Freight Handler -position summary:
Manual loading and unloading of fright with the use of pallet jack, hand truck or forklift, general labour, and warehouse maintenance. Take full charge of the assigned receiving area. Know the proper location and receiving process for all accounts.
- Receive cargo from incoming trucks
- Verify and note the count and condition of cargo received, knowing when to either refuse or accept with notation.
- Record receipts to appropriate forms and/or log books.
- Verify proper documentation attached.
- Sort cargo received by account or intended destination, and store in proper staging location.
- Accurately label freight to destination.
- Perform forklift duties, and learn to containerize basic loads.
- Develop and maintain excellent service to internal and external customers at all times.
- Build and unload customers to specific containers.
- Dim and weigh freight.
- Assist in various warehouse maintenance tasks, including sweeping floors, putting equipment away, etc.
- Other duties, as assigned.
- High School Diploma and 2+ years related experience, or any equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must be able to read, write and communicate in English.
- Ability to communicate and interact effectively with people from multi-functional and diverse backgrounds.
- Attention to detail= ability to work independently while following established company policy and procedures.
- Oral and reading comprehension- the ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken word and written documents.
- Teamwork- demonstrating effective interpersonal skills and working cooperatively and effectively.
- Safety- personal willingness to practice a standard proper use of equipment and protective devices.
Indeed - 17 months ago
At CEVA, we are committed to delivering Operational Excellence to our customers, each and every day. As a truly global and richly diverse...