For over 30 years, our client base has steadily grown to become a leading force in industrial automation technologies, serving over 100,000 customers in over 70 countries worldwide. They have since expanded into an efficient global network of 16 international affiliates, with annual sales exceeding two billion dollars, but only 3300 employees worldwide. Furthermore, our client, has been ranked on Forbes’ list of the World’s Most Innovative Companies and also named one of Business Week's “1000 Best Valued Companies.”
TECHNICAL SALES REPRESENTATIVE/ENGINEER
This position is a premier opportunity for you to learn consultative, solution-based sales. Working in a highly professional and fast-paced office an average of two days a week, the other three days will be used to visit manufacturers in a given sales territory to consult face-to-face on solving customers’ critical quality control, reliability, and research or design applications. While our clients products are highly technical, you will receive the training to become an expert on these products, solving applications, following a pro-active sales process, and conducting successful sales consultations.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Attend product and application training at the Canadian head office in Toronto (approximately 3 months). Training is paid.
- Develop a thorough understanding of products and applications through classes, seminars, and on-the-job training.
- Provide technical consultation and service to customers to help solve their applications using the products in a variety of industries, selecting and promoting the proper company products/services for their application.
- Demonstrate a high degree of flexibility in adapting to the company’s expectations and the challenges customers present to you.
- Respond promptly and efficiently to customer requests.
- Secure new customers consistently and efficiently.
- Travel to customer locations three days per week and successfully sell products/services into a wide variety of manufacturing & related industries.
- Coordinate account strategy and contribute to territory’s strategic plan.
- Successfully implement new product-launch strategies.
- Deliver growth in market share within assigned sales territory.
- Coordinate off-site seminars and trade shows as needed.
- Manage day-to-day activities with little to no managerial supervision.
- Understand and observe company / department policies and procedures.
- Other duties or projects, as assigned.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Four-year University or College degree in related discipline (Engineering or Business Management preferred, but not mandatory.)
- Interest and aptitude to master our client’s highly technical products.
- Interest in working in manufacturing environments.
- Excellent presentation, oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to listen and pro-actively react to customer questions and requests.
- Goal-oriented and extremely hard working, with a desire to make a measurable contribution to the organization’s success.
- Desire to better yourself through intensive training, mentorship, engaged management, and pro-active, process-oriented sales approach.
- Understand and abide by all company policies and procedures: including professional dress code, punctuality, attendance, and sales process policies.
- Willingness to travel 60% of the time, including the possibility of overnight travel.
- Must have own vehicle.
Earnings Potential: $45k Base Salary + Bonus + Paid Overtime = $58k-62k (approx.) in the first year.
Position requires the ability to lift and carry 30 – 70 lbs. of demonstration equipment in and out of vehicles and through customer locations with or without reasonable accommodation(s). Incumbents are expected to demonstrate flexibility to a wide variety of manufacturing environments in terms of level of cleanliness, temperature, and/or noise. Incumbents must also abide by all safety regulations in offices and customer locations, including wearing safety clothing and/or gear whenever required.
Thank you for your interest.