Employee), Anchorage, AlaskaJune 27, 2014
Pros: travel, per-diem, health care benefits, food and housing.
Cons: short breaks, low pay, harsh environments, poor management
A typical day of work consist of long hours and manual labor seven days a week. Although the pay was great due to overtime hours, I feel that career advancement opportunities were at a dead end. After 11 years with CGG, my position was only a junior management level with low pay and empty promises for a raise. The hardest part of my job was adapting – more... to different work environments. I would go from a work place that would be hot and humid to a place where temperatures would be below zero. Working in harsh environments became mundane and eventually got easier as the years went by. I loved the fact that working for this company gave me an opportunity to travel. I met many co-workers from different places all over the world that became my friends. I learned how the oil industry works and gained multiple skills that i can utilize in my future. wether its plain manual labor or coordinate field operations, i can comfortable perform my job and duties with the experiences i obtained. – less
Geophysicist (Current Employee), Navi Mumbai, MHJune 20, 2014
"In my department, there is a team environment; it’s a really tight group of people, almost a family. There have been changes in the group but it never takes long for new people to feel part of the group, become part of it and fit right in. The people I work with, and for, are all good people. At CGG it’s about the people and they’re just good people, – more... they’re good to work with." – less
Building Maintenance
Facilities Engineer (Current Employee), Houston, TXSeptember 3, 2013
This is a great company to work for. Every day we tend to the property to make sure the buildings are up to code and maintained to a high standard. We also handle a lot of remodeling and new construction projects as the company grows.
ótima experiência
IT Suporte (Former Employee), Rio de Janeiro, RJJuly 1, 2014
Pros: bom ambiente, benefícios, trabalho apesar de pesado era agradável, tecnologia de ponta, muito aprendizado e liberdade de propor novas idéias.
Cons: quadro reduzido, gargalo de tarefas e muita pressão.
Um dia típico:

Verificação de emails do dia anterior (devido ao sobreaviso), era muito comum trabalhar depois do horário pois era 24 horas recebendo e-mails ,monitoramento , atualizações vindas do mundo todo.
Chamados vindo de email e sistema interno, com atividades altamente técnicas como a configuração de um cluster HPC ou Storage até uma simples – more... solicitacão de roaming internacional para celular e pacote de dados.

Melhorei meu ingles e espanhol , aprendi muito com estrangeiros e novas culturas, participei de treinamentos fora do Brasil.

O ambiente era muito agradável , embora a pressâo era grande devido ao tipo do negócio (Oil and Gas).

Gerencia ativa e sempre preocupada. – less
pour travailleur voyageur
Assistant Recorder searay 300/Deck supervisor/ (Current Employee), Around the worldNovember 6, 2013
Pros: echanges multinations
Cons: statut free-lance
Shift de 12hrs sur 45jrs/30jrs quand les missions sont longues. Travail multinational très intéressant techniquement. Il permet de rencontrer des gens très expérimentés dans le domaine de la géophysique. Important d’être en bonne sante car selon les endroits la chaleur s’avère contraignante.