CF Industries Inc. Employee Reviews

SAFE ENVIROMENT
CB&I, Skilled Painter (Former Employee) –  donaldsonville ,LASeptember 29, 2015
safety was the number one key while working with CF. It gives you opportunities as well as safety . CF requires that you work efficient and at a normal paste
Strong company, safe work atmosphere, great people to work for
Chemical Operator (Former Employee) –  Donaldsonville, LASeptember 8, 2015
Excellent job, many co-workers willing to help train. Friendly atmosphere with management. Lots of job related material to train with. Enjoyed camaraderie and friendship of other coworkers.
CF Industry Review
Sr. I&E Engineer (Former Employee) –  Donaldsonville, LouisianaAugust 25, 2015
Work with maintenance on small projects and with outside engineering firms on projects above 500K. Typical work day includes meeting with management to prioritize work, working with process to help define improvements, and meeting with firms about work and scope definition. Hardest part is realizing there is work that you can not complete. The plant is always in need of improvements. Most enjoyable part is a new challenge every day.
Pros
People and learning new things
Cons
Compensation
Great employees and collaborative culture
Manager - Customer Support (Current Employee) –  Deerfield, ILAugust 16, 2015
I really enjoy working closely with other departments. Everyone is eager to work together to ensure the company succeeds.
Pros
Free Starbucks Coffe and an Ice Mountain Water Cooler
Great company to work for for.
Production Supervisor International Mining Company (Former Employee) –  Plant City, FLJune 19, 2015
I learned a lot and grew so much working here. This was a large phosphate plant . They produced fertilizer from digging and mining the ground to loading raw fertilizer in railcars and trucks to be shipped around the world. I learned how to work safe too.
Pros
excellent health insurance
Cons
chemical releases
CF
Operations Intern (Current Employee) –  Donaldsonville, LAJune 8, 2015
Great Place to Intern. Learned A LOT, very knowledgeable operations staff always willing to teach you about the process and or equipment.
Avoid at all cost
Storage Field & Process Operator (Former Employee) –  IllinoisJune 8, 2015
Its a bait and switch to get you in the door if you have a solid back ground. they will sell you a song and dance but then wont pay for the song. A poorly operated company with a stellar outward appearance in reality its a house of cards built on quick sand.
Pros
I left in one piece
Cons
I WASTED 2 YEARS OF MY LIFE
Good company, hard to advance
C Technician (Former Employee) –  Donaldsonville, LAApril 13, 2015
good company
hardest part was dealing with people who didnt want to work.
most enjoyable part was the friends ships and learning chances.
Great Company overall
Production Technician 1 (Former Employee) –  Sioux City, IAMarch 10, 2015
A typical day at work and what I learned was how to operate valves and/or instrument to adjust fluid levels, flow, temperature, pressures, speed of equipment, and starting/stopping of mechanical equipment. Lubricates and properly operate equipment. Used troubleshooting skills to find and report problems.
Management was good
All co-workers were great to work with
Hardest part of job was working conditions (very hot and very cold)
The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to learn somethings I think I would. Also enjoyed the shift work because I was able to see family a lot more.
Pros
free clothing and lunches
Cons
working outside everyday in all conditions no matter the weather
Very productive and fun to be around employees
Instrument Technician Internship (Current Employee) –  Donaldsonville, LAFebruary 10, 2015
I enjoy my time there getting to know my co-workers and learning as much about instrumentation as I possibly can. I typical day consist of being paired with an Instrument technician and observing and assisting the work being done throughout the day.
productive and fun workplace
Laborer/Carpentry Helper (Current Employee) –  Donaldsonville, LANovember 7, 2014
I've learn more about carpentry itself, from forms to rebar and actually building things. The management is well kept up. The co-worker are like family. The hardest part of the job is to keep from getting injured. The most enjoyable part of the job it to get it done without injuries and leaving safe.
Worked hard at all jobs
Assist construction (Former Employee) –  Donaldsonville, LAFebruary 18, 2014
Work usually begins at 6 am
the experience of working construction for a plant for very inportant
Pros
the experience of working for a plant
Cons
short term jobs
Good people, teaching the trade, great experience
Process Operator Intern (Current Employee) –  Donaldsonville, LAFebruary 27, 2013
Great people to work for and with. Everyone trying to make the internship a positive learning experience. Would love to be employed permently with this Co.
Temporary Job, did not suit me well.
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Donaldsonville, LAOctober 11, 2012
There was no such thing as a "typical day" being a security guard. It was impossible to predict what could happen or what routine work would get interrupted. Management and chain of command was extremely structured but hard to figure out which orders to follow. The hardest part of the job was that because I was trying to be completely alert throughout my entire shift was mentally draining.
Pros
fixed schedules, ample opportunity for overtime.
Cons
no breaks

4.3