Cervus Employee Reviews

Excellent work environment, strong safety program
Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Red Deer, AB1 September 2017
I have been employed with Cervus Equipment for 23 years. Wages and benifets are excellent, the company offers an awesome Employee Stock Purchace Plan.
Management, both local and corporate are approachable and friendly, they expect and respect all employee opinions and ideas.
Very friendly workplace culture, usually very busy for 8 hours a day with a wide variety of tasks.
I do enjoy the work, people and environment at Cervus Equipment.
Pros
Great staff, flexible work loads for personal needs. Lots of training and opportunities.
Cons
Like most other firms Cervus is coping with challenging economic times
Great Group of People
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Red Deer, AB31 August 2017
You spend most of your life at work. Having great people working along side of you makes the time enjoyable.

People here care about the customers and their business and we All give an extra effort to help customers succeed with their business.

I dare you to come into the branch and not receive a true 'Welcome! How can we help you today?"

People here are also very knowledgeable. We take pride in continuous learning and place a ton of emphasis on becoming experts in our fields.

Whether you are a customer or a co-worker - We will exceed your expectations - let us prove it to you!
Pros
Collaborative Environment
A good stable place to work
Shop Foreman (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK24 July 2017
I have been at Cervus for several years and I find that they are a young company working towards improving the work place for all their employees. Wages are very fair as is the benefit package. Safety is a large focus in the dealerships, especially in the shops. They have an excellent apprentice support program for shop technicians. They offer stock purchasing to all employees. The best part of the job is working on the best brands in the industry.
Pros
Will invest in new technology.
Cons
Need to overcome some growing pains
Positive Experience
Technician (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB19 May 2017
Energetic crew to work with, cool customers and good management. Learnt lots on the job and from leadership.

Had a positive experience working here and would recommend the company.
Pros
Awesome coworkers
Cons
Last minute service jobs
Worst Run Company Ever
Manager (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB16 March 2017
Do you love Incompetent managers that throw you under the bus when they make a mistake? Do you like working with a new employee every week? Do you enjoy doing the work of 4 people for minimum wage? Do you enjoy a high drama super stressful work environment? Then look no further because this company is the pinnacle of all those things... and more. Be prepared for a full career of confusion, stress and misery!!
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Too many to list
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Calgary22 August 2016
Company provides a lot of flexibility, room for growth, great brands, working hard to improve technology, working to break down silos and work cross division
A good and solid growing company
Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 August 2016
I've been working at Cervus for over a year now and I find it to be a company of good values.

It is a company of growth and we are representing top notch OEMs.

I believe that the company offer good learning opportunities and I am happy I made this change.
Pros
Senior Leadership, Training and Development, Values
Cons
It could pay a little bit better
Excellent company
Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 August 2016
Cervus provides people with the ability to be creative and do things differently. It is new and growing which means they value ingenuity and creativity. I love working here!
Pros
Management Team
Stay Away
Parts Person (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 July 2016
Horribly managed and poorly run company. With the economic downturn their "streamlining" shifted the work load of many onto very few with no compensation. There is little to no support at the branch level from head office and upper management.

If you enjoy drama fit for high school, empty promises and being over worked and under paid, this is the place for you.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
everything else
Stay away from this company
Rental Agent (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB28 January 2016
I was employed with Cervus, during which I was hounded daily, asked to do the work of 4 or 5 people, and had to literally run from task to task. I came home every single day mentally and physically exhausted. I was let go with no official reason given, and had to seek compensation for wrongful termination through the government, which was awarded once they got involved. They were not going to pay what I was owed in severance, and as soon as the government got involved they paid right away. Seems like they got caught in the act.The entire department I ran is now shut down.

Stay away from this company, it is poorly run and they have no business sense. There is no job security and upper management will get away with just about anything if you let them. Very high turnover rate.
Worst company
Contracts and Revenue (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB11 January 2016
One of the worse companies I have ever worked for. Stay away from the SRO office they will treat you like Trash.There is no flexibility. They make you do work for 4 people. No appreciation for any hard work you do. Every department has there own rules and regulations. No proper training given. The managers bully you around and do not care. The company has a high turnover
Day to day at work
sales executives (Former Employee) –  toronto12 June 2015
1.A typical day at work?Day to day activity at work some time s it ethic but at times is not, really it has to do with our daily routine for work we do.
2. what you learned ?Really it a wonderful day routine in which l learned different things every day at work l learned new things and experience of the work is growing on daily basis .
3.management.? The management are there to guide and direct day t day administration of the company. to see that things are in line with the company to develop at every sector.
4, your co workers?The co workers are very cooperative at all time with me because l need not to be ash with them and i need to do according to the rule and regulation state i ll always be cooperate with them in other to make my work very easy and there own job also.because we all need to move the company forward by cooperation together ,
5 the hardest part of the job?.l would like to make it straight.work some time difficult but we don t have any choice we need to cope with the situation ,because you need to face it any where , the more you face hardship the more you are making perfect to the situation.
6.the most enjoyable part of the job?well the most enjoyable part of my job his meeting with new client, meeting different people and making new client and attending different meetings that regarding to the area of my job.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
long time

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cervus. Our community is ready to answer.