CF Industries

CF Industries Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great company to work for, but safety was a concern.
Electrical and Instrumentation Technician (Former Employee), Woodward, OKJune 24, 2013
Pros: benefits, compensation, opportunity for growth
Cons: working around hazardous chemicals, safety not on par with nuclear facilities
Typical day:
Arrived at work at 7:30 and received trouble calls from the night before. Worked on trouble calls until 4:00, unless staying later was deemed necessary. The 5 other E & I technicians and I would be on a six-week on-call rotation, in which we were on call 24 hours a day for one week.

What I learned:
I learned how to work on many electrical – more... components that I had never previously even seen or heard of.

Management:
Management was great! They were always concerned with doing the job right and doing it quickly, but they were first and foremost concerned about the employees of the plant. They were very willing to help us out and allow us to work overtime, even if our overtime was simply staying at the plant and studying technical manuals.

Co-workers:
For the most part, my co-workers were great team players and we all worked well together. On most occasions, doing our jobs required some sort of team effort.

Hardest part of the job:
Fixing electrical components in the middle of the night in the middle of winter, during an ice storm.

Most enjoyable part of the job:
Finally getting a component to work correctly after extensive struggles and trials to get it right. – less
Good people, teaching the trade, great experience
Process Operator Intern (Current Employee), Donaldsonville, LAFebruary 27, 2013
Great people to work for and with. Everyone trying to make the internship a positive learning experience. Would love to be employed permently with this Co.
Again, a great job - the employees were my clients
Wellness / Fitness Program Assistant (Former Employee), Long Grove, ILJanuary 9, 2013
Private company so the culture was more personable between upper management and employees. Everyone worked as a team and interacted teamwork between departments.
An old company in a new environment
Analyst (Current Employee), Deerfield, ILDecember 11, 2012
Pros: excellent work/life balance, great friendly atmosphere
Cons: people tend to get stuck in their positions, never advance
CF Industries has a storied history and is more than 50 years old. Most of that time was as a cooperative as it has only been public since 2005. Most employees have been there more than 10 years and there are more than a dozen (in an office of 250) with tenure greater than 30 years (which says something all by its self). Their flex-time schedule allows – more... you to start your day between 8:30 and 9:30 and end between 4:30 and 5:30, very few stay late. Generally, the attitude is that as long as you get your work done well, you don't have to stay a second past the end of the day, which is excellent. Management is fair, I never hear of someone getting yelled at with raised voices and everyone is nice and cordial to each other. The HR department could be better, but since its such a nice place to work, that's a small complaint. all that said, you need to work really hard to advance within the organization. there's a tendency to hire from the outside, however this is slowly changing. compensation is fair, not great, a typical raise is between 1 and 3 percent annually. – less
Temporary Job, did not suit me well.
Security Guard (Former Employee), Donaldsonville, LAOctober 11, 2012
Pros: fixed schedules, ample opportunity for overtime.
Cons: no breaks
There was no such thing as a "typical day" being a security guard. It was impossible to predict what could happen or what routine work would get interrupted. Management and chain of command was extremely structured but hard to figure out which orders to follow. The hardest part of the job was that because I was trying to be completely alert throughout – more... my entire shift was mentally draining. – less

About CF Industries

CF Industries is a global leader in the manufacture and distribution of nitrogen and phosphate products. The company is based – Read more